• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] What graphics style do you prefer?

Which tileset do you prefer?

• Classic GSC Style (first picture)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Kiedisticelixer's Tile Extension (second picture)

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Hello, I'm making a game using Pokemon Essentials GS. I wanted your opinion on which graphics style I should use.

The choices are:
    bae03e6945.png

c2f02e0a35.png

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I prefer the colors in the second image. The default GSC graphics look a little too bright. However, assuming your game has a clock system, the second image looks a little dark if that's supposed to be daytime. That looks more like an evening version.

If you can, I'd go with the second color scheme and try and lighten some of the tiles a little bit.

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
    Years
  • The second one feels more easy on the eyes to me. But this is from someone who did not play the original Gold and Silver games, so others will probably think differently.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    I prefer the second one, the first one is too saturated.

Last edited:
    Back