• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Delete Items from bag and add the same number again

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Hi guys,

I wanted to make a "Rocket Ball" which can catch any pokemon, even trainer's pokemon.
How it works, maruno described well in a topic with die headline "[Question] Need some help regarding Snag Balls."

So I still got that ball, can catch every pokemon. But now there's a problem with rematches.
It looks a bit silly when I steal a pokemon from my rival and in the next battle he has a new one.

I thought, there might be a possibility to set the number of rocketballs in a variable and delete the balls from bag, while battle. and after battle add the same number of deleted balls to the bag again. But if that works I don't know how.

Is something like that or maybe another option possible (e.g. forbid using pokeballs while battle) or is it better to scrap the idea?

Thanks for help!

Regards Hargatio

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Rematches can only get edited if you make them edited within the... The game won't just make the trainer have 1 less Pokémon without you telling it to do so.

I'm pretty sure there is a script around here for retreiving thrown balls, so why don't you edit that to do what you need: Find that here

Linkedy link link

Try searching before asking questions that have already been asked.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Hi Nickalooose,

thank you very much for your quick reply. But actually that's not what I'm looking for.

What I want to do is to disallow the player using pokeballs/rocketballs within a rival's battle.
Because it looks strange when the player catches for example the rival's "Dragonite" and when they meet next time, the rival has a dragonite again. Logically that dragonite must be vanished.

I thought there might be a opportunity to delete the balls before the battle, so that the player isn't able to catch rival's pokemon. And after battle the same number of deleted balls is added again.
So while battling there are no "rocketballs" available

(Beside, your recommended script is a very cool idea, I'll try it out, but it doesn't solve my problem)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Lol, that script is exactly what you want then... Just edit it accordingly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Well, okay I'm sorry but my scripting skills are not so good yet that I can change it to my convenience :(

I don't understand what the script does in detail. The meaning of some lines seems clear but in fact I don't know how to change it that it fits to my request.

btw even if the script section is changed accordingly , doesn't it means that the script concerns to any battle or is it possible to limit it on rival's battles?

Years
You can limit it to anything using a switch, and just make the script to add them back lie in a conditional
Code:
if $game_switches[XX]
do stuff
end

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Ahh I got it, I had a small fallacy, thank you very much guys :)

So, creating a switch and insert your script the pokebattle section and it works fine!

Back