• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Double Emerald

Hackachu

#NiceShirt
Years
  • POKéMON DOUBLE EMERALD VERSION

Just, ya know, using Open Sans since Times New Roman isn't an option...

My name is Hackachu, and this game is Pokémon Double Emerald Version (as seen by the big green text above). The game is pretty much exactly what it sounds like-- all Pokémon have been doubled in level. That's the primary aspect.

Things to see in Beta 1:

• Edited the majority of trainers all the way from the first Rival battle to fighting Steven in Meteor Falls
    • Majority of wild Pokémon are now doubled in level
    • Changed sections of dialogue to meet trainer Pokémon (If a person had a Level 15 Magikarp, and it is now a Level 30 Gyrados, it would go from "Look at my MAGIKARP" to "Look at my GYRADOS")
    • Changed (most) of the rematch Pokémon to double level

Things to be added in future releases:
    • Finish editing the trainer Pokémon that have not been doubled
    • Finish editing the Wild Pokémon that have not been doubled
    • Edit event Pokémon
    • De-capitalize text
    • Bug fixes
    • More obtainable Pokémon
    • Ability to obtain event legendaries
    • Map changes
    I may also add additional things if a large portion of players want them.

Known Bugs
    • As a female, talking to your mom sometimes restarts the game rather than healing your Pokémon (SAVE BEFORE HEALING WITH HER, DON'T RISK IT)
    • Trainers sometimes do not have edited Pokémon

Please report any bugs.

Screenshots (Taken Between Beginning and 2nd Gym):
    Spoiler:

Download Link
    Beta 1.0

How To Patch
    If you don't already know this, here are the steps to apply an IPS patch.
    1. Unzip the folder.
    2. Open Lunar IPS, provided in the folder.
    3. Select "Apply IPS Patch".
    4. Select the patch, provided in the folder.
    5. Select a clean ROM of Pokémon Emerald (USA).
    6. Load that GBA file up in your favorite emulator (I suggest VBA-M) and enjoy!
    7. (Optional) If you are having trouble with saving, make sure you set your Save Type to Flash 128k.

I have completed this. The time shown on my Hall of fame record was 62:43. My beta tester also finished, and the time shown on his Hall of Fame record was 54:31. I would highly recommend using the fast forward function. Unless you have the time and patience, of course.

Thank you for playing. Enjoy this Pokémon hack.

Update coming soon.

Tools Used:
    AdvanceMap 1.92
    Advance Text (For small parts of dialogue)
    Advance Starter
    A-Trainer
    XSE (Small script edits)
    Nightmare (For a few Event battles)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well...this is interesting. Nice concept behind this hack.

Would this also mean that the Zigzagoon you face when saving Prof. Birch is doubled in its level, as well as your starter? Or are they still the same?

Hackachu

#NiceShirt
    Years
  • Well...this is interesting. Nice concept behind this hack.

Would this also mean that the Zigzagoon you face when saving Prof. Birch is doubled in its level, as well as your starter? Or are they still the same?

Zigzagoon is doubled, starters are the same.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • This is going to be one wild difficulty ramp... especially if you plan on doubling the levels of event Pokemon. Do you plan on making every Pokemon, from Gen I to Gen III, available in this, or will it just be the native Hoenn Pokemon? Either of those will still make an interesting grind game :p
    Good luck!

Hackachu

#NiceShirt
    Years
  • This is going to be one wild difficulty ramp... especially if you plan on doubling the levels of event Pokemon. Do you plan on making every Pokemon, from Gen I to Gen III, available in this, or will it just be the native Hoenn Pokemon? Either of those will still make an interesting grind game :p
    Good luck!

Only those native to Hoenn at the moment, though I very well may update this in the future. The game is definitely difficult, and as I mentioned, it does take a very long time to not only grind but also get a team suitable to beat the elite four.

Updates coming soon, thank you for showing interest!

Back