• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Restarting [Advice Wanted!]

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Just joined the community, first thread/post.

I have all of the games through Black/White 1 and I'm trying to think of a good strategy on how to get caught up and current with event pokemon, legendaries, shinys, etc.

Is there a way to go after some of these pokemon that were previously given out? Are they breedable? If so, is it as simple as finding someone who has them?

I'm nearly finished with Soul Silver and I completed Diamond in the last week to get my start....any advice would be appreciated!

Years
  • Sadly, no, because Wi-Fi has been shut down for the DS games. If you want event Pokémon, you're gonna have to get them by trading with someone in XY who has them, but they're not gonna be easy to get your hands on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Event Pokemon are only given out for a set amount of time so no look there. You can trade for them though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Sadly, no, because Wi-Fi has been shut down for the DS games. If you want event Pokémon, you're gonna have to get them by trading with someone in XY who has them, but they're not gonna be easy to get your hands on.

Any advice on how to at least obtain the in-game legendaries more quickly? Running through each game is obviously an option, but are there events similar to the tower at the end of HG/SS that allow you to see multiple legendaries or starters in a single game?

Sorry for the rather basic questions, I just want to catch up! I know it's a process though.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    No, the tower that unlocks one of Kyogre/Groudon, then Rayquaza is pretty much a one-off. There was a movie Regigigas that unlocked the Regi trio in Platinum...
    If you have Gen III games you could catch 6 Pokemon, migrate your starter, repeat. So in around an hour (if migrating to HgSs) you could have all of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sadly, no, because Wi-Fi has been shut down for the DS games. If you want event Pokémon, you're gonna have to get them by trading with someone in XY who has them, but they're not gonna be easy to get your hands on.

Are you sure that event Pokémon are trade-able? They usually come with some ribbon (forgot its name), which, if I'm not mistaken, prevents you from giving them away to people. I could be wrong, haha.

Years
  • Are you sure that event Pokémon are trade-able? They usually come with some ribbon (forgot its name), which, if I'm not mistaken, prevents you from giving them away to people. I could be wrong, haha.

Really? I just checked my main White 2 game after you mentioned this, and on my Meloetta I saw the Wish Ribbon, which said it "makes your wish come true". And the shiny Palkia (the GameStop event) has a Gift Ribbon to "cherish a special memory". I don't know if either of those are what you mention and would carry over to XY.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    It looks like that I just need to plow through the games and I hope that I make some good progress by the time OR/AS come out! Thanks for the tips everyone, I look forward to being an active member on the site.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Really? I just checked my main White 2 game after you mentioned this, and on my Meloetta I saw the Wish Ribbon, which said it "makes your wish come true". And the shiny Palkia (the GameStop event) has a Gift Ribbon to "cherish a special memory". I don't know if either of those are what you mention and would carry over to XY.

Hmm... those don't ring any bell, sadly. :( I was referring to some other ribbon. I'll try looking and see if I could find its name.

Back