• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What will you always remember about Gen 4?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I personally remember the Starters. Very well designed. I have not seen good starters in a long time.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    • Lots of great Pokemon introduced with great variety, from cute ones to powerful ones and from new baby Pokemon to new evolutionary lines for existing ones.
    • The champion in the Sinnoh region, Cynthia, my most favorite Champion for multiple reasons mostly due to the difficulty and her team.
    • The excellent music. Some argued that it's boring but I personally enjoyed them and there's even different music based on day and night.
    • Almost everything about HG/SS.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    While Gen IV isn't my most favorite, in fact it's one of the least favorite generations. But I have to be fair, the generation has brought a lot of great stuff as well! (:

The return of day/night cycle;
    The introduction of move categories, which affects the whole competitive scene from that point on;
    A lot of legendary (personally not a fan, though I'm aware there are those who appreciate it);
    Evolutionary relatives of the old favorites;
    GSC remakes;
    Interesting plot and perhaps even darker (Platinum);
    New moves that spiced up the competitive scene, like Leaf Storm, Aqua Jet, Flare Blitz.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • - The starters
    - The new evolutions
    - The great story
    - The battles against Cyrus and Volkner
    - Barry was the best rival
    - Great E4 and my 2nd favourite champion

Gen 4 is my favourite gen so far. It's also the gen I got into Pokemon.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Definitely the Pokeathlon, biggest timesink in the games yet.

Years
  • While I didn't like how slow 4th Gen played, it does still hold its memories. Here's what I enjoyed most about the games, particularly Sinnoh.

The starters and other new Pokemon, the environments in Sinnoh, a lot of really dark battles, the Gym Leaders being quite a challenge, and also my fave (at-the-time) female protagonist aka Dawn.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    When I think of Generation 4, I think of Barry being too hyper active and running into me ALL the time.

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • - Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I really liked Barry. He's still my favorite rival/friend.
    - The story which is still the best in a main series pokémon game so far in my opinion.
    - Cynthia. Maybe it was because I was young and didn't know how to play the game that well, but Cynthia was the most challenging champion for me so far. And I like a challenge. Plus, her design is great.
    - I really liked the legendaries.
    - The new evolutions. While Pearl was my first pokémon game so I didn't really know what was new, I really appreciated them after learning about them.
    - Empoleon will always hold a special place in my heart.

So, Sinnoh remakes when?

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    All I remember is that Team Galactic is comprised of a bunch of psychopaths, that Drifloon is dank m3m3z and that my first shiny was a Bidoof.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    The storyline was rather good. It would be interesting if there was a remake of the fourth generation games. Capturing the legendary Pokémon is another thing I'll remember. Even though it gave me a headache and almost make me rage quit (lol) I felt really relieved and happy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    How your Pokemon was able to follow you in HG/SS. I thought that was cool when I was a kid. Red was a monster to beat at the end of the game. :c

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    • Cynthia (my favourite and probably the best Champion)
    • The diverse landscape of Sinnoh
    • The Gym Leaders & Elite Four were a challenge and were quite well designed
    • The evil team was pretty interesting unlike Plasma and Flare
    • The Story was of a good length
    • The graphics were quite nice as well, especially for being the first major Pokemon games for the DS

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • -Cynthia
    -My noob mistakes like wasting a Master Ball on a Golduck
    -That damned Clefable in the two player battle tower (I was playing with my cousin) which would not stop using Minimize. No, we didn't have Swift or Aerial Ace.
    -My cousin beating my Empoleon with another Empoleon by using Earthquake
    -Meeting Giratina for the first time
    -All the global Poekon I got (I think I even got like 1 from Jordan and one from Turkmenistan or something like that)
    -Being able to walk with Pokemon in HG/SS
    -The Battle Frontier
    -Beating Red on Mt. Silver

Years
  • Most of all, I'll remember the atmosphere. Gen 1 was an adventure, Gen 2 was, a mystery of sort, Gen 3 was hyper, and Gen 4 was exactly what I needed after first 3 generations, something really chill and zen, that just keeps you relaxed even at the most tense moments of the gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'll always remember the music of this generation (the Team Galatic themes, the music played at the lakes, Cynthia theme and piano prelude, Old Chateau, the Frontier Brain theme, etc.) as well as the Pokemon (evoultions for older Pokemon, Chatot, Lucario, Garchomp, the starters, the legendaries).

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    I loved the new evolutions of older generation pokémon aswell as the starters. Torterra is still to this day my favourite Pokémon

Back