• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spenceroone3's Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
excuse me can you help me out every time I talk to the person I put a script in a little box appears in the right upper corner then my game freezes help!
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Since it's my birthday, I'll give you some help if you show me the script.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
excuse me can you help me out every time I talk to the person I put a script in a little box appears in the right upper corner then my game freezes help!
That's what happens when you use Pokescript. Geez, if you only knew how many mistakes are in pokescript...This never happened with XSE before.
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Since it's my birthday, I'll give you some help if you show me the script.
No need, just use XSE and "it'll script for you"

Pikmin_7890

Elite Water Master, Demyx
Years
Can you make a tut on how to make other characters leave the room? Or maybe a tut on editing a trainer's script? Or a tut on making you follow the character somewhere(like you do when you meet wally in emerald)? Or a tut where the character takes care of your pokemon like a daycare.

Can you make a "Movement Script" where you move backwards?

Oh, and I have a problem. I can only get one person to have the "give Item" or "Give Pokemon" scripts. Everyone else with these scripts won't speak when I test the game. For example, I made a clefairy doll give you a masterball and a Ho-oh give you a masterball, but when I test the game, only clefairy gives you the masterball, and vice-versa. HELP, please.

(If you want to see some sprites I made like my Torterra, just e-mail me at [email protected] )

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
I've looked back at my tutorial and now I feel like an idiot...
I'm going to go and fix all of it, and do some next bits.

Pikmin:

Making characters dissapear from a room: Just look through my commands list, you find everything you need there.

Move backwards: Again, look through my commands list.

Your giveitem problem: I have a feeling you used setflag 0x200 for both of them. For one of them, have the flag 0x201 and I think it should work fine.

Last edited:

lief981

Don't know what I'm doing here
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
Does this still work on pksv english version?

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
Years
Ok, I'm doing a simple talking script.

Now, it didn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

I did exactly what it said, but when I put the offset in advance map
and talked to the character, it just froze the game.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ok, I'm doing a simple talking script.

Now, it didn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

I did exactly what it said, but when I put the offset in advance map
and talked to the character, it just froze the game.

It maybe some problem with the script. Or did you enter the offset in the "script offset" section on the side-menu when you press on the person?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I'm still not understanding flags. I have a trainer who should leave after I leave the area he's in, and it doesn't work. Like let's say he's flag 0x90. I have:

Spoiler:

What am I doing wrong?

Years
I once did a code and copied your talking script then just edited it with what i wanted. Then when I talked to the guy I put it on, it locked me to him but he wouldn't talk so the game was stuck.

oh and i'd like it if you put a tutorial for trainer scripts in this forum

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Script

#org $Wildbattle
lock
faceplayer
cry 5
message $mewcry
$mewcry 1 = Mew: Lalalala!
boxset 6
checkflag 0x500
if 0x1 goto $Wildbattle
release
end

#org $Wildbattle
lock
wildbattle 151 30 0
release
setflag 0x500
#raw 53
fadescreen 0
end

has this script been fixed yet?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
#org $Wildbattle
lock
faceplayer
cry 5
message $mewcry
$mewcry 1 = Mew: Lalalala!
boxset 6
checkflag 0x500
if 0x1 goto $Wildbattle
release
end

#org $Wildbattle
lock
wildbattle 151 30 0
release
setflag 0x500
#raw 53
fadescreen 0
end

has this script been fixed yet?
No it hasn't. You should read 4the's tutorial.

i have a question about the Unknown: 03 00
Var Number: 50 40

i were to give my character 4 steps instead of three would i have Unknown: 04 00?
No of course not. The same "var no." and "unknown" applies for every movement script, not matter how many the steps.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
I tryed to insert a script into the game,pokescript came up with this:

firehero7767337623-iaza.gif

Years
I tryed to insert a script into the game,pokescript came up with this:

firehero7767337623-iaza.gif

See the 'invalid commands' that are being returned. That means that these commands are not listed in the database, and since they're extremely common commands that are used in almost every scripting tool, you're missing the pkmadv files. Download them and place them in the folder in which pokescript is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back