• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Role Playing Game[GDD]

Which storyline do you like best?

• Medieval Storyline?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Roman Storyline?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
  • I have Removed the roman storyline so the poll is obsolete, you may still vote on what you would think would be a more entertaining game. I have also updated the Medieval storyline and added some cut scene dialog to give people a better feel for the game

*Please Note this is just an idea no actual development has been created for this idea.(I have some 3D models in progress) I will start development on this projects as soon as I have a solid foundation of the story and game play elements. I am posting this here for help with ideas. This community can be very creative and I hope those that are interested help with the storyline development.
    I currently have a team of 2 people me and my friend he is a 3D modeler.

Role Playing Game Design Document

Target platform: PC
    Development Software: Unity game engine
    Developer: Daniel Brookshaw

Start development date: 2/20/2012
    Release date: Unknown

Project budget: $5,000
    Game Title: Unknown
    Game Setting: Medieval
    Game Type: Hack-N-Slash
    Current Progress: 1%
    Developmental phase: Idea.

Game Systems 0%
    Health system: 0%
    Combat system: 0%
    Currency system: 0%
    AI Enemy system: 0%
    Day/Night System: 0%
    Magic System: 0%
    Weapon/Armor System: 0%
    Character Customization system: 0%

Storyline Ideas:
    **Possible Medieval storyline: You're a young boy, a wizard. However you don't know of your hidden powers. You're living in the great castle but you are a servant boy not royalty. You have no parents; they died shortly after your birth. You don't know what happen to them. You have become great friends with the king's son and the only heir to his throne. You have no idea who you really are. For as long as you can remember you have been living with your uncle the personal blacksmith for the king and his knights. Magic is forbidden in the kingdom. So unknown to you is the power you possess. As you grow older strange things start happening to you, your powers start to show. Fearing the king will have you killed if he finds out about your power your uncle explains everything and then starts to help you understand and use your powers. Things in the kingdom have been going smoothly and you have gotten older and your powers have grown quite stronger. Suddenly in the night an old man awakes from your sleep tells you the kingdom is under attack and you must meet him in the armory, he then runs off. When you reach the armory he is nowhere to be found a soldier spots you running inside the armory and starts to chase you. You are cornered and there is no way out, suddenly the old man appears and out of his staff a burst of light strikes the man and he falls to the ground. The old man then says some strange words and a door opens you see a long corridor beyond the door. The old man leads you down the passage to safety. For 8 days you ride until you come to a small village where the old man begins to explain everything.

During the attack (Scene)
    You: *Sleeping*

Old man: *Approaches you* Boy wake up, we must go now.

You: *Wakes up rubs eyes* what? Huh? Who are you? GET OUT! *Loud bang outside*

Old man: There is no time to explain, if you want to live meet me in the armory in 5 minutes.

You: Wait what's going on? Where are you going?

Old man: *Leaves in a hurry*

(Outside more loud bangs and screaming)

You: rush to the window to see what's going on on.* You see houses on fire women and men running from soldiers with weapons. It's complete chaos. You then leave your room and proceed to the armory in hope to find more answers. *

**This begins the game. **(You leave the room after grabbing some things you can carry in your inventory and proceed out your room around the corner down the hall to the armory.)
    At the armory (Scene)
    Soldier: *As your walking into the armory* Hey you! Come here! *Begins to approach you*

You: *Runs into the armory and looks for a place to hide.*

Soldier: *Stands in the doorway looks at you and smiles* Haha, I've got you now!

Old man: *In a puff of smoke, appears* Leave the boy alone!

Soldier: *Turns to face the old man* And if I don't?

Old man: We don't have time for this *Points his staff at the soldier and a beam of light shoots from the staff and the soldier hits the floor. Looks at you.* Come on we must leave now! *Turns to face a shield on the wall and says an enchantment a door appears*

(You follow the old man down the long dark corridor)

After the attack in the village(Scene)
    You: Who are you, why have you brought me here? What happened to the kingdom?

Old man: Because *your name* you're the only hope for our future. The king is dead, he army destroyed the only few remaining knights have escaped with the young prince into the forests.

You: How do you know my name? How could the kingdom fall? Only hope for the future? That's impossible I'm just a man servant.

Old man: *Chuckles* we both know there is more to you that meets the eye. You have unimaginable power…

You: How do you know about that! My uncle said no one knew.

Old man: I know more than you could possibly imagine, but never mind that now you need some sleep. Tomorrow you start your journey.

You: Journey? To where? Stop speaking in riddles old man!

Old man: Just sleep boy!

You: Ugh... I'm tired anyways…

*Please Note this is just an idea no actual development has been created for this idea.(I have some 3D models in progress) I will start development on this projects as soon as I have a solid foundation of the story and game play elements. I am posting this here for help with ideas. This community can be very creative and I hope those that are interested help with the storyline development. I currently have a team of 2 people me and my friend he is a 3D modeler.

Last edited:
    Back