• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skippy's Bad Troll Team (Wifi)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
  • So, Intro...

Gen 5 really brought a whole host of new things to the table- some things broken and annoying (see: Inconsistent), others cool new moves to try out that do well (see: Double Chop and Evil Eye), and some things came in new Pokemon that developed brand new niches in the metagame (See: Morobaeru, Roopushin, and Rankurusu). It's taken me a long time to slowly adapt to the Wifi metagame, let alone Dream World, but this team seems to do the trick so far.

Strategy? Lolwut?

To be honest, I don't have a style for this team at all. Strategy is to mainly check threats while dealing damage back. I guess that Roopushin acts kind of like the team's sweeper, but to be honest its more of an anti-metagame team more than anything else.

A Quick Glance...

Play-By-Play Time!

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
    Ability: Sand Veil
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP (4 Spa)​

Double Chop
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance/Fire Blast
    Stealth Rock​

Garchomp is a very effective anti-lead in Generation 5, only scared of the occasional scarfed sleeper lead and Darkrai. In all other cases, Garchomp is able to get Stealth Rock up, and can go to Espeon for a predicted attempted burn or sleep. If the opponent chooses to not attack Garchomp the first turn, Garchomp usually gets a free Swords Dance and can proceed to dish out heavy damage to most anti-leads, OHKOing Aerodactyl and Azelf with +2 Double Chop as well as smashing Nattorei with a +2 Earthquake (which iirc has a chance to OHKO with SR up on the switch). The only Pokemon in Wifi that effectively wall the combination of Double Chop and Earthquake are Skarmory, Bronzong and the Steels with Balloons. For that reason, I am considering changing nature and EVs and utilizing Fire Blast.​

Espeon @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Magic Mirror
    4 HP/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe​

Substitute
    Psycho Shock
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Fighting/ Baton Pass​

Oh man, how the Wifi people groan and moan over this guy, especially stall teams. Espeon drives away Leech Seed, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Whirlwind, and pretty much any other status move from my team, which causes havoc to stall teams and weakens offensive teams. Substitute Espeon provides the best role for this in my opinion because it has the ability to scout for Pursuit or an attacking move that my opponent uses on Espeon (such as scouting Nattorei's Gyro Ball/ Power Whip and switching accordingly). Hidden Power Fighting is used to give Tyranitar and Nattorei a little shocker, but Baton Pass can easily fit in its slot in order to escape BaitTar and whatnot.​

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Technician
    252 Atk/248 HP/ 8 Spe​

Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Quick Attack
    Superpower​

As I said earlier, this team is more of an anti-metagame team than anything else. This Scizor is the epitome of what I mean, carrying Quick Attack just for Rain Dance and Sunny Day Pokemon that aren't ripped apart by Bullet Punch. Granted, the loss of Pursuit does hurt against Gengar and the like, but so far this team has managed with the lack of Pursuit support. Scizor also provides as an emergency check to weakened sweepers and can pick them off with the priority move of choice. Only Empoleon, Shandera, Shedinja and Plain Rotom completely resist the priority combo of Bullet Punch and Quick Attack iirc, so it works quite well.​

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Levitate
    252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP​

Hydro Pump
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Trick​

I don't see why Rotom isn't used more, particularly Rotom-W. It has a 4x resist to Bullet Punch and can OHKO a variety of major threats with Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball. It became a better Gyara counter as well thanks to the new Water typing. Trick allows me to cripple stuff like Blissey on stall teams, and hasn't been missed.​

Morobareru @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Ability: Effect Spore
    252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 SDef​

Spore
    Stun Spore
    Giga Drain
    Clear Smog​

FEAR TEH SHROOM >=) In all seriousness this thing is amazing. I've used it to wallop Rain Dance teams and completely neuter threats that try to set up on it. Spore is really a great move, and the switch-in gets crippled with Stun Spore unless it misses. Giga Drain is Morobareru's best form of recovery because of all the sandstorm running rampant, and Clear Smog allows me to bring stuff like Shell Break and Dragon Dance back down to zilch.​

Roopushin @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Guts
    120 HP/ 252 Atk/ 136 Def
    Bulk Up
    Mach Punch
    Drain Punch
    Payback​

If there was such thing as a sweeper on this team, Roopushin would be it. This thing can take a bunch of hits and punish opponents afterward (kinda like Snorlax but more powerful and without Rest). Drain Punch gives Roopushin a great form of recovery because of all of the Tyranitar and Sazandora and what not around, and after a Bulk Up, Doryuzu dies to Mach Punch. Desukan must be wary when burning this guy as well, because Guts will make it pay for its crime if Desukan decides to not pack Evil Eye. Payback also nails Gengar, Shandera, and Burungeru hard.​

Team Weaknesses

Well, I wouldn't be making it an RMT if it didnt have issues unless I got to #1, right?

- Lack of a Fire type move anywhere kinda hurts, because Scizor and Foretress can take advantage of it, mostly notably shown with Espeon.
    - Shaymin-S is terribly annoying to square off with, and pretty much best I can hope for is a KO with Bullet Punch.
    - Nothing in my arsenal can land an OHKO on Manaphy either. Rotom can do ok against non-Energy Ball Tail Glow Sweepers, but Thunderbolt doesn't OHKO the bulky spread, which is saddening.​

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Roopushin: Even though I run Payback on my PO Roopushin, I'd go for Stone Edge because of Desukan; if you hit it with Payback, Roopushin's ability becomes Mummy, which nullifies its status absorbing abilities. The loss of coverage hurts a bit, though.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Sp.Def is the better EV spread on Roob. Lets you actually take a few special hits.

I also like the part when you basically copied my whole team. :/

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Lol I changed it around... only Morobareru and Scizor are exactly the same and you don't have Rotom or Esp. Also my lead is kinda like a cross between your's and Syndrome's but watevs lol
    (also title is there for a reason)

Back