• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] A drawing a day keeps the Doctor away.

Years
Alright so I haven't really drawn in a while so I thought it'd be fun to do a "draw something every day" thing to get myself drawing and to hopefully improve. I plan to draw at least one thing (some days maybe a simple doodle some days maybe a lot more) for every day in July. If I find myself wanting to, I'll continue after then! I'm not going into drawing these with any sort of plan and the titles are basically the first things that pop into my head!

So, I already have the first three done as per A & D rules. Please critique and comment etc etc!

Day 1:
Spoiler:

Day 2:
Spoiler:

Day 3:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
How did I miss this thread? Welcome back btw!

Your creatures are definitely interesting. Are they meant to be fakemon? I see a lot of Chinese-esque influence in some of your forms and shapes. And almost a bit of a Majora's Mask type style hidden in there too. Maybe in the way they seem to be so pattern heavy. I like the complex, paisley designs you have throughout the pieces, it makes them fun and interesting to look at. Every time I see something new, and I appreciate that. :)

I hope you kept up on drawing every day! But don't get discouraged if you didn't. I actually like claim to be an artist and make a meager living from it and I don't even draw every day. :x

Years
How did I miss this thread? Welcome back btw!

Your creatures are definitely interesting. Are they meant to be fakemon? I see a lot of Chinese-esque influence in some of your forms and shapes. And almost a bit of a Majora's Mask type style hidden in there too. Maybe in the way they seem to be so pattern heavy. I like the complex, paisley designs you have throughout the pieces, it makes them fun and interesting to look at. Every time I see something new, and I appreciate that. :)

I hope you kept up on drawing every day! But don't get discouraged if you didn't. I actually like claim to be an artist and make a meager living from it and I don't even draw every day. :x

Thanks Alexial :D

And they aren't meant to be fakemon, they're just whatever I feel like drawing haha. And as for the paisley stuff I like doing a lot of patterns cuz it's relaxing (and it fills space heh). I have been continuing this and have been meaning to upload, but it's an annoying process to get them from paper to computer haha. Though I actually got a tablet and have been doing a bit of that so that'll make the whole thing easier :D

Years
IIRC I'm allowed to double post if I have new stuff right? If not sorry! But yeah here's the last... 12 days XD. Now that I have a tablet to do things I'll probably be uploading closer to a daily schedule. Taking pictures of drawings on paper with my phone and uploading it etc is a hassle.

Day 4:
Spoiler:

Day 5:
Spoiler:

Day 6:
Spoiler:

Day 7:
Spoiler:

If you can't read what it says, it says, "The Cagonppocken (Cat + Dragon + Hippo + Chicken)" and it was made for Aslan :D

Day 8:
Spoiler:

Day 9:
Spoiler:

Day 10:
Spoiler:

Day 11:
Spoiler:

Day 12:
Spoiler:

Day 13:
Spoiler:

Day 14:
Spoiler:

Day 15:
Spoiler:

Not sure what happened to me giving them titles but maybe that'll return maybe not :D I am seeing my drawings head a little bit more towards the doodle side of things but whateva!

Years
Alright here are the next few days! (not including today)

Day 16:
Spoiler:

Alright so for this I used a photo as a reference and just tried something new! Came out okay, though it made me realize once more how annoying eyes are to draw!

Day 17:
Spoiler:

Actually drew something cute! He's named Flufferoo.

Day 18:
Spoiler:

I think I named him blockbert? It was late when I made him.

Years
Wow, these ones actually seem to be improved a lot compared to the drawings before! Especially the lines look a lot cleaner.
The face is good, though I think the right eye (from our point of view) is a bit too big.

Day 17 looks like you drew one half and then mirrored it ...? ;) either that or you are absolutely amazing at drawing perfectly symmetrical

Years
Wow, these ones actually seem to be improved a lot compared to the drawings before! Especially the lines look a lot cleaner.
The face is good, though I think the right eye (from our point of view) is a bit too big.

Day 17 looks like you drew one half and then mirrored it ...? ;) either that or you are absolutely amazing at drawing perfectly symmetrical

Oh yeah that's exactly what I did cuz I wanted it to be symmetrical :D And thank you! I think I've just been getting more used to tablet drawing so that's helped my lines a lot. I definitely agree with the eye being too big but I didn't feel like working on that one anymore haha. Thanks again for the feedback!

Years
Oh yeah that's exactly what I did cuz I wanted it to be symmetrical :D And thank you! I think I've just been getting more used to tablet drawing so that's helped my lines a lot. I definitely agree with the eye being too big but I didn't feel like working on that one anymore haha. Thanks again for the feedback!

Well, nothing wrong with that! It's definitely a great method if you want things to be 100% symmetrical :>
Drawing with a tablet definitely takes practise and time to get used to but you seem to be on a good way!

And btw, about the "didn't feel like working on that anymore":
I completely understand that feeling, especially after spending a lot of time on a certain part of a drawing. One thing that has helped me personally a lot: If you feel that kind of feeling coming up, the kind of "man, I just wanna finish this now, even if it doesn't look like I wanted it to", take a break. Close the programme, put down your pen, step back from your drawing and do something else (maybe just draw something else or do something completely different). Then come back to it when you feel more motivated again.
I get that this might not be perfect advice for everyone, but I feel like I improved a lot once I started doing that. In the end, there was a lot more effort in my drawings and paintings, things looked better also because I took the time to look at references, and I just felt like every single drawing was a little improvement :)

Sorry for the little ... rant, I guess. Hopefully it can help you maybe a little!

Years
And btw, about the "didn't feel like working on that anymore":
I completely understand that feeling, especially after spending a lot of time on a certain part of a drawing. One thing that has helped me personally a lot: If you feel that kind of feeling coming up, the kind of "man, I just wanna finish this now, even if it doesn't look like I wanted it to", take a break. Close the programme, put down your pen, step back from your drawing and do something else (maybe just draw something else or do something completely different). Then come back to it when you feel more motivated again.
I get that this might not be perfect advice for everyone, but I feel like I improved a lot once I started doing that. In the end, there was a lot more effort in my drawings and paintings, things looked better also because I took the time to look at references, and I just felt like every single drawing was a little improvement :)

Sorry for the little ... rant, I guess. Hopefully it can help you maybe a little!

That actually is some pretty solid advice :D I think I've gotten into the habit of trying to do things full swing since a lot of times I've gone back and looked at something after not working on it for a bit and just hated it. But the next time I do feel something is not done, yet I'm kind of done with it at the moment, I'll try and come back to it later!

Years
Alright so it's now August which means my drawing a day challenge thing is over. Which is good cuz I didn't exactly end up drawing something for every day. I ran into computer troubles and general tiredness of making myself do something each day. But overall I think it was fun/a good use of summer time! Here are the rest of my drawings in no particular order:

Spoiler:

If this month had been February, I would have almost done it! Also probably gonna use this gallery just for whatever I do now, so expect more (probably more time invested) pieces in the future!

Back