• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Original] The Ballad of Reality

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
  • There's nearly 8 billion people on the planet, and most of us think we matter. 1 in 8 billion, unique right? Chances are, 700 of those other seven billion nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred nine other people are just like you. They look like you, they talk like you, they act like you. Don't think you're special because you're 1 in 8 billion. We all feel this need to push ourselves to be famous so people know us and then we know we matter. We all have this idea that we were build for fame and fortune, and then when life takes a dump on us, we don't stop and think, "Hey, that was my fault!", we think "The world is against me." It's all part of the big one upstairs' plan to teach us the lesson of life that we all miss. We're smiling walking down the streets like we have fishhooks in the side of mouths, all the while thinking we matter. I'm the guy that sits and there in the cold by myself, and never does anything for anyone, because in the end I don't matter. I'm 1 in 8 billion. No one knows who I am, and I have no money to my name. Why should I matter? 99% of us are exactly the same. We live in this world together, not apart. No one person matters more than another. We eat each other limb by limb just to show that we matter. We live in our minds, back when we were kids, and we still feel like when we were 10. Someone rewind time, back to before I cared what other people thought. Back before I knew I didn't matter. Ignorance is bliss, and intelligence bliss. So what's the difference? If I know I don't matter, I shouldn't care, but I do care, because I know I don't matter, and if that sounds strange that's because it is. We live in this world, and we do everything we do because we think we matter. People on the other side of the world know us, but as they look threw their tiny glowing screens, all they see is a person on the other end, they don't know or care who you are, as long as you can sing or dance or talk just the way they like. You don't matter. It's your talent that matters, because when someone sees on their tiny glowing screen at night, they don't care who you are they just care about what you can do. If all 8 billion of us could sing the way Sam Smith can, then singing would be obsolete, and no one would care about that talent. It's what you have that others don't that makes you think you matter, but as you sit and think about what the world truly is, and as you look into the cosmos and learn all that you don't know, you'll realize, you don't matter.

Life is just perspective. If you think you matter, you can think that, but in the end, no matter how you look at it, you're wrong. That contradicts the simple fact that life is perspective. So does that make life a contradiction itself? Does life really exist, or is this just a movie that plays through our minds, listening to the timer of life tick-tick away as the reaper comes to claim this movie back for himself? If you have the audacity to think you matter, think about this: Everyone has a life, so yours is nothing special. You can sing, so can everyone else. If you have the audacity to think you matter, look deep into your mind and look back in history and realize that no matter how popular you are, eventually you'll be forgotten, so what was the point in living anyways? Do we just live to die? Do we live to leave a mark on the world that in itself will die, and get rid of all the work we put into it? Is there even a reason to live, when you won't matter?

When it all ends in flames, and your tiny glowing pride dissipates, I hope you see life for what it truly is, and don't waste your time thinking you matter.

I hope you enjoyed it, and don't take it too seriously.

Last edited:
    Back