• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are some of your favorite locations/cities in Unova?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    So without a doubt Unova was a very interesting region, in terms of layout and overall designs of the cities. What area or areas were your favorites?

For me, I really liked Mistralton City because I'm a huge fan of airplanes and air travel. It was really neat to see an airport in the Pokemon world. The city itself is very small, but I think it makes up for it just from the airport.

My favorite route is Route 4. I thought it was very difficult to navigate and was a bit confusing at times. But, this was the first time I met Scraggy, a Pokemon I found to be an absolute boss. I did a lot of grinding on this route early in the game.

So, how about you? What area or areas were your favorite routes and cities?

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • My favourite area of Unova:

Liberty island. While inaccessible in BW unless you had the liberty pass, it was an extra area, which added just a tiny bit more story to the games. Essentially an expansion pack of sorts. Not to mention the Victory pokemon itself lived there, which is just a little bit of a bonus. Tiny bit.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Has to be the bridge before Castelia city. I mean, I was literally amazed at the effort Nintendo put into that route alone-- I remember spending a lot of time just running to and from that bridge haha.

Was totally gonna say the same thing XD The bridge is so great and is one of my favorite spots in all the Pokemon games

Years
  • My favourite City was the Nimbasa City and Castelia City.
    The bridge was amazing and I loved locations like that.
    But I liked the Funfair part of Nimbasa City and im biased because I like the electric type gym leader Elesa.

Years
  • Castelia City and Pinwheel Forrest. There's so much to do in Castelia, and I really like the mapping. The honey gym in BW is fun and the webbed gym in bw2 is a nice variety. I love the logs in the pinwheel forrest, and never knowing when the rangers are going to battle me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    There are so many places to love in Unova that I'm sure I'm going to miss a lot of them in this post.

People already brought up Skyarrow Bridge--it's definitely a defining moment of the game to walk across the bridge and eventually have the Castelia City skyline appear in the distance. Castelia City is also an impressive location, especially for the time it was introduced.

Nimbasa City is another fun place with lots of appealing landmarks; post-game, I found myself there a lot. And Humilau City seems like the kind of place I'd like to visit a lot, with its lovely scenery and access to the beach.

My two favorite locations, though, would have to be Village Bridge and Anville Town. There's not a lot to do there, but that's exactly why I love them. They have such a quaint charm to them, and they're so peaceful. They're the kind of places I would love to live in: Anville Town with the train turntable, and its rather bustling weekends; or Village Bridge, overlooking a peaceful river. Not to mention their in-game music is absolutely stellar.

Quick shout-out to the Strange House for being so unexpectedly scary, though!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Well theres a couple Unova was a really interesting region as far as mapping goes and with the new graphics introduced they really went all out with designing the cities.

Firstly Castelia City is my all time favorite its one of the largest cities in the pokemon world theres so much to do here and many events. In black and white2 you get to even explore the sewers which makes the game seem more realistic, theres also big gigantic beautiful boats in the harbor giant skyscrapers and of coarse Skyarrow Bridhe leading to Castelia which is the most lifelike bridge in the entire pokemon franchise in my opinion.

Nimbasa City is my second favroite place in Unova as it is home to one of my favorite gym leaders. Firstly there was 2 different gyms one in the original B/W and another in B2/W2 which is always cool. But what was really cool was the fact that the one was a roller coaster and the other was a runway two types of gyms we never really saw before this gen. Another cool thing in the city was the railway system I loved battling on them. Besides that there was that ferris wheel, I loved that ferris wheel I mean it was so cool right?

Lastly is Join Avenue. Idk about you guys but i found this place so fun to walk through and manage and wow there was just so much to do and to make.

Years
  • I mainly loved the big city areas, like Castelia City and Nimbasa City. Both were often places I kept coming back to.

I also loved the water-based areas, like Undella Town, and especially Humilau City. Having Humilau connected to the Marine Tube made it even more beautiful, especially with all the Water-type Pokemon you can see while you walk by.

In the big picture though, I believe the entire region is great. Every town, city and other landmark is as unique as the others.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I think probably black and white and black 2 and white 2 will probably be remembered for nimbasa city like in most pokemon games It was the largest city in the unova region with the big ferris wheel in the street and with the gym layout where you road around on a rollercoaster before battling elesa

Years
  • I loved Route 6, it was such a cool forest with a river running under bridges and was home to the super cute Deerling. Undella Town was really nice too, I loved the seaside setting and the music was really relaxing. Castellia City is great as well cause there's so much to do and the bridge leading up to it is awesome.

The Oranguru Way

ukulelel
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    The Skyarrow bridge and Castelia City were probably the defining moments for most, and honest to god, they were beautiful.

But the part that stole my heart has to be Village Bridge. Entering in silence and then pasting layer upon layer of music as you talked to the NPCs (although I imagine some didn't have the patience to do this), eventually culminating in a playable and replayable track; that blew me away. The fact that it accompanied the quaint peace of the scene made that a perfect handheld gaming moment for me.

If I could be allowed to express it in words that don't make sense, it was like listening to the memories of an old person.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Has to be Nimbasa City. Lots & lots of interesting things to do around. And of course the Ferris Wheel. Most importantly, the Gym Battle with Elesa, loved the roller coaster ride ^^.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Nimbasa City and Skyarrow bridge were my favorites .
    Nimbasa was very cheerful and a joyous location while Skyarrow looked so darn good .

Imrul Quayes Adnan

The adventure begins from HERE
    Years
  • I think my most favourite city is Castelia. It's just incredible. And Relic Castle is just annoying. And favourite route? I think route 1.xD

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • I really love castelia's atmosphere, looks like there is so much happening at the same time!
    I also find Village Bridge incredibly beautiful but for whatever reason it goes unnoticed most of the time

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Like others said, one of the most iconic moments of these games is arriving to Castelia City, either by boat (BW2) or with the Skyarrow Bridge (BW). The bridge is a fantastic place, and Castelia City is also very interesting, with many things to do.
    One of these is the Royal Unova. Staying on the bridge, as useless as it could be, is awesome - you can pass underneath the Skyarrow Bridge and the Marvelous Bridge during the sunset, while enjoying a great view of Unova.
    Besides that, Accumula Town has always appealed to me; I've always found it a relaxing place. The music is very nice as well, and you can add instruments on top of it.
    Finally, Village Bridge is also a place I like - not only for the music and the atmosphere - but also because of the many things you could do there. And because of that poor girl in a room under the bridge that apparently I kept interrupting. I will never know what song she's singing...

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Castelia City really stood out for me when I played BW for the first time. I found it to be a very beautiful & unique location (:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Village Bridge. To be honest, I liked all the bridges in Unova because of the cool cinematics they each have, but I love Village Bridge because of the music. Talking to each NPC to add to the tune, such a nice feature. Village Bridge also has the restaurant minigame in BW, the girls singing in the secret room under the bridge in B2W2. But the music stole my heart, hands down.

I also like the Strange House, with the library with all the books with creepy stories about Psychic and Ghost types, and how it ties in with the mysterious girl you see on Marvelous Bridge in BW.

And special mentions for the Marine Tube and all the attractions in Nimbasa City, which would probably qualify as my favorite city in Unova.

Back