• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heya I'd like to get to know you more...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Okay, sorry for that title. It's not a misleading title and later you'll see why.

As of Generation VI we have 721 Pokemon, I believe no one has ever used all 700 Pokemon in a playthrough. Lol While that is actually possible on the metagame field, since you aren't too entitled to stick to your usual team mates. So here's the question.
    Is there a Pokemon that you haven't used before and you'd like to use in the (near) future? (Casual playthrough or competitive)

I have and I'd actually like to use Tauros, Kangaskhan, the Koffing and Muk lines in one of my future playthroughs. Believe it or not, I haven't used any of them in my playthroughs, despite being part of the franchise for 20 years! That is because there are new and perhaps even better options are available as each generation goes by. So how about you? And let us know your reasons!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • This actually something I am trying to undertake! Every run i do now, i try to include 2-3 lines i haven't used yet. Ones i am working towards are Muk's line, Weedle line, Pinsir, Buneary line (crazy since i consider Lopunny one of my favorite Pokemon ever), all of the fossils except Gen 6's and Bergmite line.

The reason for all of these is simply that I have always admired these lines and at one point or another, save Bergmite, attempted to use but grew bored of them or found a better option to use. They all also have decent value for the games and are solid contributors to the team, especially Beedrill, Pinsir and Lopunny with their mega forms now.

Reactions: Sun

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I dont replay generally but do like to breed and battle with new pokemon that take my fancy, mostly in the Maison but also the odd bit of online (game not PS) for fun.

Lately i've done a Murkrow for Eviolite Prankster fun, Azumarill, and now doing a Volcarona.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    This actually something I am trying to undertake! Every run i do now, i try to include 2-3 lines i haven't used yet. Ones i am working towards are Muk's line, Weedle line, Pinsir, Buneary line (crazy since i consider Lopunny one of my favorite Pokemon ever), all of the fossils except Gen 6's and Bergmite line.

The reason for all of these is simply that I have always admired these lines and at one point or another, save Bergmite, attempted to use but grew bored of them or found a better option to use. They all also have decent value for the games and are solid contributors to the team, especially Beedrill, Pinsir and Lopunny with their mega forms now.
    Aside the breed and competitive training in XY, I haven't really used my Pinsir! Lol That Pinsir hasn't even battled competitive despite being trained that way. XD

Lopunny is rather decent in Gen IV games, use her in Pt as the elemental punch tutor is available upon reaching Pastoria. (:

There are so many Pokemon. I swear I won't be able to use 'em all, I'm only at the level of Catch 'em All. Lol

Experimenting for new interest is a good thing, as it creates new kinds of thrills and chemistry, as well as adding freshness to the whole adventure. Incidentally, that's how I discovered my love for Ambipom, Abomasnow, Yanmega, Mr. Mime, Granbull, Steelix and the others! If I stayed to my comfort zone and didn't explore, I could have missed those amazing Pokemon. :')

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Exactly! Exploring new Pokemon has allowed me to find several new favorites, like Froakie line, Hawlucha and Golett! I've come to realize it is silly to not at least try using a Pokemon before dismissing it. Never know what you're missing out on!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Leafeon. It is my second favorite Eeveelution and I've NEVER used it. That design is beautiful and I love the idea of it having Leaf Blade. Oh and Lilligant! God, is that thing cute. I'd love to have it on my team and pet it in Pokemon Amie.

As for a more... off-the-wall choice... Lumineon. Also looks quite pretty. I love that butterfly fish design.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Awww, And here I thought I had made a new friend... ;)

I actually want to get familiar with some dragons. I love dragons, but don't seem to use them that often. Some of the greats like Hydreigon, Garchomp, Dragonite, Goodra, Druddigon, Haxorus, and Dialga/Palkia I have never used before. I think they're great Pokemon too, so I should give them a shot one day!

Now, that's not to say I am completely dragonless, no no no no. I have an amazing team member who is a Kingdra. She's a beast! I also have a Salamence in training.

So someday, I wish to surround myself with dragon-type Pokemon.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Most fire types I haven't used, mostly because I'm really not a huge fan of the Fire-type in itself. D: That, and for some reason, I seem to have this weird aversion for some rock-types as well...I'd go with something like Aerodactyl or Armaldo or any other fossil Pokemon, no problem, but things like Graveler, or Onix/Steelix I tend to stay away from, mostly because of the belief that I'd be absolutely terrible in using them. :P

That being said though, I really think it's high-time to start using the Pokemon that I really haven't been accustomed to using before...this includes things like Omaster, Machamp, Hitmontop, Pokemon like that, y'know? I'm so ridiculously picky with my teams that I realize that I isolate a good chunk of pokes that can potentially be really useful. :x

Talk to Alex (Wiicked3DS), he'll be able to tell you the charm of Fire-type. Or start a mono Fire-type Challenge, which is the easiest method to learn and love Fire-types.

Leafeon. It is my second favorite Eeveelution and I've NEVER used it. That design is beautiful and I love the idea of it having Leaf Blade. Oh and Lilligant! God, is that thing cute. I'd love to have it on my team and pet it in Pokemon Amie.

As for a more... off-the-wall choice... Lumineon. Also looks quite pretty. I love that butterfly fish design.
    The best game to try a Leafeon with is Platinum, as you are allow to return to Eterna Forest as soon as you obtained the Eevee from Bebe with you. (: Lilligant is very helpful for in-game teams, don't let the delicate appearance fool you. She can be unstoppable with the Own Tempo and Petal Dance combo, or the Chlorophyll Solarbeam and Synthesis isn't too bad either. (:

Awww, And here I thought I had made a new friend... ;)

I actually want to get familiar with some dragons. I love dragons, but don't seem to use them that often. Some of the greats like Hydreigon, Garchomp, Dragonite, Goodra, Druddigon, Haxorus, and Dialga/Palkia I have never used before. I think they're great Pokemon too, so I should give them a shot one day!

Now, that's not to say I am completely dragonless, no no no no. I have an amazing team member who is a Kingdra. She's a beast! I also have a Salamence in training.

So someday, I wish to surround myself with dragon-type Pokemon.

You can form that team of Dragon in XY with the obvious exception of Dialga and Palkia.

Salamence won't disappoint you, as a Bagon it might need a bit of push. The pseudo legendary Pokemon show their true powers upon reaching their final evolutionary stages. (':

Feel free to send me a PM for a convo.

Years
  • This is amazing idea of a thread =D

Okay for me, It would be any pokemon that isn't considered main stream in terms of anime and manga and from team building theories.

If I have to choose a pokemon I haven't used, it would be blissy. I have never used or ever caught chansey let alone blissy.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I need to use Clefable for balance reasons and I love to use Roserade. Great Sp. Def wall

Clefable - while not part of any Gen VI regional dex, she is helpful in any Gen VI playthrough. But it has to have the right Nature and Ability! Clefable is still useful in other generations, but there Normal-type doesn't have much of an offensive advantage though.

This is amazing idea of a thread =D

Okay for me, It would be any pokemon that isn't considered main stream in terms of anime and manga and from team building theories.

If I have to choose a pokemon I haven't used, it would be blissy. I have never used or ever caught chansey let alone blissy.
    Sinnoh games are the best games to try the Happiny line. While Normal-type isn't that good, it has access to Serene Grace or Natural Cure. The former Ability is leaning to the offensive side and Natural Cure suits a supportive Chansey. (:

Try Mawile in Gen IV/V, her access to Iron Head and Intimidate makes her... intimidating.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There are definitely a lot, with one being Bouffalant. Competitively, it might not be the greatest, but I'd like to use it in-game at least once; Bouffalant's got a pretty intimidating look.

Years
  • I used to never give Eeveelutions a chance, that was until I used Sylveon in X. I wanted to use a Fairy-type to see how the type performed and my Sylveon was like an unstoppable force, and it's quite the beast Eeveelution competitively as well with Pixilate Hyper Voice and useful support moves. If I was to ever recommend the best Eeveelutions to use in 6th Gen, Sylveon would be top of the list, and all you need is just Charm/Baby-Doll Eyes and Pokemon Amie investment to get the Eevee to evolve.

In OR/AS I found Gardevoir much more easier to use than in the original Hoenn games. I also never gave Altaria much of a chance... until its Mega did so well in Alpha Sapphire it was the MVP of my playthrough.

I was also surprised at how good Sigilyph was when I played Black 2. Useful abilities, and balanced stats make it a versatile team member.

There are definitely a lot, with one being Bouffalant. Competitively, it might not be the greatest, but I'd like to use it in-game at least once; Bouffalant's got a pretty intimidating look.

I do agree. It's very beast with its signature move Head Charge, which hits even harder with the Reckless ability. It also gets useful coverage moves like Earthquake, Poison Jab, Megahorn and Wild Charge for dealing with a lot of opponents. The main downside is it's slow, but decent defenses and the beastly Attack stat is really all the afro buffalo needs.

Last edited:
    Back