• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Dome and Helix Fossil?

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Did you end up using these Pokemon to assist you in beating the Elite 4? Or did you figure it was too late into the game to really use them and ended up just getting them for the Dex Entry?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
well it didn't show me good attraction to take in team. I use it only to take my Pokedex entries up. But if i use it in League maybe maybe it could end up as good enough i don't know excatly. And i don't think they are enough for League. But Accrodile isn't bad though. If i get Accrodile to lvl 80 or something what else i need to make a strong Pokemon ?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
well it didn't show me good attraction to take in team. I use it only to take my Pokedex entries up. But if i use it in League maybe maybe it could end up as good enough i don't know excatly. And i don't think they are enough for League. But Accrodile isn't bad though. If i get Accrodile to lvl 80 or something what else i need to make a strong Pokemon ?

I think you mean Aerodactly! But its not from dome or helix fossil, its an amber that you'll get from the pewter meauseam. Well i chose both randomly in different gameplays, i also use them in leagues!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I got them for my Dex entries. I did use them eventually, but that was after I was finished with the story. Out of the two, my favorite would probably have to be Kabutops. It's got an amazing design, and it's good at battling as well. Omastar is good too, but it's sort of hard to utilize.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
I chose the Helix fossil, because I liked Omanyte more. I never used them until after post-game, because it was such a hassle travelling back to Pewter just to revive it. Furthermore, I usually forget that it is inside my bag XD;

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I got them for my Dex entries. I did use them eventually, but that was after I was finished with the story. Out of the two, my favorite would probably have to be Kabutops. It's got an amazing design, and it's good at battling as well. Omastar is good too, but it's sort of hard to utilize.

That's how I felt. I thought Kabutops was an awesome looking Pokemon, I just didn't really wanna spend my time grinding a Kabuto to like level 42 until after the Elite 4.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I also like Kabutops. But never get a chance to get in a entry in My Pokedex as i didn't trained Kabuto. And i also don't hate Omanyte. I just used the fossils for my Dex entry. Like many people do.

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I really like Fossil Pokemon and I chose the Dome Fossil more often than a Helix Fossil. I always was fond of Kabutops for some reason because he...just looks badass ^_^
I also trained an Aerodactyl once, because I like Dragon (or dragon-like) Pokemon in particular. It bugged me however, that in the FR/LG series, there weren't that many nice attacks to teach it, but still he is an awesome Pokemon to battle with imo :)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I really like Fossil Pokemon and I chose the Dome Fossil more often than a Helix Fossil. I always was fond of Kabutops for some reason because he...just looks badass ^_^
I also trained an Aerodactyl once, because I like Dragon (or dragon-like) Pokemon in particular. It bugged me however, that in the FR/LG series, there weren't that many nice attacks to teach it, but still he is an awesome Pokemon to battle with imo :)

Me to i also like Kabutops. I also sometime choose Helix fossil But Dome is my favorite one.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I did trained by kabuto to kabutops one time in leaf green! As it proved usefule against fire types!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I like Omastar over Kabotops as it less weaknesses that Kabutops, I always trained it up to 100 in LG.

What ? 100 lvel always ? woow your amazing. I didn't even trained by Pokemon got from Fossils. My bad and keep the good work up :P

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I never really tried to train any of them exept that one time when my kabuto evolved into kabutops. And the only advantage that makes kabutops better from omastar is has no effect on electric attacks.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I never really tried to train any of them exept that one time when my kabuto evolved into kabutops. And the only advantage that makes kabutops better from omastar is has no effect on electric attacks.

I have problem cause it make my anger out. (Just kidding) Cause it take lot time. But yeah if we want to play good we need to give some time. And after a Pokemon reach lvl 90 it become too hard to train it and lvl its exp up.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I have problem cause it make my anger out. (Just kidding) Cause it take lot time. But yeah if we want to play good we need to give some time. And after a Pokemon reach lvl 90 it become too hard to train it and lvl its exp up.
Yeah the more the pokemon levels up the more exp it reaquires to get to next level.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In the original games, I went with the Helix Fossil because I liked the name better, so by the time we got FRLG, I knew better and almost always went with the Dome Fossil. I prefer the Kabuto line to the Omanyte line by a longshot. But by the time you can revive them, your team is way ahead in terms of level, and you're likely to not want to bother training up this new level 5 recruit. So I've rarely used them on a team, unfortunately.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
And Doom fossil is my favorite. Did anyone used Kabutops to rise it to level 100 like Talli did ? And I also used My kabuto more then 5 or 6 time (I remembered now !) And it didn't show me too much attraction. As it dies too fast (Maybe because it was a low leveled and was a little hard to train as he go faint easily against strong once ) And then maybe i used EXP share to rise its level up.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
And Doom fossil is my favorite. Did anyone used Kabutops to rise it to level 100 like Talli did ? And I also used My kabuto more then 5 or 6 time (I remembered now !) And it didn't show me too much attraction. As it dies too fast (Maybe because it was a low leveled and was a little hard to train as he go faint easily against strong once ) And then maybe i used EXP share to rise its level up.

I trained it to level 88! oh, i stopped using it after i got heracross!

Back