• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Team

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    Here it is, A BLACK TEAM.

First up,

Jellicent (PENUTBUTER)
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Surf
    Toxic
    Recover
    Shadow Ball
    EVs: 252 SpDef/252 HP/4 Def
    Nature: Calm
    Item: Leftovers

Special Wall, not much to say here. Other than... ITS PENUTBUTER JELLYCENT.

Hydreigon (FLUFFY)
    Ability: Levitate
    Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor
    Dark Pulse
    Focus Blast
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed/4 Def
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Expert Belt

I love my Fluffy and his name is a Harry Potter reference. Special Sweeper

Meinshao (SHIFOO)
    Ability: Regenerator
    Hi Jump Kick
    U-Turn
    Swords Dance
    Stone Edge
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Def
    Nature: Adament
    Item: Life Orb

Shifoo, while having a Kung Fu Panda reference in his nickname, also is a great physical sweeper. Great with life orb because of regenerate.

Volcarona (DANCER)
    Ability: Flame Body
    Quiver Dance
    Fiery Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Hurricaine
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/ 4 Def
    Nature: Timid

Dancer's nickname is the fact that he has quiver dance and fiery dance. He's another special sweeper.

Cofagrigus (DEATH)
    Ability: Mummy
    Toxic
    Calm Mind
    Rest
    Shadow Ball
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/ 4 SpDef
    Nature: Bold
    Item: Leftovers

Death is very bulky with really good IVs I guess. He took four crunch's from a Scraggy. LOVE HIM.

Zoroark No nickname
    Ability: Illusion
    Nasty Plot
    Night Daze
    Substitute
    Flamethrower
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/4 Def
    Nature: Timid

Yeah I know. No nickname. Sorry guys but my creative juices weren't flowing.

Thanks for reading and leave your comments, changes, critiques, and questions below.

FYI: I do NOT own an AR. Every Pokemon that I can't get in-game without events or rare encounters I get from my friend who has beat the game... three times. So if my Zoroark is hacked, (which I don't think he is because I've never seen my friend use and AR) I didn't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Moving this over to the Competitive Team Help sub-forum, since this looks like a team intended for battling other people instead of in-game play. Feel free to ask me to move it back if this is actually meant for in-game play (i.e. playing through the game, battling Gym Leaders and Elite Four, etc.).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree with Wolflare; this looks like a competitive team to me.

Anyway, make Jellicent's EV spread 252 HP/36 Def/220 SDef so that it has a slightly easier time taking physical hits and to prevent Starmie's Psyshock from 2HKOing Jellicent.

Using U-turn wastes away Mienshao's SD boosts by forcing it to switch out. Mienshao is also rather frail, which makes setting up SD somewhat difficult. I'd use Fake Out or Hidden Power (Ice) over that slot, the former for additional scouting and nailing free hits and the latter for dealing with Gliscor more easily.

For Volcarona, outside of Rain, Hurricane is inaccurate. It current set is better off in Rain teams (despite Volcarona's increased Water weakness there, putting Volcarona there allows the team to check Ferrothorn more easily). IMO, I'd use Hidden Power Rock/Ground instead, or if its HP type is neither of those types, Psychic.

Will-o-Wisp is generally a better option on Cofagrigus than Toxic because it lets it set up on physical threats more easily. If Cofagrigus' Hidden Power type is Fighting, definitely use it because Fighting has unresisted coverage with Ghost. When B2/W2 come, you can perhaps squeeze in Pain Split somewhere in the set.

I'd put Mienshao in the last slot of the team so that Zoroark has an easier time setting up Nasty Plot (having Zoroark disguised as Mienshao lures in Psychic Pokemon, who become setup fodder). While Night Daze seems tempting as Zoroark's signature move, sometimes it's not worth using because it has lower accuracy than Dark Pulse, and a miss can be costly. When B2/W2 come, replace it with Dark Pulse.

Back