• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A bit of help with trading between RBY and GSC

Years
  • Hi all, I just finally got a link cable for my Gameboy Colors and can FINALLY trade between my gen 1 and gen 2 games. However, it's becoming pretty annoying having to make sure every pokemon with non-compatible moves along with gen 2 exclusives is in the box before initiating the trade. I'm looking to complete the pokedexes in my yellow and gold carts. Does anyone know of a simple and intuitive guide that shows you side by side comparisons of a single pokemon in each generation, i.e. where it's found, what moves it learns, etc? Besides just looking it up and having two windows open, of course. Thanks in advance.

Back