• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prescription meds vs medical marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
  • There will be no cure for HIV so your argument is invalid.

Attitudes like yours leave everyone in the dark. There will be a cure and you spouting garbage won't change that. Your attitude to also hand out green cards like candy, and spouting as if it can cure/help most ails when it is clearly wrong is ridiculous.

Not to mention the clear depreciation of dopamine levels in those that use the drug, deterioration of short term memory, damage to memory centers, slower reaction times, and a handful of other adverse effects from heavy use of the drug i.e. daily. To say this never happens is to tell me I'm lying and my eyes are lying. I've seen weed heads, met cannabis dealers, and even ran into farmers out here, and you can tell they're minds are travelling the speed of slow.

You're one of those that decries alcohol, prescriptions, life saving prescriptions, and cigarettes because those things can clearly kill you if you have enough of it "but not weed maaaaaaan."

This is a drug for children who piss their way through college, argue with parents, or who don't hold a well paid job. It's not something you'll find successful people doing very often. Not owners of banks, not business owners, and not people that count stocks for a living. Once you grow up, you'll grow out of this. And for crissakes, take a shower.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I really like how you're being so judgmental and thinking your better than me because you don't 'smoke weed'.

Attitudes like yours leave everyone in the dark. There will be a cure and you spouting garbage won't change that. Your attitude to also hand out green cards like candy, and spouting as if it can cure/help most ails when it is clearly wrong is ridiculous.

Who says, you? Medical marijuana helps cancer patients, glaucoma, stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, and so much more. Spouting it isn't used as medication makes you sound uneducated, marijuana has saved people. Some people with back problems used marijuana for their chronic pain and it's helped them drastically, and people who have stress from anxiety is no different.

Not to mention the clear depreciation of dopamine levels in those that use the drug, deterioration of short term memory, damage to memory centers, slower reaction times, and a handful of other adverse effects from heavy use of the drug i.e. daily. To say this never happens is to tell me I'm lying and my eyes are lying. I've seen weed heads, met cannabis dealers, and even ran into farmers out here, and you can tell they're minds are travelling the speed of slow.

So you're saying you're more intelligent and fit than me or a "weed head" since you don't use cannabis? Right, so you're better than all of us. I get it.

You're one of those that decries alcohol, prescriptions, life saving prescriptions, and cigarettes because those things can clearly kill you if you have enough of it "but not weed maaaaaaan."

You got a reliable source proving cannabis can kill you? Because last time I checked you can't overdose. The amount needed to overdose isn't possible to consume. Next

This is a drug for children who piss their way through college, argue with parents, or who don't hold a well paid job. It's not something you'll find successful people doing very often. Not owners of banks, not business owners, and not people that count stocks for a living. Once you grow up, you'll grow out of this. And for crissakes, take a shower.

Jsyk I got 36 college credit hours, I just couldn't afford to keep going and I probably make more than you being a successful sound engineer and I as well hold a job that's paying $15.50 and I'm only 22. That's $500 a week for my job, that doesn't include my money from mixing on the side. So you don't know a damn thing about who weed is for nor do you know me so stop acting like you do.
    And for crissakes I take good care of my hygiene. I don't need someone to tell me to take a shower since I take one everyday. You just wanna find a way to bash someone that smokes marijuana because your against it. That's a pity reason.

Years
  • This is a drug for children who piss their way through college, argue with parents, or who don't hold a well paid job. It's not something you'll find successful people doing very often. Not owners of banks, not business owners, and not people that count stocks for a living. Once you grow up, you'll grow out of this. And for crissakes, take a shower.

This is pretty prejudiced thinking and also not true. Off the top of my head, I'm friends with a biomedical engineer with a Ph.D., a therapist, and a lawyer that are all extremely successful and smoke weed daily. All kinds of people smoke weed. Some are burnouts. Some are brilliant. Most are average people.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2020
    I believe that it is necessary to legalize marijuana for medical purposes.

Years
  • I'm going to close this thread because of its age. I think the potential medical uses of marijuana could make for a great debate here on the forum, but since the politics surrounding the issue have changed significantly since 2014 it would be better to just a make a new thread on the topic if anyone is interested in continuing this discussion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back