• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Raptor EX opening sequence script?

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
  • I think most of you have played OmegaGroudon's Pokémon Raptor EX before, so you would know what am I asking for.
    OmegaGroudon put in his fangame a well elaborated and non-heavy MB consuming opening sequence by just using events and maps. And I think that is better than using a heavy MB .avi video file that could also fail in resolution changes.

The question is... How to make that possible in Pokémon Essentials? How did OmegaGroudon do that? Did he wrote the script by himself? Could we do the same for our projects? Or could be possible that OmegaGroudon himself share his opening script to us?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • I think most of you have played OmegaGroudon's Pokémon Raptor EX before, so you would know what am I asking for.
    OmegaGroudon put in his fangame a well elaborated and non-heavy MB consuming opening sequence by just using events and maps. And I think that is better than using a heavy MB .avi video file that could also fail in resolution changes.

The question is... How to make that possible in Pokémon Essentials? How did OmegaGroudon do that? Did he wrote the script by himself? Could we do the same for our projects? Or could be possible that OmegaGroudon himself share his opening script to us?

Go for it make then .... Some of use already have these in our games. Like my game LOK has 2 Openings done in Flash, due to the fact i hate eventing maps...

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I've done something similar to this before, it's not a script that can be sent off to someone else. All I did to do the same thing was change the scene call for Scene_Intro and set it to load the map instead. Have a look around to see how the map scene is loaded from the load screen and then try call it from the main script.

Back