• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Ok, that makes sense. I'm guessing we're at a dead end now, colcolstyles. I don't know how to locate the routines that are run after 0x79 "givepokemon" is called, and it doesn't sound like you do either. Does anyone know how to locate the routines that calculate the pokemon's personality value, IV's, and all that stuff?

You could put a breakpoint on read at whatever address the '0x79' byte is at, play through the game until it breaks, and then disassemble the routines at whatever address comes up. It won't be easy and if you don't know what you're doing, don't bother. There are probably much easier ways to do whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
How would I make it so when the player first appears in game, a script starts and plays only once? I was thinking there was something to do with map headers, but I don't know.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
How would I make it so when the player first appears in game, a script starts and plays only once? I was thinking there was something to do with map headers, but I don't know.
This would be a level script, iirc. There is a tutorial by cooley about level scripts.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Need help with tile insertion

sounds a little silly i know. But every time i try to insert a tile... I do it properly and everything following a tutorial 100%
But when the results are in... This happens

Spoiler:

I can't seem to get it the work the way i want it to.
I'm just trying to insert a new house for the player n rival etc.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Are you sure you followed the tutorial properly?
The attributes of tileset1 should be 128x320 when you import it. I think that may be the problem.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
atm its too late to fix that because i've already deleted the file so i don't know if its fine now.
but ill make sure to check it next time i take a shot at it

tomotaku

KoganStyle
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2011
hi, is there a tool to change the intro in FRLF?
i only found one for emerald..

Years
hello, Can any one tell me the pallet offset of Battle BG for Fire RED. Grass, water, sand, rock etc All of them. Please...........

Years
Hello, when I redesign my tileset from scratch, but want to keep the animated tiles (tall grass, beachshore, water), should I place the tiles on the same location as in the original tileset? Or is there an option to assign a certain animation to a certain tile?

*tile => block.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Hey i just checked afterwards with the house and and the thing was 180 x 320 and i used the erasor trick to get the house the colors already in the pallet. And now where on earth should i put it? the tiles are always spread out all over the tileset replacing even things i need!

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
What's the sprite number for Groudon?

I'm using an Overworld Editior Rebirth Edition, so let me have one question: What is the sprite index number for Groudon (not the grey)?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
anyone know where can i find emerald logo and font? (tlp/unLZ)

tutorial or the offset pls :)

ps. emerald

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Is there a way to get (a/lead) pokemon to follow you in ruby or fire red, like they do in hg/ss?
NO. That would require someone who is very, very, very skilled at ROM Hacking and ASM Hacking. If you ask what ASM Hacking is, its hacking the game's engine which, I presume, those who studied Computer Engineering can understand fully.

kthnxbai

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
I have the day/night system on my rom hack and whenever I exit the moving truck everything is dull (no matter the time), until I enter my house, set the clock, and exit.

Is there a way to change where you start in the game to fix this?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@Nosophoros :
You can use SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance) made by Hackmew (search) or hex edit where you start at the beginning of the game. I think that should be plenty.

tomotaku

KoganStyle
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2011
i made a script in notepad and saved it there as "text.rbc", then i decoded it with pokescript, then "buf rite" has showen up, when i click on look i hav to choose sometin..what?
i tryed a lot of things but nothing appeared...what to do?

edit: i solved this already (y)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2010
I want to confirm something. You can't hack Tile Event Behaviors, can you? As in, it's impossible to locate and edit Byte Behavior 83, meaning you can't edit the PC. I've done some searching(Both on the form, and Google), but I found nothing, so I'm assuming that it's not possible. I could have been just looking in the incorrect places though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back