• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Priority Problem or Bug?

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
  • Discovered this after playing my BW2 copy again last week

When my Serperior uses a Grass Type move,he outspeeds a FREAKING BLASTOISE.But when he uses his Dragon Pulse move,Blastoise simply beats him with BLIZZARD.I know Blastoise can outspeed lots of Pokemon if its Speed EVs are maxed out but this happening is just confusing.Also not only that I also experience this bug not only on battling on a Blastoise but also on other 'mons too(Examples are Sawk,Scraggy,sometimes a Walrein and etc.).Also I'm very sure that Blastoise didn't have an item that raises its SPEED.

Can everyone explain this?Thanks in advance :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Maybe there was a speed tie? Serperior might have low speed IVs. That's the only way I can think of it happening.

Where are you facing this Blastoise anyway, PWT? If so it might actually be using a speed item and have perfect IVs/max EVs which would possibly equal Serperior which has a bad speed IV and negative speed nature. It's hard to tell without all the information.

Just looked into this, Red's has a choice scarf: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Champions_tournament So that's why you're outsped.

The other Pokémon you've faced are probably just a result of a speed tie.

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
    Years
  • Maybe there was a speed tie? Serperior might have low speed IVs. That's the only way I can think of it happening.

Where are you facing this Blastoise anyway, PWT? If so it might actually be using a speed item and have perfect IVs/max EVs which would possibly equal Serperior which has a bad speed IV and negative speed nature. It's hard to tell without all the information.

Just looked into this, Red's has a choice scarf: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Champions_tournament So that's why you're outsped.

The other Pokémon you've faced are probably just a result of a speed tie.

Thanks for the explanation anyway.Yeah I know Red's has one but this "bug" happened again earlier when I'm trying to finish a Haxorus with Dragon Pulse.Iris' Haxorus just simply outsped my Level 85 Serperior.This "bug" is starting to bother the hell out of me right now.But I think you're right though.Especially the Speed tie.

Back