• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your fav and least fav school lesson?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My favorite was always history. I always do well in it and I find it extremely interesting. My least favorite is math. I find it boring and kinda pointless beyond addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication if you're just an average day to day person. Funny enough I'm going for a science major which includes more math than I'd like baww

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Well when I was attending school, I absolutely loved history to be more specific European. Also English Literature as well. I disliked math a lot.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My favorite was definitely music. I took Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble, Pep Band, and Marching Band. They were some of the only classes I looked forward to (well, pep band was after school), and I took pride in my ability to play. Our teacher was amazing and took the band to heights no one even thought possible for our small school. We competed and beat schools that were double, even triple our size, and I'll always look back fondly on those memories.

I always loved French and Maths
    Ew

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • My favorites are English, Sports Medicine, and Spanish, because they're easy subjects for me and usually the most laid back of the bunch. I've always hated any form of mathematics with a passion, though, and history. Although history isn't hard; it's just boring as can be, and often requires more writing than my easily cramped up wrists can handle. Both subjects have literally put me to sleep..

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Come on, not all the numbers get replaced by letters.
    calc.jpg

Close enough

pkmin3033

Back when I was in school - about a decade or so ago now, which is really depressing when I think of it like that - my favourite subject was either English or Art, because they felt the least like lessons. In English we watched Disney movies for an essay about how women in them had been portrayed over the years, and in Art we never did anything except talk.

My least favourite subjects...French and P.E. French I had an awful teacher and I didn't really want to learn a language I was never going to use - I dropped it in Year 9 and never looked back - and I didn't and don't like the idea of being forced to play sports I don't care for in all weather. I conveniently "forgot" my kit at every opportunity. The only exercise I've ever enjoyed is walking and swimming...and benchball, but that was in Primary School. Playing football in the middle of winter in a muddy field is about as fun as having your shins kicked repeatedly...funnily enough, that happened a lot as well.

I never minded Maths; my teacher was great, and some of the work was actually quite interesting. Standard deviation was fun. I went to pieces in my Maths GCSE though, I had to drop my Statistics A-Level after I took a month out of College and couldn't keep up with the work - plus it made nooooo sense to me - and when I had to do Statistics as a part of my undegraduate degree I frequently broke down. It's fun, but only to a point. xD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • There are like 12 number in that sentence...
    I also said, "Close enough", meaning that there are still numbers, but there are also a heck of a lot of letters. Plus, a lot of those numbers are exponents of letters, meaning that they didn't want to write out X(X), so X^2 would be the other option. I guess you could make the argument that the exponents here are all 2x, but they're still exponents.

Also, I only see eight numbers there. Fractions only count as one.

The main point I was trying to make was that the more letters math contains, the less fun it is.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I also said, "Close enough", meaning that there are still numbers, but there are also a heck of a lot of letters. Plus, a lot of those numbers are exponents of letters, meaning that they didn't want to write out X(X), so X^2 would be the other option. I guess you could make the argument that the exponents here are all 2x, but they're still exponents.

Also, I only see eight numbers there. Fractions only count as one.

The main point I was trying to make was that the more letters math contains, the less fun it is.

Haha, I was just making a stupid joke that there are a lot of letters, that's why I called it a sentence. I don't think it worked that well, haha.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • The most engaging and entertaining for me were civics involving debate. I outclass my teachers with that shit, and it's fun showing that.

Art was also great because the teachers were sweet and laid back - we did whatever we wanted and I barely passed but whatever it's downtime :D

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Favourite(s): Chemistry, Biology and English Literature.
    Least favourite: Maths and Physics.

Years
  • calc.jpg

Close enough

And that is the reason why I never got beyond advanced functions in high school. Never bothered to take any sort of calculus or else I probably would have cried the entire semester. Sometimes I do regret not taking the sciences or mathematics mainly because it could've broadened the fields I could choose from, career-wise. And I didn't always hate mathematics, I absolutely loved doing algebra in elementary and middle school but once those functions came in, I wanted to nope my way out.

In terms of favourite, I didn't have any particular affinity for anything more than others. Maybe the social sciences? Though I did quite enjoy biology and earth & space sciences.

Back