• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Mega Evolutions, first 3 of many

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Hello PokeFans, monkeylord here

I wish to show you these mega evolutions of my favorite pokemon, the first of many, these are just some of the ideas i have come up with, they are Kabutops, Hydreigon and Galvantula, other ideas i have are Mega Skarmory and Mega Chandelure, let me know what you think of these and weather you want to see those 2 as well, thanks for your time and be gentle with the responses please... lol, thanks for any thoughts

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh wow! I actually really like these a lot. Some recent Mega-Pokemon fan art tends to focus on the most popular of pokemon (Flygon & Milotic, of which I am also guilty), and the overall ideas tend to be extremely similar. These designs of yours are a very refreshing change on this trend.

My only concern is that your Mega Hydreigon sort of just looks like an angry, regular Hydreigon with a third arm, you know? Don't be afraid to really experiment and push the boundaries! I mean, who expected Mega Ampharos to get ultra conditioned hair? Maybe Mega Hydreigon will develop super black hole shooting canons for its head arms? Explore and play with it's design, and make it something completely unique to you!

I'm excited to see what else you post! You're doing great work so far. Good luck! :)

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Mega Kabutops looks fresh! Really love the line work you've got going on. Mega Hydriegon is nice, too, because it's a favourite Pokemon of mine that doesn't really get a lot of time in the spot light.

Mega Galvantula scares me, though. Really realistic looking and I've got the worst arachnophobia.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Ok guys, fairy, i will do what you have said about my Mega Hydreigon, i will make it a bit more... MEGA, i am sorry that i gave you arachnophobia (completely not intended) and i have a few more that i have created, such as Mega Chandelure and Mega Skarmory, and if you want, i could create Mega Evolutions of pokemon you nominate, and i have even been creating my own pokemon from scratch, such as one that is dragon/electric, 2 types that only join together in a legend (zekrom) cant say im lacking in imagination really, but i will make my megas and my other pokemon inventions a bit more... innovative

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    hi once again, fairy, I have redrawn mega hydreigon, its arms are now cannons of dark, and it heads are gone off its arms, it now has one at the end of its tail, would anyone like to leave a request for something to draw, don't hesitate to ask me and I will do my very best, I realise im no expert, but can't blame a man for trying, I can't do any fancy graphics stuff on a computer, I can't even paint very well, but drawing, give me a request... And I will give it my all to fulfill it

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Hey man! Post up that new Mega Hydreigon, I'm itching to see it. The description you gave makes it sound pretty mean looking, in a good way. :)

Great to see that you're willing to take on requests, too! Many people will be stoked to hear about that, lots of requests popping up recently.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Yo, verniathras (sorry if I spelt that wrong) I was going to colour and fineline it first, so you beautiful people can truly see my idea :-D and I feel really happy that you guys like my inventions, makes me smile, would you like to leave a request while im at colouring mega hydreigon, as I say, I have already invented the three at the top, and I have mega chadelure and skarmory, I will upload those with mega hydreigon V2

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    SAY HELLO TO MEGA HYDREIGON AND SKARMORY

Say hello to these 2 lovely designs, once again they are mega evolutions, and once again i have done hydreigon (fairy said that my first try wasnt mega enough) so i did it again, and skarmory, that metal bird that noone mentions, has a mega evolution potential in my mind, and here he is, let me know what you think of it folks

THANK YOU ALL POKEFANS
    Monkeylordanator
    King of the Mankeys...lol

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Don't worry, I just merged your two threads, so all of your art is in one place! Just remember to keep things organized, alright? No need to start a new thread for new art, just post in this one! :)

Anyway, I'm glad you took my advice about Hydreigon, and I'm glad you've expanded your ideas! This time around it looks much more like your vision of a Hydreigon, with all of the assets and characteristics a Mega should have. It's nice to see people creating solid Mega work, and it's clear you're a very enthusiastic to become a better artist! Just remember that it's the journey of art that counts, not the end result. So keep working and keep creating stuff that makes you happy. Since you've graduated our last critique, I recommend putting some effort towards clean line work! Try to make your lines clean, with only a couple of passes, and fully connected at the ends. Make sure you draw lightly at first, then go over those lines to define them. Tight line work is a surefire way of making your art easier on the eyes.

Stick with us, kid, and you just might have a chance. ;) Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Ok fairy, I will do, I will make sure that all my stuff goes here, and I will take your advice and make my creations a bit more... Line tidy... Yea, thanks for the enthusiasm and I will do my very best, thanks for all the help fairy :-D

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Oh, fairy and anyone else seeing this, at some point I will be posting mega Lanturn, this one doesn't look mean or beastly, just a bit more... Electric fish, I will be putting it up on here today or maybe tomorrow

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Just a tip, you can edit your comments to add extra information. Double posting is only allowed when you have a new piece and there are +/- 24 hours between the posts.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Ok, sorry guys, I did say a couple of days ago that I would be uploading the picture of my mega lanturn, I didn't as I was suffering from a headache, not to worry, I will make up for it with mega nidoking, mega haxorus and mega lanturn, so yea, sorry nothing has shown up the Last few days, but I will upload these maybe Friday, they are taking alot of time to draw and timeline as well as colour them, but I am enjoying being here, just need to remember the rules, damn my short memory failings

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    ok guys, do i have an apocalyptic apology to make, or is that an understatment,

sorry i have been completely offline for nearly a month, had personal stuff to sort out, i would upload some pictures now, but i cant get to the scanner, so i return by sayong sorry i have been gone and i hope i can get some pictures up soon

...sorry

Monkeylordanator :(

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    ok guys, do i have an apocalyptic apology to make, or is that an understatment,

sorry i have been completely offline for nearly a month, had personal stuff to sort out, i would upload some pictures now, but i cant get to the scanner, so i return by sayong sorry i have been gone and i hope i can get some pictures up soon

...sorry

Monkeylordanator :(

Aw, don't worry about it. We all have personal things we need to iron out sometimes, and they should always come before PC. You just work on getting yourself better and worry about art later, alright? And we'll always be here to support you when you do.

If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask me. I can put your thread on hold, open it when you return, or anything you want. Otherwise, just post when you can. :)

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    hello all,

im back and i have some information for me
    A user called Luxray hacker contacted me and asked me if i could draw pokemon that already exist with different types, i accepted this, i have only been able to do 4 at this moment in time (apologise for lack of pace Luxray) but i have been autorised to post them on here, and here is one of them, it is poocheyena that is now dragon/electric types, tell me what you think dudes, and sorry i havent posted for so long!

thanks Monkeylordanator
    Kings of the Mankeys lol

Crady

It ain't even bright in here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    M-Kabutops head slightly resembles an owl, I think his legs should be slightly longer and a bit thinner. Everything else is A-Ok :)

My favourite would be the galvantula

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • I think these look outstanding! You should keep up the great work. I particularly really enjoy Hydreigon's design.

Back