• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone want to rate my team?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    Right, so I'm getting back into Pokemon after not playing for a while and this is the team I decided to use:

Hippowdon

Nature: Careful
    Ability: Sand Force
    Movelist: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Revenge, Earthquake

Jolteon

Nature: Lax
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Movelist: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Pin Missile, Double Kick

Arcanine

Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Flash fire
    Movelist: Close Combat, Iron Tail, Wild Charge, Flamethrower

Snorlax

Nature: Impish
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Movelist: Rest, Rollout, Sleep Talk, Brick Break

Blastoise

Nature: Any of the ones that have no effect.
    Ability: Torrent
    Movelist: Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Surf, Brick Break

Vileplume

Nature: Modest
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Movelist: Giga Drain, Venoshock, Stun Spore, Energy Ball

So, is it any good? Anyone got any suggestions to improve it?

Years
  • Well, I don't know how far in-game you are, but this team seems to have good coverage for most of the Gyms (wherever you may be) and the Elite Four, as well. But since you have Ice Beam i'm going to guess that you're already nearing the Elite Four. Jolteon can slam Siebold, Blastoise and Hippowdon are well effective for Malva, and so on and so forth. I don't really have anything else to add.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    I've actually finished the game, I'm probably going to train this team on my Y cart then use it to battle online and in the Battle Maison.

Years
  • Alright, let's see what I can do.

Jolteon
    Thunderbolt is a good STAB for it.
    Shadow Ball is a good way of doing some decent damage to that pesky Gardevoir.
    Double Kick and Pin Missil are pretty bad moves, especially on a special attacker like Jolteon. If you have access to ORAS tutors, you might want to consider Shadow Ball and Signal beam as alternatives. Even T-Wave could be more useful. Jolteon is going to be fragile regardless of nature, If you can I'd suggest switching to Modest if you go with my other suggestions.

Vileplume
    If you are going to run Venoshock, replace Stun Spore with Toxic of at least Poison Powder. It also doesn't need two grass STAB moves. Try this

Vileplume @Poison Barb
    Modest/Calm
    -Toxic
    -Venoshock
    -Energy Ball/Giga Drain/Petal Blizzard
    -Moon Blast/Dazzling Gleam

Other than that I think you're good to go

Back