• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Peter Quill's Galactic Gallery

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
  • Welcome to my Gallery, where I turn my ideas and free time into drawings and whatnot. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, mostly to pass time and as a hobby (especially in class gets boring, who doesn't scribble for good measure?) Drawing has always been relaxing and stress-reducing for me, but I never really considered myself good at it. I am really more of a scientist in real life, but I do want to improve with this hobby of mine.

With that said, I made this gallery to get more feedback on my work. Thank you and I hope you enjoy! Critiques are widely appreciated {XD}

Don't expect much though, I am not that good :3c

P.S. : I've only started practicing using SAI (around mid-April), so I'm still a newbie with coloring.
    P.S.S : Beware, some of the images are a bit large. I have a habit of making the resolutions large.

On to the art~

This contains art I've made for April-May 2014

Spoiler:

----
    Miiverse Randomness​

Spoiler:
    I used to draw a lot in Miiverse but I've lost time and motivation to do so. I barely even touch my 3DS now. But I guess I'll do more when I feel like it.​

---
    3DS Game Notes​

Spoiler:
    I liked to use the Game Notes of the 3DS a lot for doodling (since I don't have a pen tab. This drawings are a bit old. Arranged chronologically from left -> right with the top left being the most recent​

Spoiler:

Avatars I've made. I use it in various places around the web. Art work are also by me ovo

Icons
    Spoiler:

*more to follow, will be posting older stuff next time*​

Please do not use any of these without my permission.
    If anyone could help me with layouting this, I'll appreciate it greatly ^^

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I like it! And here you are saying you're not that good. Nonsense I say, nonsense!

I think I like your eyes on the first two best. You're really good with getting them to look shiny and really getting the different color contrasts that go on. These do look professional. My personal favorite is the second one, since I like the proportions and it's just an appealing picture overall.

I do, however, have two critiques. My first one only applies to the chibi pictures, and that is that I find the heads to be a little oversized. It's just personal preference, but the heads are too big for my tastes. My second critique is shading. You did a bit of shading with the second one, part of the reason why it was my favorite, and it adds a lot to the picture. I would recommend giving it a shot with all of your drawings in the future, and they could come out even better.

I'm not much of an artist myself, but everyone has something they can add, so there's mine. I could be way off with my critique, but there's my two cents anyway. Don't feel bad about your art. It sure is nerve-wracking when you post it for the first time, but be more confident with it, because this is really good. Nice work!

Peter Quill

Years
  • I do need to polish up on shading. The only actual shading on the 2nd one is on the clothes, legs, and the bear. I only added more colors to the other parts so it wouldn't look too flat. I think I should practice more on that.
    Coloring the eyes is a lot of fun to me, especially when it gets shiny.
    I do agree with the head being too big (with the 2nd Rogers that is)
    I based the proportions for the first two on Nendoroids, since I am quite fond of those figures.

Thanks a lot for the critique! I shall keep them in mind :)

Peter Quill

Years
  • Continuing some of my WIPs.

Spoiler:

I hope I get the time to finish everything on my list before my vacation ends. Other IRL stuff are taking up my drawing time ; A;. I might start polishing my set of emoticons I made for fun in Paint ovo

Peter Quill

Years
  • I'd drop this in here. Decided to shade Steve. Also putting a higher-res ver. of my current avatar

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I guess I'll post more when I finish the others which are still on-going.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Adorable!

Hahaha, I love your Steve Rogers. It just cracks me up. I honestly think this work as a lot better than you think it is. I mean, you're hitting on all of the essential points that any good anime art it, while still touching on the more "Western" look of American cartooning. My only advice is that you work on aligning bodies to their heads better. You start off with really nicely drawn and shaped heads, but when you do below the shoulders they tend to veer off to the left or the right, making the whole thing look a little awkward. Either way, these are super cute and I'd love love love to see you make an entire chibi rendition of The Avengers some day! :3

Peter Quill

Years
  • Dropping in some more stuff.

I'll probably add more shades but this is complete for now, I think.
    Spoiler:

I've made this one today. Star-Lord (Peter Quill) from Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Spoiler:

Also dropping in something I found in my sketchpad. I've never posted any of my works on paper yet so here's one.

Spoiler:

I'll like to hear more from you people ovo

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • like i said before, i love your artwork. i love how you have a unique style so that anyone can recognize that it's your artwork.
    i like the use of different textures in your drawings, makes it very unique.
    i would work on using an outline that either blends in with the picture or very light. sometimes having a dark outline or a black outline takes away from the image.
    can't wait to see more.

Peter Quill

Years
  • I had an art trade for a friend and drew Zero (from Megaman) for her
    Spoiler:

Also trying out a new artstyle :)
    Spoiler:

Not sure which eyes to use though for that one

Peter Quill

Years
  • Updating my thread with a before and after thing.
    I love this character a lot so here it is

Before
    Spoiler:

After
    Spoiler:

I've decided to use the new style I am working on. It turned out well, I think.
    I used an action figure as reference for the clothing details.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    These are super adorable, especially the recolor of Steve! I love how clean your lines are, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more adorable chibis in this thread. :3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Wow, the second version of that character turned out amazing! I liked your old style a lot, but the detail of the second one really looks incredible. I definitely hope you develop it a little more and really use it as your own. :)

Peter Quill

Years
  • I haven't been doing art stuff lately but here's something small I made in the Miiverse today.

zlCfzSAI0D0x9JiICQ

Because Hoenn confirmed.

EDIT:

Made another one, here's Vivillon.
    (with a pattern I made oAo)

zlCfzSAJe7E3TAmN2p

EDIT 2:

Yay!
    zlCfzSAJ4ZU2-xtoqP

Last edited:

Peter Quill

Years
  • Since I can't really fall asleep after reading The Fault in Our Stars (it hurts), I've decided to color the Peter Quill drawing I made! I am pretty satisfied with what I did.

I did some shading (which I am not really good at) and added textures.

No Textures
    Spoiler:

With Textures
    Spoiler:

I personally prefer the textured one >w<

Tell me what you think. :D

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Oh my god.

Your art is so cute!! No really!
    Beautiful lines, adorable chibis, and I love the textures that you add!

Textures always add a sort of 'feel' to the areas you decide to put them, and this is no exception. I may or may not have extended my hand toward the screen at times just because I wanted to feel what those textures would be like. While at times the texture addition can be just the right touch to a picture, I'd advise against using random ones. Try using ones that are relevant to what you're adding them to. You might notice a more positive direction if you do this! Your pictures will look even nicer than they already do! This is namely in relation to your older works, as your most recent chibi seems to have the right idea as far as textures go. :3

Also, I recommend resizing them a bit when you finish so that they aren't so large when you post them to the forum. Or removing empty white space until it sizes nicely around the character will work out awesomely too. It can be a bit hard to truly appreciate your work since we have to scroll around to see the entire picture and can't look at the picture as a whole at one single time.

Great work though! Keep it up! <3

Peter Quill

Years
  • Since I haven't posted much of my older work , I've decided to post there here as an update (I've only posted chibis and I want to see what you think about the my work on other mediums).

Traced one of my old sketches on SAI. This will be familiar to those who've seen my stuff in the old Critique Thread (back when I had no gallery). Alexial might remember this ovo
    I'll probably edit this one though, I really like this Sylveon-inspired girl xD
    Spoiler:

Original Sketch (2013):
    Spoiler:

-------

Here's some stuff I made on Art Academy: First Semester (it's the DSiWare that I got for free >w<)
    Arranged chronologically. I forgot to add eyebrows to that green-haired girl. Poor her.
    Spoiler:

-----

The next ones were drawn 2010-ish. Only look at this if you are curious enough >w<.
    Every artist has to begin somewhere, right? {XD}

Spoiler:

Jump to 2014, I did redraw one of those abominations last March.
    Spoiler:

------
    These are from 2011
    Spoiler:

------
    My White 2 Team! (2012)

Spoiler:

Patchouli Knowledge (2012)
    Spoiler:

------
    2013 stuff (earlier part of that year)

Two random gijinkas
    Spoiler:

I got so bored with my Physics homework that I did this..
    Spoiler:

.. and stopped answering my Chem probset for this.
    Spoiler:

-----
    Look at this one at your own risk. You might laugh at it or hate me (my friends hated me for this XD)
    (latter part of 2013)
    Spoiler:

-----
    OCs! (November 2013)

Spoiler:

-----
    Another team sketch! (My favorites actually) (December 2013)

Spoiler:

-----
    Earlier this year (January - March 2014)

Spoiler:

-----

Thank you for taking the time to look through this spam of stuff (mostly old ones).
    I'd like to think that I at least improved a bit over the years.
    Tell me what you think :D

EDIT:
    PANCHAM! It's based on Pancham's pose on the Oak's segment at the end of one episode.
    Did this for color practice. (I probably need to smoothen out the shading, this was a bit rushed)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Peter Quill

Years
  • I've recently got hooked on making icons (thanks to the icontest ; u; )

Spoiler:

I've also updated my main post with resized versions of my art. It was a bit of a trouble to scroll through so I've decided to do it.

Feel free to critique and tell me what you think!

Peter Quill

Years
  • I decided to continue some of my older works :3c

Spoiler:

I think I'll leave her unshaded for awhile. The original sketch for this is on my archive post {XD}

Peter Quill

Years
  • Updates!

Golden Thief Bug (or cockroach irl) Girl, whatever name you prefer

Spoiler:

I also drew myself in Adventure Time's art style. I think it fits well enough.

Spoiler:

Tell me what you think! Will prolly resize my other art and update the main post next time >w<

Back