• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Errors Downloading & Running Game

Years
  • Hey! So, if you didn't know, Pokemon Uranium released its third beta yesterday. In addition to running out of bandwidth on all of our hosting sites immediately, people trying to run the game have encountered numerous errors, even before the game can open. I'm wondering if there's any way to work around these so that people can download and play our game without any errors at all.

The most commonly reported bugs are:

-Something in the gamefiles sets off peoples' antivirus. It's a false positive; we think it's because the software publisher is unknown, or that there's something in the game that installs files on people's computers, but in any case, it often prevents people from running the game altogether. Is there any way to remove whatever it is that's triggering the antivirus? (the virus it detects is a TR/Fraud Gen2)

and;

-The game is supposed to automatically install the required fonts the first time the game is launched. However, it gets caught in an infinite loop and the user has to close the program and reopen it to continue playing. Sometimes it doesn't even install the fonts at all and the user has to install them manually. Even then, some players have reported the fonts not showing up at all.

Is there any way we can solve both of these problems so that people can play the game more easily? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    As far as I'm aware, there are only 2 ways to bypass the antivirus picking the .exe up as a virus, the person must be using WindowsME, 97 or something as shocking as that, or the said person needs to designate a folder that the antivirus will not scan, and downloading the file to that folder, that is, if your PC/Laptop doesn't actually have a virus in the first place, if it is the latter, I wouldn't recommend the second option.

I'm pretty sure this has been answer a long long time ago... I think you must create a folder within your install that isn't in your game folder called windows/fonts/(have fonts in here)... Providing that you are installing this game into program files, folder... Otherwise, edit your folder to accommodate.

Years
  • Rather than forcing our players to mess with their antivirus settings, I'd much rather have it so it's not detected as a virus in the first place!

Thanks for the tip on the fonts, we'll try that and see if it works.

Additionally, some people are reporting not being able to launch the game program at all-- the .exe is there, but clicking it does nothing. again, this only seems to affect some people. I thought it might be the antivirus again, but disabling the antivirus doesn't seem to have any effect. Thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Generally, if a person has a newer version of windows, the person must right click the icon and set as "run as administrator".

As for your antivirus problem, you can't do nothing your end I'm afraid, you can't give another computer priorities... As I said, those 2 ways are the only ways I know of, but the only other thing you can do is send all your files to a player using a zip program, 7zip, winrar, things like that, but I wouldn't recommend that one either, if you want your resources kept private, some people are sneaky.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Let's me share a piece of the Troubleshooting section of Read me of my game:
    Troubleshooting section of Read me of my game said:
    Q: Doesn't run on Windows 7/8!
    A: Click on the executable file icon with island icon and go into Properties, in the Compatibility section put at the Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows previous described in this text requirements part.

Q: I can't/get a error when trying to install the fonts!
    A: Make sure you are in Compatibility Mode (see above) and if you have administrator permission on your computer. You can also install the fonts manually copying the files from the Fonts folder inside the Pokémon Island folder to the Fonts folder in Control Panel.

Q: I can't open the game/save. My antivirus detected a threat!
    A: As the game try to load some of own files, some antivirus software interpret this activity as virus, but don't worry, this game won't have a virus. If you have problems with this, just enable this game as exception in your antivirus.

Q: The sounds aren't working!
    A: See if your computer have how to play music, if so go to Control Panel on the Sounds and Audio Devices, click the Advanced button and increase the various volumes types to the sounds work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2014
    It wont run for me at all, and I`ve installed all the fonts, tried every compatibility mode, and even tried in administrator mode, but still the .exe wont launch :/

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
    Years
  • I can't save my game and I just downloaded it now but it keeps on doing it and I avoided to save my game so it not happens again. How do I fix this?

Back