• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many times have you played them?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So, how many times have you played each of your fourth-generation games? Me--I've played Diamond twice, Pearl once, and Platinum about three to four times. Not sure why I decided to play it this much, but... I guess I was just bored and had nothing better to do, haha. Oh, and I also wanted to get my hands on all starters, so before creating a new save file, I'd always transfer them to some other game (mostly though, it was HeartGold) for safekeeping. :P

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I've owned Diamond 3 times, the first 2 times I traded it away after finishing them.
    I have Diamond, Pearl and Platinum now, all finished except for the Dex, which I'm working on by finishing my Gen III games!

Years
  • I only remember myself playing and finishing Platinum twice. I started Diamond but stopped halfway through, same with Soul Silver.

Years
  • I have played Diamond 3 times as of now. Then I gave it to a friend that never had any of the Sinnoh games. I only played Pearl 2 times, and I regret it. I lost a lot of good Pokemon from my first journey on the game. I sold that game. I can't say that I regret anything because I prefer Platinum more. I played Platinum 2 times as well. My first save was glitched. Whenever I went upstairs in the Pokemon Center, I went through the wall for some reason. My current copy is starting to wear out so I might buy a new copy of it because I just love the game so much. I have played Soul Silver only 1 time. I never restarted it, I actually sold it. Worst decision of my life. That's when I ended up buying Heart Gold a year later. I played through it 2 times. I still have the game right now, and I still didn't finish my 2nd run.

That's quite a long post I have there.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Played SoulSilver two times. Played Platinum on an emulator two times, and two times with the cartridge.

Years
  • I've played 'em far too many times. Pearl is my most played Pokemon game of all time, but I'm still on my original save file... I don't want to get rid of that one. I've played through Diamond a couple of times but Platinum I've played countless times. If I had to guess, right now I'd say I was on my seventh play through.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • I've played Diamond around 4-5 times since I've owned multiple copies and helped my cousin beat his version, Pearl about 6 times, mostly for challenges and one to help a friend beat the Elite Four, and as for Platinum, I'm not too sure. I've played it a bunch of times. A lot more than Diamond and Pearl, and I'm on my 3rd cart of the game since those DS cards are so easy to lose.

I currently only own Platinum and only play it for the use of challenges because of how slow Gen 4 feels for me (with the exception of HG/SS because Johto nostalgia), but I have the cases for all three games. The Pearl case I got from my friend since he knew I had Diamond and Platinum, but no Pearl case since I never owned my own copy of Pearl until I bought one from Gamestop. It's a bit weird, but I'm weird when it comes to what I like collecting :P

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I have played diamond 5 times and soul silver 3 or 4 times. Though now i have to play them both again because i deleted my latest saves and then bank came out :o

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • Got Platinum for my bday a few weeks after it first came out, and I loved it. Unfortunately, I lost that cartridge years ago, so I recently got a new one, and loved it. Then I found my old one, but it was glitched or something, as it froze whenever i started a battle. So I've played it twice, and I intend to play it again some time in the future!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Since Pearl bored me out of my wits, I've only played it to completetion once. I've beaten and restarted HeartGold upwards of ten times though. ^_^

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I think I've played Diamond a good two to three times! It was my first Pokemon game right after Pokemon Gold, so as you can imagine, the graphics, gameplay and the like were out of this world in comparison.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've only ever played my Pokemon Ruby more than once (about three times although I don't think the second time was to completion) since I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to save files.

I'm planning on restarting Soul Silver soon since I've migrated and traded pokemon that I wanted to keep. I have a bunch of eggs on platinum I'm going to trade over to soul silver when I restart it.

Years
  • I finished Diamond once and Platinum once- working on finishing it for second time now ^^ These games take a long time to be finished but they are sure worth playing!

Kotetsu

バンパイア
    Years
  • I've played Diamond twice, Pearl one time, Platinum one time and Soul Silver twice.

Years
  • Diamond two or three times and Platinum once, maybe twice... and that's all. Haven't replayed the fourth gen much at all (similar to fifth).

Am dying to replay Platinum though but I don't have the card anymore so will probably need to buy a new one. sobbss it's still fairly expensive!

Years
  • I completed Diamond once and Platinum three times.

Didn't like Diamond much, but Platinum fixed most of the problems that the former had so I'm satisfied with my experience.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Diamond: Twice
    Pearl: Once
    Platinum: Once but never finished it. (However I hope that changes once GoGo finishes his hack :D (if you count that))

Back