• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

question about over world sprites

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
hi there im just starting to try and make a pokemon game. I want to make some over world pokemon encounters, the file image i dwonloaded with the sprites when i load it into my material database and try and insert one the selection box is huge. How do i resize this so that I can select just the one single sprite that I want to use.

thanks for your help

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
hi there im just starting to try and make a pokemon game. I want to make some over world pokemon encounters, the file image i dwonloaded with the sprites when i load it into my material database and try and insert one the selection box is huge. How do i resize this so that I can select just the one single sprite that I want to use.

thanks for your help

People should know by now where to post essentials related questions. In the thread that was made for essentials.
To change the size of the selection box you're going to need to format the image so that it is compatible with RMXP. The system runs on tiles which are 32X32 each in size on the image file, so the best bet is dependent on how big each sprite of the pokemon is you make an adjustment to each block size for example, if the pokemon was in the 64X64 range on it's size you would divide the image up so it would of tile slots of 64X64 in the formation of 4X3.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
sorry for posting in the wrong section, thanks for the reply tho ill give it a try afdter work and see if it works

Back