• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't know where exectly put all the .rar's.
    Can someone pls help me?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • mBlSwN4.png

Another day, another update! EBS has underwent multiple changes over the past year, but now I'm happy to announce the "Epic Animation Project" for EBS. As well as fixing up bugs, and further optimizing the system for better performance on a daily basis, the last couple of weeks have been focused on creating a new Animation Player. Around 100 brand new animations have been implemented into the system, giving it a whole new edge to gameplay! The project of recreating all the move animations from the official games is still in its early stages, so it will take a while before the whole thing gets completed. For now the system plays out unique move animations should they exist, and if not it reverts to global animations, that have been predefined to play a certain existing animation depending on the move's information. Type, category, number of opponents hit, and multi-hit properties are all considered in determining which move animation should be played.

Alongside the main focus of this update, which are the new animations, there have been some "quality of life" improvements. New configuration constants have been added to the system, and now you can use the EBUISTYLE constant to configure which type of interface you want to use. Other changes include:

• Various bugfixes and code optimizations
    • Added missing mouse functionality to the Next Gen Fight UI
    • Disabled keyboard input while valid mouse operations are active (for use with Easy Mouse system)
    • Added new resources to "Graphics/Animations", "Graphics/Battlers", "Graphics/Battlebacks", "Audio/SE"
    • Tweaked common animations (fainting and taking damage)
    • Tweaked vector configurations
    • Added new common animations
    • Added Pokeball burst animation
    • Added heavy Pokémon drop-in animation
    • Fixed the Bag UI to make it compatible with whatever Pocket setup you may have
    • Merged the Animations and Math script sections
    • Added support for simple background animations
    • Minor adjustments to the mouse script to help alleviate input glitches [optional]
    • Changed the formatting of Pokemon sprite names in Graphics/Battlers
    • Added per species battle BGM configuration constants (EntryAnimations script)

I'd also like to thank BadSamaritan for providing me with sound effect rips from the Black and White games. It helped with making all of the different animations. If you guys have any resources you'd like to contribute to help expand the system, feel free to drop me a message. Sound effects and battle backgrounds/bases are in short supply, so any contributions would be appreciated.

[Editor's note]
    Rolling out the first wave (alpha) of animations: Guys, these take a crazy long time to make. I can spend up to 4 hours on a single move animation. I'm hand-coding the behaviour of each animation, and I'm hand-making all the graphics required for these animations. There is a lot of work that goes into these. I just want you guys to keep that in mind, before I start getting comments like "ehmagerd why aren't all animations there?" or "when the frick are you going to publish more". This is still a work in progress. I've decided to speed up the release and post an alpha so that I could get eventual feedback and bug reports.

PSvRWLg.png
    DRTMkez.png
    7REw37H.png
    oEQU7Or.png

Download and more info here!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2017
    Hello Luke S.J. I am using the pokemon elite battle system and in your new script o that there is a problem whenever i am battling a pokemon a dialog box comes saying---------------------Script 'EliteBattle_Animations ' line 518: NoMethodError occured.
    undefined method 'getCenter' for#<PokeBattle_Scene:0xcccbf90>
    --------Please try to fix this. Please reply fast. Thanking you------Dark Enterno

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Battlers not appearing in game

Hello,

*This is modified Essentials*

I just upgraded to the latest version of Luka's EBS. Once I did that, my game was unable to detect anything in the Battlers folder. I tried starting a new save and nothing was solved. The Battler sprites just don't show up in things like the Pokedex and I get an error that crashes my game (in the spoiler) when I enter battle:

Spoiler:

All of the necessary Battler sprites are in the folder and named correctly. I'm not sure why this is happening, but it did after I upgraded the EBS.

Guidance is appreciated.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • EBS 4.3 uses a new naming convention for the sprites. When starting the game in Debug mode, you will be prompted to re-index all your old (non-compatible) sprites. If this is not occouring for you a few things could be happening:
    1) You may not have properly updated all required scripts for the system
    2) You may not be running the game in Debug mode
    3) Other scripts may be interfering​
    In case of (3), all you need to do is make sure that all of the EBS scripts are directly above Main, i.e. that all other scripts (excluding Main) are above it. This is very important. Any scripts that change something in the load screen (such as Shiney's BW2 mod or Mej's multiple save files) can overwrite the functionality which EBS requires to automatically re-index the sprites for you.

JokerBen

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    EBS 4.3 uses a new naming convention for the sprites. When starting the game in Debug mode, you will be prompted to re-index all your old (non-compatible) sprites. If this is not occouring for you a few things could be happening:
    1) You may not have properly updated all required scripts for the system
    2) You may not be running the game in Debug mode
    3) Other scripts may be interfering​
    In case of (3), all you need to do is make sure that all of the EBS scripts are directly above Main, i.e. that all other scripts (excluding Main) are above it. This is very important. Any scripts that change something in the load screen (such as Shiney's BW2 mod or Mej's multiple save files) can overwrite the functionality which EBS requires to automatically re-index the sprites for you.

Thank you, I got it fixed. The Battlers show up in battles and in the PokeDex. However, in the PokeDex, they are not animated. Please see the photo:
    866f4d7891ad4e3cbe61f78018150944.png

OFF-TOPIC:
    I also get this error in the spoiler after I a catch wild Pokemon (before taking me to the summary screen):

Spoiler:

Guidance is appreciated.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Thank you, I got it fixed. The Battlers show up in battles and in the PokeDex. However, in the PokeDex, they are not animated. Please see the photo:
    Guidance is appreciated.
    If you're using different plug-ins for the Pokedex, there isn't much I can help you with. If you've updated all the appropriate scripts, this behaviour will not exist in the stock Essentials Pokedex. I can't account for what other people do to other parts of the game though.

That said, you can replace the AnimatedBitmap instances pertaining to the loading of sprites, with AnimatedBitmapWrapper to use the newly formatted sprites. If the sprites don't animate in your Pokedex, again this has nothing to do with EBS, it just means that your Pokedex scenes are missing the necessary updates for the sprites.

JokerBen

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    If you're using different plug-ins for the Pokedex, there isn't much I can help you with. If you've updated all the appropriate scripts, this behaviour will not exist in the stock Essentials Pokedex. I can't account for what other people do to other parts of the game though.

That said, you can replace the AnimatedBitmap instances pertaining to the loading of sprites, with AnimatedBitmapWrapper to use the newly formatted sprites. If the sprites don't animate in your Pokedex, again this has nothing to do with EBS, it just means that your Pokedex scenes are missing the necessary updates for the sprites.

I am not using a modified Pokedex. Also, I am not all that familiar with the process of Animated Bitmaps. Could you please explain it to me?

I do get this error (in spoiler) when I catch a Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

I'm probably annoying you, sorry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2016
    So, quick question about the Gif to PNG Converter. Is there a way to either manipulate the speed of the PNG frames in RPG Maker?

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2017
    Quick question, the positioner doesn't show the battlers of the Pokemon. Is this a bug?

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Hi Luka, I have two questions regarding the latest update:

Is it possible to change the BACKGROUNDSCALAR value with a switch (or any other value that can be changed mid-game)? I'd like to show a different zoom level for each battle.

Is there any way to show the def showabilitymessage on command? I tried using @scene.showabilitycommand(battler,hide) but I must be doing something wrong.

Years
  • luka, the update, the elite battle continues for versions 16.1 and 16.0 and also for 15 and 15.1 and also went to 16.2? and if I convert to PNG is still with the BW style or back to normal essentials? (Sorry I'm using translator)

Niteslayer

Shogun
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Double Partner Battle Error

So i setup my double battle event and when the battle triggers an error comes up...
    This time something about the bars... How can i possibly fix this as it might be possibly graphical....
    here is the error... The file called hp.png is already on the folder... (I'm using elite battle)

here is the script
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers:: POKEMONTRAINER,"Brendan",0) I use the default one...

The error...
    JAmm_U2d.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Hi! I have a problem. When im battling against an important trainer like a gym leader, he appears when he has just 1 pokemon to say something. Well, when he appears, the ps bar fades out so we can see the trainer, but when the trainer leaves the ps bar does not return. Why? How can I fix that? Thanks

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • I'm having an issue with the Intimidate ability, were the animation is playing before the ability panel shows up. Is this normal? If it is, is there a way to change it so that the panel shows before the stat animation happens.

Djaco75

DAJ 775
    Years
  • Hi Guys,

I've been getting this error whenever I battle a trainer. Before I updated to the B/W move animations update, it wasn't happening. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I'm not very good at programming.

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: ArgumentError

PokeBattle_AI:3881:in `>='

PokeBattle_AI:3881:in `pbEnemyShouldWithdrawEx?'

PokeBattle_AI:3846:in `pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?'

PokeBattle_AI:4057:in `pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Scene:2749:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Battle:2783:in `pbCommandPhase_ebs'

PokeBattle_Battle:2778:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2778:in `pbCommandPhase_ebs'

EliteBattle_Battle:373:in `pbCommandPhase'

EliteBattle_Battle:299:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Dean\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
    Years
  • battle backgrounds dont have base. (enemy base/player base) is it going to stay like this or is it going to be fixed? or is there a way to fix it RIGHT NOW?

Mr. James

battle backgrounds dont have base. (enemy base/player base) is it going to stay like this or is it going to be fixed? or is there a way to fix it RIGHT NOW?

You can change it in the Battle script, in the line which says:
    USEBATTLEBASE = false
    change false to true

Last edited:
    Back