• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Simple Command List

Years
  • Hi. So, I've been able to achieve a kind of rudimentary command screen for accepting quests (I'm using Mobius's quests script). However, I think it'd be cool for commands (quests) to come and go as certain game switches are turned on and off. In other words, once the player has progressed far enough in the game, a new quest would be available in the list of commands.

I've tried two methods, method (a) being a very simple list of commands which otherwise works seamlessly, unless I add the if $game_switches[001], which gives me a really sweet syntax error.

The other method (b) works similarly to the pause menu, and allows me to have such conditions, but it's a lot more complicated to get working. Triggering this event just freezes the program until it emergency saves and restarts.

method (a):
    cHjImL1qO.png

method (b):
    cHkLzN8aD.png

These scripts are really disorganized but the important parts are highlighted. All thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back