• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Why is everyone such sore losers?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    So I just got into the TCGO, and I tell ya, it's lots of fun. Especially because I can try out any new deck I make right away, so I can see what its strengths and weaknesses (mostly weaknesses -_-) are right away, and adjust it accordingly.

I have now played maybe 15 ranked battles, and have had much fun doing so, even though I only "won" three battles?
    Why did I put win in quotes you ask? Well, every time it became obvious that I would win, and my opponent had no way out, he/she would just become idle until the game ended, leaving me with a very unsatisfying win. The first and second time I thought it was just a coincidence, but the after the third time I am less inclined to think so. Also, all three times were with different opponents, mind you.

Anyway, I would like to know; why would someone do this? Is it out of spite, or do they hope I will get bored and quit before they are kicked out? Also, does doing so make my winnings smaller? (I have yet to really win a match so I don't know how many coins one get per win, but I'm guessing it's just the one?)
    And finally, are everyone who plays TCGO such sore losers or have I just gotten unlucky with my opponents?

Years
  • It's something that happens in quite a few different online communities, unfortunately. It's happened a fair bit in ranked WiFi battles on Pokemon titles in the past (probably still happens quite frequently now), and in many other online multiplayer games, players drop if the team they're on is losing just so they don't have to be on the losing side of a match. Some people just are poor sports and would rather be known as someone who disconnects rather than taking a loss on their stat sheet.

And then there's still the possibility that someone's deck is just really bad and not giving them anything. Far less likely, though.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Happens to me, you can look at my Guide, on thee first PvP match of the day you get 11 tokens(lose or win)
    And you get 1 or 3 Tokens for winning, not sure.
    By the way, lets be friends on TCGO. I'm called PokemonComplex2 over there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    I just added you, but I also just noticed that my deck suddenly isn't Standard nor Unlimited, and I can't play with it. Wth? It was fine yesterday :/

Nvm it fixed itself O_o

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, I've found that too, it's really frustrating. I mean, half the reason I like to play against people rather than AIs is that people can actually strategize and are much more likely to come from behind. Against an AI, once I've gotten all my big hitters lined up, the match is pretty much finished. Against a person? The one thing I learned - and really fast - was never get cocky. Even when it looks like you're going to win in a turn or two, keep playing as though the game is going to continue on. There have been so many times when I've been about to win, and then suddenly my opponent gets that last card they needed to finish their strategy, and just completely pulls the rug out from under me.

And on the flip side, I don't understand why you wouldn't go down swinging. It's taught me to be a better player overall to just keep going even when my cards are working against me or I'm about to lose. I'm much better at thinking several moves ahead and preparing for all possibilities (*cough*EX's*cough*) early on, and being efficient with my cards, now than when I started playing, and the vast majority of what I learned, I learned from losing (or nearly losing). I wouldn't be nearly as good a player as I am if I just quit when it looked like I wasn't going to win.

(I'm Entaria on TCGO, by the way, if you want to have a few friendly matches)

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • I just added you, but I also just noticed that my deck suddenly isn't Standard nor Unlimited, and I can't play with it. Wth? It was fine yesterday :/

Nvm it fixed itself O_o

Yeah, this glitch happened to me. Restarted it and it fixed itself.

Back