• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Legendaries

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There were many legendaries introduced in X and Y, and of them all, which do we feel stood out to us the most? Have we used any of them in-game before?

pkmin3033

I used Xerneas in my first playthrough of X, but that was mostly because I wanted to play around with a Fairy-type. I liked the design for its distinct Princess Mononoke feel from the moment I saw it, but I wasn't as excited for it as I was for the fourth gen titles.

I'm playing Y right now and I probably will use Yveltal. It has a very nice design - almost like a sports car, haha - although, again, I find it to be quite underwhelming as a mascot when compared to past mascots.

None of the Legendaries of the sixth gen have really stood out to me as being truly exceptional, though. For all of its hype in the anime Zygarde has been massively underwhelming thus far - unless it gets expanded upon in Sun and Moon, anyway - and neither Hoopa nor Diancie rank very highly amongst my favourite "secret" event Legendaries.

Volcanion's typing I find interesting, and I will probably wait until I watch the movie and actually get my hands on one in-game before I pass judgement on it, but again, its design...meh. I just can't bring myself to really care all that much about it.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • Zygarde.

This bad boy is like the most mysterious legendary (Deoxys? Nah). It is maybe the mascot of Pokemon Sun and Moon. I would choose Xerneas tbh because it is competitive and its design is pure beautiful.

Years
  • I really love Xerneas, with its majestic appearance and having one of the most beautiful-looking moves with Geomancy, with a powerful buff to its speed and special stats. I also love Diancie, thanks to its cute appearance and having a Mega.

Years
  • Xerneas was by far a favorite. It's so elegant and angel-like which are really big qualities to me and can easily put a Pokémon onto my favorites list. I loved it in the Diancie movie and the battle theme/stage was awesome-looking.

tumblr_n9sy69hvOx1tgjlm2o2_500.gif

Very pretty!

Yveltal was another legend I adored though, and I usually don't like the darker Pokémon.. but something about it pulled me in instantly. X and Y really did have some of the best legends.

Can't forget Hoopa confined either for cuteness haha.

Back