• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sevii Islands

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Sevii Islands

So far, the only locations in the pokémon world that haven't been rendered in 3D are Hoenn (It has now, the game just hasn't been released) and the Sevii Islands.
    Did it mean anything to you that they didn't appear in Hg/Ss? Were you happy or sad about this?

Personally I would have really liked them to appear in the Fourth Generation in some way, as I really enjoyed them in LeafGreen. I understand that Kanto/Johto is already pretty big, but recently I've been thinking they should have replaced the Battle Zone - working as both an easter egg to the impending return of Kanto, and also a far more interesting location. Battle Frontier / Tower could have replaced that tower on one of the islands, and there's already a volcano for Heatran too. Plus, one of the islands is named Resort Gorgeous, so surely it could have repaced Resort Area?
    I still hope for their return...but if not, at least it's one more reason to play the first pokémon remakes, right?

Sieg_Hart

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2014
    They really should remake the sevii islands. They were one of my favorite parts of fr/lg

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    The Sevii Islands were easily my favorite addition to FRLG. I feel like more remakes should add as much as they did, and I'm really hoping that ORAS brings something to the table similar to this.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I never played through them myself so I can't really comment on how good they were. But form seeing everyone's reaction to them over the years, why not? Extra content while isn't always the best, is still extra content. I would have loved them to be remastered in the 4th Generation. Fingers crossed in the 7th?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I actually just mentioned that I would love a Yellow remake with the Sevii Islands. I think having them in HG/SS would've been pretty great. It would be awesome to see what the become three years later, especially considering that they truly made HG/SS a sequel to FR/LG through the events that happened at the Sevii Islands (Rocket Warehouse on Five Island anyone?) where who we can only presume is Archer vows to find Giovanni and resurrect Team Rocket.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I was kinda disappointed that the Islands didn't return. Somehow they must've thought they were too insignificant, but personally I just liked having more places to go.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved exploring these places in FireRed and LeafGreen; they were simply great. Though, I wasn't happy nor sad that they didn't make it into HeartGold and SoulSilver; I was actually quite neutral. In original Gold, SIlver, and Crystal, these locations did not exist, so it kind of makes sense to not have them in their remakes, if you ask me. Although they could have added it for additional content and whatnot, it didn't bother me that they had decided not to.

Back