• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cayo Region

Years

• The Cayo Region

Introduction

Chicken Fingers here! I have made my return to PC with the Cayo region! Hopefully you guys like it!

I wanted to make a region where you don't have to remember 12 million mechanics. I wanted it nice and simple, so that you could enjoy it more and follow the characters and story. You can roleplay through, battle others on Showdown and record it, or even combine the two! You can draw pictures to show off your story on here! Do whatever you want and be creative! Simple notes of your character's adventure is allowed as well.

Cayo is simply a name I remember seeing somewhere a while back and I happened to remember it and like it. I decided to name my region after it. I have had ideas about it and making it into a hack and such, but nothing really set in stone. I took a few different ideas I've had for it and have formed it into this.

As for the region shape and such, I came up with all of that based on the location I chose on the world map. I looked at the area and tried to theorize over why people may settle there in the real world. I formed that into a few different ideas and brought them together.

Now, please note, I am not always the best with writing and with words. I actually would like to use this as a way to improve upon that. The reason why I told you that is so all of you lovely people out there tell me when something is not clear or makes absolutely no sense when you read it. Thank you. :)

I also don't happen to have the best eye. So if anybody would like to help me make a better looking post or have any advice on that area of this, feel free to tell me how ugly it is. :)

Hopefully those last two paragraphs don't scare anybody off! Let's just move on!

Lore

A secluded land, barely explored. Surrounded by deserts, mountains, and powerful water currents. Remaining barren for years, everything changed once explored. Parties came from opposing sides and fought for control. Those from the north, south, and east. As a result, the land of Cayo became ravaged with war. The fighting continued for several decades…

The Pokemon of Cayo were uneasy. Their homeland was invaded and they could no longer stand the damage. This time is referred to as the Lost Era. No authority was anywhere. All of the groups ran amok.

9db00c195206418e5a3e20de138c38af.jpg

A small ragtag group of men and women, coming from each group came together. Exploring the land looking for a solution, they came across a group of Pokemon of equal numbers. This group came together and became known as The Power.

The Power worked against all groups. The 7 humans were able to harmonize with the 7 Pokemon. Before bringing peace to the people, they brought peace to themselves. After understanding love, equality, and life, they learned to help others understand it.

The Power gained followers. Instead of ruling with power, they ruled with understanding and peace. However, there has to be balance. A world without hate and unrest is impossible. For one to obtain complete peace, there must be war and strife. Finally, the Power Era came about.

There was no strength that could compare to The Power. Their abilities were unparallelled. They defeated others with ease. In the end, many lives were lost. However, peace was strung throughout the region and finally balance. The time following is known as the Harmonic Times. Which brings us up to modern day.​

"Everybody knows that there must be chaos in order to have peace. That is a given. What they do not know, is that you do not have to have peace in order to have chaos. You can only obtain peace, one you obtain a balance."

~Unknown

A Simple Overview

The Land of Cayo is a newly formed region and is quickly being more developed. The population is growing fast and is beginning to soar. Many are travelling to Cayo to make money and take advantage of the many opportunities it holds. A land going without interference for thousands of years holds many secrets to be found.

The Cayo League, better known as the Trial of Powers is now forming. Many trainers are now coming to the region to take it on. The Champion of Cayo is looked at as a national leader and many strive to achieve that honor.

Government

The government of Cayo isn't very complicated, but takes a different approach to handling situations and such.

To start, the government is run by a group of 7, namely The Otium. They are a group of 7, due to the numbers of The Power who have left Cayo to travel the world, train, and spread peace. The Otium tends to be made up of either powerful or highly respected trainers and top researchers in the region. Each member is interrogated and has their mind read by the Psychic Corp in the military, in attempts to prevent corruption. However, they are aware that the people need a single person to look up to. Somebody to identify as their leader and worship. The Champion of the region assumes this rule and is currently part of The Otium. He is used as the "speaker" for The Otium. He is the one that announces any ideas, plans, actions, etc.

Each trainer, when they receive a Pokedex and are registered for the league, assume a position in the reserves for Cayo's military. The only exception to this rule is immigrants or visitors, who may still elect to enlist if they wish. This system gives Cayo's military more numbers and provides reinforcements if ever needed in combat. With the league only recently starting, the numbers are low at the moment.

All of the gym leaders are basically generals in the military. They hold authority to direct soldiers in war and are often looked to for their opinions on battle strategies. Gym leaders are highly respected people throughout the region, as they are also heads of authority in their respective cities. They control law enforcement in each individual town.

Cayo obviously has laws. However, they are nothing harsh. Mainly the expected laws or typical rules you would think of. Most of the ideas that people refrain from simply because of self morals.

Most laws are enforced by town and city. The gym leaders attempt to keep everything within their area and handle it from within. Many problems are settled quickly through counseling and talking, as opposed to imprisonment and such. Anything that the gym leaders deem too dangerous to keep or that they believe is above their power to handle, is sent to The Otium at the Pokemon League.

Pokedex

Spoiler:

Going Through Cayo

I want to make this a stress free thing. However, there still has to be guidelines and such.

If you would like to catch a Pokemon, PM me and let me know your character's location and express your wish to catch a Pokemon. I will then respond with the Pokemon that your character can catch. You are not forced to catch it though. You can PM me one of these once every five days.

Battling gym leaders will be handled between the gym leaders and you. You may battle on Showdown, roleplay it, draw pictures, or even just make quick notes of the battle.

i.e.
    Spoiler:

You can use that for any kind of battle. If you were to catch a Pokemon, simply end it with "Dave threw a pokeball and caught Pidgey!"

If your character participates in world events or a personal side quest, I ask that you roleplay it or tell the story as a reporter. Just give more detail than the quick notes!

Please ask me if you have any questions!

Last edited:
    Years

• Locations
    WIP

Just a quick note. The Pokemon listed below each location aren't the only Pokemon found there. Just commonly seen Pokemon there. That's it. Just to help you get more of a feel for the area.

View my cruddy map at your own risk....
    Spoiler:

1. La Villita

La Villita is a quiet town, just north of the Dead Summits. It is home to Professor Poplar's main research facility and is where trainers must come to receive a Pokedex and register for the Trial of Powers. It is currently lightly populated and doesn't seem to be getting much bigger. It is a somewhat rural area, despite the homes being in close vicinity to one another.

Being near a mountain range, La Villita isn't very flat and is very windy. It is almost always chilly, but this allows La Villita to be home to many flying type Pokemon.

La Villita is actually mostly known for being where The Power first came together. The 7 humans met the 7 Pokemon here. Many theorize about what brought them to La Villita and how the Pokemon became so strong on their lonesome in the wild. It is a mystery that many speculate over. Everyone simply agrees that the 7 Pokemon must be a natural phenomenon.

fletchling.png
    fletchinder.png
    gligar.png
    skarmory.png
    machop.png
    tyrogue.png
    dunsparce.png
    nincada.png
    skiddo.png
    teddiursa.png

2. Harwich Port

Harwich Port is one of the two major port cities in Cayo. It is the pinnacle of trade and is where most of the business savvy people go. There tends to be a lot more trouble springing here than in other areas, so The Otium tries to assign a good law enforcer here as a gym leader.

Harwich pulls in a nice sea breeze and the people here are typically busy. It's a busy area with a lot going on and happening. Some people love the atmosphere, others hate it. Believe it or not, the frog trade is very big. For some odd reason, the waters around Cayo are bustling with frogs. Thus, they are captured and sold as battle Pokemon, pets, and even traded illegally as food. One of the biggest problems in Cayo is the endangerment of Froakie and Poliwag. The only Pokemon that may be sold as food are Finneon and Tympole, due to the abundance of them.

tympole.png
    finneon.png
    wailmer.png
    buizel.png
    klefki.png
    togepi.png
    machop.png
    makuhita.png
    gogoat.png
    zorua.png

3. Ames Town

Ames Town is small and in the central area of the region. It is used as the central communication area between the northern cities and the southern cities. As small as it is, Ames Town is key for the survival of the northern towns. Without Ames, water would be difficult to obtain and many more problems would most likely arise. Luckily, Ames officials work to observe the man-made canal that transfers water from Harwich Port.

Ames has a very diverse climate throughout the year. In the winter, it gets rather chilly, due to winds coming up from the south. In the summer, the heat from the desert north comes down and Ames becomes very hot and humid. This climate does make for a good farming season, so many farmers are found in area.

Just recently becoming apparent though, Ames may become much bigger. It has been discovered that many minerals and valuable rocks have been hiding underground and may spell out for some large cash. Nothing has been confirmed yet, so few have been taking their chances to get their hands on some cash rocks.

electrike.png
    slakoth.png
    kecleon.png
    pawniard.png
    elekid.png
    magby.png
    beldum.png
    sableye.png
    bonsly.png
    aron.png

4. Sabetha City

Sabetha City is just south of the Whispering Frontier. It is surprisingly well populated, due to the many Pokemon there that aid in survival. There is also a large amount of construction work done here, so the many trainers that own fighting type Pokemon have a good amount of work. The biggest reason people stay though, is for the harvesting of coal, due to the limited fire Pokemon in the region.

A large downfall of living in Sabetha City is the climate. It is hot and humid year round and it isn't very easy to cool down. Through the Harmonic Times, people built canals to transfer water north to where there was more land and resources. Many of the people down south depend on the coal to stay warm during the winters.

cacnea.png
    cacturne.png
    drilbur.png
    stunfisk.png
    gible.png
    kangaskhan.png
    rhyhorn.png
    elgyem.png
    beldum.png
    tympole.png

tropius.png
    shroomish.png
    trapinch.png
    hippopotas.png

5. Sherburn Village

Sherburn Village has a population of under 300. Why you may ask? That is because only the roughest, toughest, and mentally insane people live here.

The wild Pokemon in the area are extremely powerful. The conditions in Sherburn are crazy. There is minimal available water. If you travel too far in the wrong direction, you may get lost in the Whispering Frontier. Traveling to this village leaves you bound for disaster.

The gym leader here has to be the most physically tough leader in Cayo. The conditions are nearly impossible to live in long term. The only people who can manage to live here and survive are those with the right Pokemon to do it. What's even tougher is keeping your Pokemon alive and making sure they survive along with you.

The wild Pokemon are typically evolved. The Pokemon that take a while to evolve don't survive here. Very rarely will you spot a baby Pokemon here.

flygon.png
    luxray.png
    rhydon.png
    gabite.png
    houndoom.png
    tyranitar.png
    hariyama.png
    drapion.png
    kangaskhan.png

6. Palm Shores

Palm Shores is the second major port city in Cayo. However, the amount of deliveries and trade happening here is much less than Harwich Port. Palm Shores is much more like a vacation area. It is very sunny and always feels nice with a light mountain and sea breeze coming in.

Palm Shores is also a great place for training. It is home to the Palm Falls, which is said to be where The Power trained. Many retired trainers make this area their homes after they finish their careers.

togepi.png
    corphish.png
    skiddo.png
    gogoat.png
    goomy.png
    litleo.png
    froakie.png
    chimchar.png
    treecko.png
    machop.png
    blitzle.png
    hitmonlee.png
    hitmonchan.png
    hitmontop.png

7. South Plainfield

Tucked away in the lower elevated areas in the mountains, South Plainfield is a quiet area. The weather is usually nice, with a pleasant chill. There is a decent amount of people. A little hustle and bustle occurs, but everything can settle down.

Many come to South Plainfield for ore mining. It's an easy job. Companies pay quite a bit of money for it and pay even more if you strike some ore!

Many believe there to be a secret government hideout in this area, but nobody has found proof of anything yet. Some claim to have spotted the champion making weird trips through the mountains, along with other members of the Otium.

aron.png
    bagon.png
    skarmory.png
    gligar.png
    snover.png
    teddiursa.png
    tropius.png
    pawniard.png

8. North Plainfield

North Plainfield is up higher in the mountain than South Plainfield. NPF is built on a large plateau up within the Dead Summits. It is very cold here and there is oftens snow on the ground year round. The snow is essential for the survival of the residents though, providing water that drips down the mountainside.

The way people obtain food here, is from Tauros. Most of their daily lives are based around Tauros. From the skin, to the horns, to the meat. A few people breed the Pokemon, then they herd them up and run them off the side of the mountain. While sounding cruel, you have to do what you have to survive.

Many people lived up in North Plainfield during the war. It was a safe zone, away from the conflict. The people here are a bit more passive and tend to be more conservative compared to the rest of the region.

snover.png
    abomasnow.png
    tauros.png
    tauros.png
    tauros.png
    skarmory.png
    vullaby.png
    mandibuzz.png
    ursaring.png
    gligar.png

9. The Powers - Pokemon League

A. Fighter's Tower
    B. The Fire Springs
    C. Palm Falls
    D. The Circle of Trust [Closed off to public]
    E. The Dead Summits
    F. The Whispering Frontier

Last edited:
    Years

• Characters

https://tlk.io/cayo

That's a chat website we'll be using. It's really easy to use and stuff. If you are part of the region, I definitely recommend you use it. If you aren't part of the region, I say you should still come in and chat. :)

Sign-Up Sheet

Everything that is "*" is required.

*Name: First and last is fine
    *Age: Trainers are required to be 13+ - Citizens only have to be 5+ (I dunno how you use a character younger than 5)
    *Role: Citizen/Trainer/Otium Member (put whatever you think should belong here - basically what your character will be in Cayo)
    Trainer Class Ace Trainer, Fisher, Gym Leader, Bird Catcher, etc.
    Location: Where is your character currently at and where are they from?
    Pokemon: Make sure to check the banned Pokemon list. Avoid making your team too "OP". If it is, I will suggest changing it.
    Additional Info: Include history, appearance, personality, etc. Whatever you'd like!

Trainers
    You may make as many trainers as you like.

Broderick "Brody" Bruch - Chicken Fingers
    Samuel Reyes - Draskk
    Melissa Gray - Draskk
    Veruco Damon - vsich4

Gym Leaders and E4
    You can have up to 2 gym leaders or Elite 4 member. (you can only have 1 Elite 4 member and it counts as a gym leader)

E4

Champion: Broderick "Brody" Bruch - Chicken Fingers

The Otium
    You may have up to two members of the Otium.

1. Broderick "Brody" Bruch - Chicken Fingers
    2. Professor Bradley Poplar - Chicken Fingers

Citizens
    You may have as many citizens as you would like.

Professor Poplar - Chicken Fingers
    Brooklyn Dare - Chicken Fingers

Organizations

The Otium
    The Trial of Powers

Banned Pokemon

tyrunt.png
    tyrantrum.png
    amaura.png
    aurorus.png
    poliwrath.png
    gallade.png
    lucario.png
    hoopa.png
    zygarde.png
    terrakion.png
    virizion.png
    cobalion.png
    keldeo.png

These Pokemon are only banned for the moment. Reasons why will be apparent later. Aside from the legendaries, the other Pokemon will be available later.

Last edited:
    Years

• Most Recent

-The search for gym leaders begins - Applications are being accepted
    -Construction on the Circle of Trust begins
    -The Harmonic Age ends - A new era begins

Oldest

Last edited:
    Years
  • Y'all can sign up and stuff now! If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask!

079.gif
    b023.gif

*Name: Professor Bradley Poplar
    *Role: Citizen - Region's Professor
    Pokemon:
    electivire.png
    machamp.png
    skarmory.png
    frogadier.png

Professor Poplar is a smooth talker and is often a bit ambiguous. He is very sarcastic and acts like he does on purpose. Despite all that, he is very intelligent and formatted the whole Cayo Pokedex. His current studies involve finding more of Cayo's hidden secrets. His goal is to travel the whole region and learn everything there is to learn about it. He is also a member of the Otium.

When on the street, Poplar likes to do silly things and even tricks. However, he can clean up and look very professional when he wants to or needs to.

He owns a large number of Pokemon, but the five seen are the usual Pokemon he's seen with.

trainercard-result

*Name: Broderick "Brody" Bruch
    *Role: Trainer - Cayo's Champion
    Location: From Harwich Port, Brody's home is in Palm Shores but he is more often found at the Pokemon League in a smaller home he owns.

Brody is the league champion and also a member of the Otium. He has a strong spirit and has a special affinity for Pokemon battles. He's held the title of champion for about a year now and nobody, aside from the previous champion, has come close to defeating him yet.

*Name: Brooklyn Dare
    *Role: Reporter
    Trainer Class: Reporter
    Pokemon: Kecleon
    Additional Info: Has a dream of becoming a part of one of the top Reporting agencies in Cayo!

Last edited:
    Years

• National Art Contest

Who? Professor Bradley Poplar
    When? TBD
    Where? The Cayo Region
    What? Design any kind of art, that shows off some aspect of Cayo. It can be the people, places, Pokemon, or even smells! Be creative and use your imagination! Digital art, drawing, CSS, and anything else is acceptable!
    Why? To show off the region's talent and to make the region more known!

Reward? Large cash prize, artwork shown across the region, a trip to the Saan region with Brody Bruch, and a free special Pokemon!

Years
  • Surprised no one posted here yet
    Well thought out region and its simple. Perfect!
    *Name: Samuel Reyes
    *Role: Reformed theif, Rising star
    Trainer Class: Ace trainer
    Location: Raised on the streets of Harwich port, Currently in Harwich Port
    Pokemon: Father's Sableye (Grobb), Father's Buizel (Stream)
    Additional Info: Father, mother, sister are all dead. It was the fire, I couldn't stop it. I was only 7 years old. Dad left me Grobb and Stream for comfort. Mom, she wasn't always, mom. She broke the bottle, the one that started it all. The abuse, arguments, and the fire. One last thing, they found a stone in the wreckage. Dad always gave Grobb that stone, I never knew why. Until the gang took me in.

*Name: Melissa Gray
    *Role: The Courier
    Trainer Class PKMN Trainer
    Pokemon: Abomasnow (Yega) Gliscor (Veng)
    Additional Info: The Gray clan had ancient knowledge passed down through the generations. Unbeknownst to most and it is unknown who provided this (some suspect the Powers). Others however believe it leads to the begining of the Cayo Region itself . Whatever the case, the prophecy is as this.
    One Shall live through fire, famine, and Abuse.
    Be the strongest of Cayo.
    Defend from the Corruption.
    Become our Hero.
    Melissa Gray has found a lead with multiple cases of domestic violence. She also found a house that burned and only a boy survived. His name is Samuel Reyes.

Years

• Both characters look good! I love the idea of the story that you already have set up!

Mega evolution was the one thing that I forgot to mention. Very few people in Cayo have it and it is very difficult to wield in Cayo. Still, I don't mind Samuel having it, given that it's used sparingly.

And I'm assuming that both of them are going through the gym leader challenge? Or are either of them only citizens?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • *Name: Veruco Damon
    *Role: Symbol of Redemption
    Trainer: Veteran Trainer, Former Champion
    Location: Originally from Sherburn Village, Veruco now resides in Palm Shores
    Pokemon:
    rhyperior.png
    hitmonchan.png
    buizel.png
    grovyle.png

goomy.png

Additional Info: Veruco was known far and wide throughout the region, everywhere he went, citizens and trainers knew his name. That is until the current champion Brody defeated him a little over a year ago. Since then, people don't even acknowledge him now. Humiliated by his loss, Veruco settled in Palm Shores to forget about life for awhile and fade into the background but something was bothering him and he couldn't shake it. He had to defeat Brody again. Rejuvenated for his love of battling, Veruco is ready to reclaim his place atop the battling food chain and become champion again. He plans to do this with a brand new team differing from his days as Champion, save for his oldest partner Rhypherior, met as a young injured Rhyhorn in Sherburn Village. He has already begun this task by taking old friends that he stored in the PC system and new friends he met in Palm Shores.
    Veruco is much older and has shades of grey popping up in his brownish-black hair. He has a full grown beard on his face and bright green eyes. Stands about 6'2" and wears simple clothing consisting of white pants, a shirt and blue pull over with just a hole for his head.
    Veruco is very intense and aims to win. He is a passionate individual when it comes to battling and doing it correctly. Loves to help young trainers learn the nuances of battling. Sticks to a strict diet to stay in shape except for the occasional Gummy Panchams and Vanillish ice cream cones.

(Sorry if any typos! Did this sorta fast)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Oops! Should've made that clear. He will retake the gym challenge, only seems fair that he should since he's using different Pokemon than when he was champion. Allows more development and makes it sorta fun for the Champion to have to go through another whole journey to become champion. Lastly, fair to all the other trainers who do have to get the badges.

Back