• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Unova Exploration! [IC]

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Pokémon: Unova Exploration! IC Thread
Rated T​

OCC​

History:

Set in Unova a few years after the Hero from Black 2/White 2 has taken down Team Plasma. In time, the heads of the region, The Elite Four and of course the Champion, who's position is now taken by the Hero, have made the decision, with regret, to make the eight gym leaders redundant. The reason for this being that Team Plasma's 'original' or ' cover' motives from two years before their second uprising, about liberating Pokemon got to the Elites, this made them think. Gym Battles and also League Battles too, the Unova League continued to stand strong though, acting as some sort of government for the region. As the government, the league don't do much, no new laws have been set in place and no previous ones harshly enforced. Marshal has left his place in the league and has left to adventure Kalos alongside Alder. The region is close to breaking point, in the south-east area of the region, protests are not an unusual sight. Lastly, routes and forests around the region are not as safe as they used to be and may contain many possible dangers inside.

The Region:

Many places around Unova have changed since the gyms were shut down. Now gyms are used as battle clubs and even some have become overrun by nature and are now habitats for wild Pokemon. Unova's economy is struggling as the need for Potions and other types of medicines are not needed as much, there is now a lack of tournaments in the region due to a lack in interest to battle Pokemon. As mentioned before, the region is dangerous in some parts, however towns and cities are always a safe place to rest.

Plot:

Very recently the decision to make the Leaders redundant and the disappearance of the Hero took place. You as a new trainer, wake up in your hometown in Unova wherever that may be and your parent answers the door to Professor Cedric Juniper. He bares a few Pokemon in his briefcase and tells you that you have been selected, along with several other trainers, to roam the region with a dream to see the world and become a Pokemon Master. During your adventures around the region, you my find hints to the whereabouts of the Hero, or help someone in need, or even stand up for something you believe in so strongly that you may change the region for the better. Now, go and explore the world of Pokemon, throughout the hard times with friends and the good times! (Sorry, just absolutely had to do that)

Rules:

1. Please read and respect the rules of this thread and the forums.
2. Please, no bunnying without permission
3. Please, keep this and the ICC thread appropriate, don't cross the line with the language or anything else for that matter
4. No leaving Unova, if you wish to catch a Pokemon from another region, just ask, I'm sure we can make that possible
5. No catching legendary Pokemon, you may make encounters though
6. Pokemon can learn a max of four moves at a time
7. You may only travel with six Pokemon at a time, the others will be sent to the PC, you can retrieve them from the PC in Pokemon Centres
8. If you are going to be inactive, please notify me or one of the other RPers
9. If you wish to leave the RP, please just notify me so we can make your space available
10. Have Fun!

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Kio walks down the long path between the Striaton Gym and his home which was recently built far away from there, yet somehow it is still in the vicinity of the city. He sometimes wondered why he had to move, but he didn't really care anymore - it was time for his adventure.

Zorua, recently dubbed Wolfy, walked alongside Kio. It had high spirits, as did Kio. The boy swung his arms in the air, his black paws just peeking in his vision as he swung them back and fro. Hang on... Wasn't Striaton once the first gym? Surely weak trainers would gather there? He let this just hang for the moment. Also, he had no equipment for camping. The weather was always nice, down south so there would be much need for any water proof spray, but a tent would be nice. Wolfy and Kio shared a quick glance before the fox pokémon hopped onto his shoulder and they began to run back to the city.

The money he had received from is Dad was overwhelming, an amount uncountable even though the family weren't rich. With this money he bought 5 pokéballs, a tent, a sleeping bag, and even a sandwich for the two to share. As Kio recently discovered, Wolfy's favorite food was chicken, which makes sense really, who doesn't like chicken except vegetarians, right?

Back on the road once more. He decided to leave the Striaton gym, as there was no challenge their anymore. Just trainers roamed that room now... His destination was Castelia city!

Maxew555

Years
Ryan was waiting for this day, his dad had got tickets for him to see Roxie in concert in the ex-Virbank Gym and to top it all off, he had recived his starter Pokemon, Piggy, his Tepig, a few hours earlier from Professor Cedric Juniper himself, after being one of the winners of a competition to win a starter Pokemon. Ryan and Piggy, newfound friends, already proven perfect for each other, soon arrived at the edge of Aspertia City. At the viewing platform after buying Pokeballs, potions and a little human and Pokemon food, just as a percaution, he also hoped to battle some trainers along the way. The duo soon reached the building that lead through to Route 21, Ryan took a deep breath as he prepared to take his first steps out of his hometown and into the land of Unova.

Last edited:
Years
Lounging on the side somewhere on Route 6, Inari was mixing materials primarily berries into a bowl. After making it through the Chargestone Cave, both she and her Axew Pokemon companion were pretty tired out. She opened a vile of Protiens she had recieved from her Father a couple days previous, and added them to the mix. Axew was in her Pokeball for a moment before Inari released her out into the day light. The little tusked dragon yelped with excitment waving it's hands frantically. "Don't worry, Axie. It's almost done." Inari told her impaitent partner.

Aspireing to be a Pokemon Breeder, Inari, loved to make her own PokeBlock. She researched recipies, and modified them with her own personal touches long before she had actually recieved a Pokemon of Professor Juniper. It was only a batter since she didn't have the means to cook it up, but the paste should at least hinder Axew's hunger. Holding out the stick she had used to mix the ingredients for her Pokemon to taste, Inari giggled a little at her Pokemons sudden burst of energy, when Axew lept into the air, then ran a couple laps around her Trainer, then opening her mouth again in wait.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The sun was beating down on Dallas as he waited for a Zangoose and Seviper on Route 7, in a tree. He had been given a job to get a single picture of a Zangoose and Seviper. Then he had to get a few of them fighting. A magazine about the habits of pokemon had asked him to get them. So far he had gotten about six pictures of a Zangoose and a Seviper, but he had yet to get one with them fighting. He had been out for about a week now and his deadline was approaching fast.

The wind blew as Dallas started to nod off. Then a cry came from about thirty yards away. Dallas jumped from the tree and ran toward the cry.

"Rufflet, come on out!" Dallas called.

From the light, a feathery bird pokemon came out.

"Rufflet, please fly ahead and see where the cries came from." Dallas asked.

The Rufflet nodded and flew ahead. Dallas kept walking fast toward the cries. Rufflet soon returned and cawed. Dallas followed Rufflet. With in a few seconds, Dallas almost went to far. He dropped to the ground and flattened himself and slowly crawled, his camera in front of him. Rufflet landed on a branch not far away watching. When Dallas finally got to the open, there was a group of Zangoose and Seviper fighting.

"Sweet, I didn't expect to find a battle like this." Dallas whispered to himself.

Dallas quickly took a few pics from the ground. He then got up and climbed a tree about thirty feet away and snapped a few aerial photos. The Zangoose and Serviper didn't let up. Dust went up in the air and covered all of them in dust.

"If they keep on, they are going to hurt themselves too much..." Dallas said silently.

Dallas caught a glimpse of some pokemon flying in and he readied his camera. A group of Tranquill flew in and divided the fighting pokemon up. Dallas snapped a few photos of the Tranquill dive bombing the pokemon and them splitting them up.

'Tran tranquill!' The Tranquill called, as the flock landed.

Now all three sides stared each other down. Before they broke up and went different way, Dallas once again took a few photos of the sides looking at one another and then walking away.

"Awesome! Got some very rare photos here! The magazine should be happy. I know I am." Dallas said to his Rufflet that was on a branch beside him in a tree.

'Rufflet' Rufflet cawed taking a stand on Dallas' head.

Dallas jumped down from the tree and found a picnic table that he could sit at. He brought out his laptop that was in a bag on his side. He uploaded the photos wirelessly from his camera and waited.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
"Yes, mom. Yes. No I won't-... Mom!" Osaka said to the phone as she tied her shoes on her grandfather's house's threshold. To her side is a blue shoulder-strapped satchel, packed and ready for the oncoming journey she was about to embark. Currently, she's talking to her mother who is overseas.

"No mom. I'm not really sure if the League here is still paying the trainers... Yes, I received it, so you don't need worry. I just turned seventeen, I can handle myself." The girl said, standing up to check on the parlor. There, sitting in front of the Television is a white-haired girl wearing a Kimono.

The girl's attention is glued to the screen, featuring one of the several shows airing in this region. Around her arms, snugly sleeping is Osaka's first Pokemon, a little ball of fluff called Igglybuff. Satisfied that the two are still occupied, she turned back to her conversation.

"Mom, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself AND Minako... Minako's the girl I told you about. Of course I know her name, I'm the one that gave it to her. Yes, yes I know she's not a Pokemon that I can name, but really, how else would I be able to call her? Don't worry, she'll be like the little sister I never had."

Osaka tapped the tip of her shoes on the wooden floorboards, listening to the voice on the other line, she smiled wryly, before blushing as red as a tomato. "I won'd do that! Mom! P-Please, just put Father on the phone."

The girl sighed, a hand rubbing her face. "... Father? Thanks. What did I say to Mom? She's the one that brought it up! Okay, sorry... Anyway, we're about to leave the house. Yes, I'll keep in touch. There still are Pokemon Centers here you know."

"Okay, okay. I'll call you the next chance I have. Oh wait, tell Zawachii that I'll send her a letter as soon as I can. Yes, that's all. I love you too, bye." Osaka put down the phone, tired from the conversation with her parents. She picked up her satchel, making sure to check that her Pokeball, Pokedex, and other essentials she needed were there. With everything in order, she set about to locking up the house.

It was thirty minutes later that found Osaka, Minako, and Osaka's Igglybuff outside of Lacunosa Town and into route 13, a new hiking pack shouldered by the short-haired girl. "Well, here we go. I hope Grandfather's alright."

The Igglybuff chirped its approval from its place inside Minako's hug, making Minako nod too.

Years
After feeding Axew and having a little bit of lunch herself, Inari got to her feet, dusting off her pants as she done so. "Well Axie, we better get a move on. If we hurry with little interuption we should be able to reach Driftveil City before sundown." She told her Pokemon pulling out the red and white ball used to house it. "Axew return for now." Inari said holding out the ball as a red beam retracted the little dragon safely back into the orb. Clipping it to the loweset portion of her shirt Inari re-rolled the sleeves of her short black jacket up.

There was plenty of wild Pokemon around lurking in the grass, though none seemed hostile. Inari watched as a couple of Summer Deerling bound across the road and quickly disappear into the thick shrubbery on the opposite side. She heared the buzz of a Karrablast as well, but didn't pay it much heed.

Inari soon arrived to a wooden bridge with a rather large building on the opposite side, out in the front yard of it she seen a couple scientists with Deerling of their own. Casually Inari pressed over the stream below and slowly walked past. The people and their Pokemon seemed busy with experiments so Inari figured it best to not intervene, also she didn't particularily have the urge to tal to them anyway, as her destination was still aways ahead, according to her Town Map.

Maxew555

Years
After letting Piggy hop onto his shoulder, Ryan walked through the tunnel and then he found himself on Route 21. He looked around, he gazed at the beautiful views, he saw grass taller than he had ever seen in Aspertia City and next he spotted Cedric Juniper, the Professor that had given him his Pokemon a few hours prior. Piggy jumped off of Ryan's shoulder and ran towards the man,to be greeted by the latter with a pat on the head. Ryan approached the man, nearing the tall grass.

"Why hello Ryan, what a pleasant surprise!" The Professor said cheerfully "Hope your journey to Virbank is going well so far, how about I show you how to catch a Pokemon?" The Professor continued, cheerfully once again.

"Ok, that would be very nice Professor!" Ryan answered, trying to sound polite. The Professor did this, successfully catching the wild Purrloin in the demonstration. "Thanks Professor!" Ryan said gratefully before the Professor looked down at his watch, shoved five Pokeballs and something else that looked like a phone into Ryan's hands before running off, proclaiming that he was late for something.

Ryan and Piggy followed the path, soon making it to Floccesy Town, but with no sight of any trainers along the way. As the entered the town, Ryan pulled out the 'phone-looking' device that the Professor had given to him moments ago. As they entered the Pokemon Center and got Piggy healed up, Ryan stared in contemplation at the device, only to find the nurse looking down at it, seeing he was confused, she explained what it was to him.

"That is a Pokedex, a high-tech encyclopedia that stores information on Pokemon you've seen or caught." The nurse explained.

"Wow, that's pretty advanced technology!" Ryan stated, thinking aloud. "Thanks for explaining that to me!" Ryan said gratefully as he and Piggy left the place of resting, leaving the town back on route to Virbank and the concert, once again.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
5e8222fc-690c-4f0a-b767-0824f20067dc_zps4e912091.jpg

Even after a full night's sleep, this was a little much to process. And that was despite the fact that it all seemed to make sense and explain so much about the girl's family.

It was difficult to fathom that her mild mannered parents, who had long since assumed false identities were heroes who had saved Orre in the first Shadow War. The conflicts themselves, along with the term "Shadow Pokemon" were all but foreign to her generation, especially for children who did not grow up in Orre. It was something the region wished to forget as soon as possible, but after Team Cipher's resurgence five years later, Orre had become more peaceful. It had been over a decade since the second Shadow War, and a new hero emerged to stop the evil organization. The international police had assisted in capturing Cipher operatives that fled justice, but the remnants of the group would not be so quick to disperse. There were those that decided to live peacefully, perhaps outside of Orre after the war, but there were still those who sought revenge against the young Trainers who put a stop to their plans. That was particularly the higher operatives who had evaded arrest. Thus, Mia's parents had been forced into hiding after their heroic efforts. There daughter was raised quietly, with no knowledge of the feat her parents had performed. There was not a word spoken of the Shadow Wars in their home.

But in a single night that had all changed. The family had not even lived in Unova for a year when they received a visit from Cedric Juniper, one of the region's leading Pokemon researchers. He explained the situation to Mia's parents, fearing something was about to befall Unova and hoped that they would help. Wes and Rui agreed with the Professor, but saw potential in their child, who was to begin her own Pokemon adventures before long. The family had reached a conclusion that it was time for a new generation of heroes. Mia was excited, yet at the same time nervous. Her father assured her that she would do great...

..Which brought the teenager to her current position, traveling north from Undella Town with an Eevee in tow. It was a short flight away from Nacrene City where she lived, but the Professor had convinced her to stay away from southeastern Unova due to riots and problems with young Trainers. The two had bonded well during the few hours since their journey began. The brown, vulpine Pokemon bounded along happily at her Trainer's side.

"So Midnight, do you think we'll find anything in the next town?," the girl asked her Pokemon cherfully. "Veee... Eevee?," Midnight shrugged her shoulders, remaining optimistic but unsure Professor Juniper had requested that Mia investigate Lucanosa town and the Giant Chasm beyond it for anything suspicious, adding that she might be able to find another Trainer involved in this to assist her. He would have added more, but even he wasn't sure what to look for.

"I have a hunch this might be more complicated than we think," Mia spoke curiously. "Keep your eyes open for anything odd, Midnight." The Eevee nodded. The continued across the sandbars, traveling northward on Route 13.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
A few minutes later, the photos finished uploading and Dallas stuck in a Wi-Fi stick that would pick up Wi-Fi regardless of where he was. He got on the internet and went to the magazine's site and logged in and uploaded the photos.

"There we go! Hopefully the prez will like a few of these." Dallas says to himself.

Dallas logged off and turned the computer up and put everything up. He put his laptop case around him and then put his camera around his waist.

"Alright Rufflet, return for now." Dallas says, returning his pokemon to the ball.

His phone rang, before he had even got up. It was the magazine place.

"Hello." Dallas said into the phone.

"Hello Dallas. You took some great photos. Especially the one with the Tranquill stopping the fighting. We would like to use some of these pictures." The man on the other side of the line said.

"Sure sure. That would be great!" Dallas says.

"Alright, we will send the money to your parent's account." The man says.

"Alright, thanks. I guess I better go notify my parents. Let me know if you need anymore." Dallas says before hanging up.

Dallas put his phone up. Dallas walked back toward his home town. He saw many pokemon playing around, but not seemed to interested in him. Although Dallas had just received his first pokemon, Rufflet, he already knew how to catch pokemon... heal them.... everything really. He had a full pokedex with most pokemon in it. Dallas had a few dreams.... to get the best pictures of every legendary that had ever been taken. He also wanted to catch all kinda of pokemon, but most of all a Charmander. He loved Charizard and he knew a Charmander would one day become one. The main reason he wanted one was because his father started with one before he moved to Unova from Kanto. Charmanders are very rare to be seen in the wild. Even more so outside Kanto, but he knew that there had to be one somewhere. Dallas stopped to look at the clouds for a little and then continued walking home.

Last edited:
Years
Route 6 was pretty much a straight shot Southwest, so it wasn't hard for Inari to hold her pace, while keeping on track. A few more wild Pokemon cried in the distance as a flock of Tranquil along with a couple of their lesser forms trailing closely behind flew overhead. Inari felt her heart beat at the sight, her journey had onlyliterally just begun, and she already learned so much, from observation alone.

Spoiler:
Lots of writing in this Post, just shortening it up.

Hours passed, Inari finally made it to the outskirts of Driftveil City. She turned down a couple Trainer battles along the way, explaining that she'd only just began her journey and her single Pokemon was pretty exhausted, which is why she was in a hurry to the next city. Understanding the fellow Trainers aloud her to continue without much hassle.

Inari quickly went straight to the Pokemon Center, and allowed the Nurse to take her Pokeball to tend to the Axew inside. While she waited Inari made her way to one of the shop desks of the PokeShop, which was convienently within the Center itself. Looking over the merchandise, Inari pointed to the Pokeballs requesting 10 of them, to her surprise the man added an extra 11th ball, an all white Premierball free of charge. Inari thanked the man generously handing over the Pokedollars needed for the purchase. Clipping four of the Pokeballs and her special ball on her shirt, Inari placed the others in one of the side pockets of her black lemon accented shoulder bag. Before scanning the other items the shop had to offer.

The Nurse called Inari over giving Axew back free of charge. After giving her appreciations, Inari turned back to the Shop Keeper and asked for something in particular that she didn't see displayed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
(This is my final post until I get back home next week.)

Dallas finally got into Mistralton City. He could hear planes landing and taking off on the run way not far from the entrance of town. He entered got to his house with in a few minutes of entering the town. When he got home, his mother greeted him.

"Hey honey. Did you get the photos you needed?" She asked with her sweet voice.

"Yes ma'am. I actually want you to take a look at them. One is a unique shot." Dallas says, unzipping his laptop case and bringing it out. He showed his mother the photos. She was amazed at them.

"Wow, how did you get so close without them noticing you?" She asked.

"I stays a good away. They probably didn't notice me and Rufflet because they were busy with one another. The guy that asked me for the photos said that he would be sending money to the bank." Dallas says.

"Good good. Where are you going next?" His mother asked.

Dallas thought for a few minutes before answering.

"Well, I don't have any more jobs at the moment. I was thinking of asking Skyla, if she isn't to busy, to fly me to Lentimas Town. I want to see if I can find the Heatran that is said to live in the mountain and take a few pictures of it." Dallas answered.

"Oh my. Just like your father.... Just be careful alright. Now how about some lunch?" His mother asked.

"Sure! And you know I will.... I always am when getting photos." Dallas said, as he shut down his computer again and let Rufflet out so both could eat.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Roxy wore this large smile full of excitement and joy at finally starting her journey. Though her mother was completely torn apart and felt like she was losing a piece of her heart. Her short black hair was messy and her hazel eyes were filled with tears.

"Oh Roxy, my sweet little girl" Roxy's mother said with a sigh. "I've had you here for the passed sixteen years and it's been nothing buy a joy. But now you have to leave to begin the biggest part of a normal, growing person's life..." she trailed off attempting to control her sadness. "I went on my journey and grew so much as a person. I learned about life and became so much better as a person. It may pain me so much to see you go, but I truly believe that this will do you so much good" she finished her explanation.
She turned back to see Roxy and Tessa (Mareep) crying hard.

"It's okay mom! We don't have to go! We can stay here and be here with you forever!" Roxy cried hysterically. Tessa nodded along with Roxy feeling the same.

"No, no. That wouldn't be any good. Now stop your crying, child" Roxy's mother told her. "This will be good for you and you'll be able to make so many more friends with Pokemon. You'll have so much fun, trust me" she explained.

"Alright mom, but I promise to come visit you every once in a while" Roxy reassured her wiping the tears from her eyes.

Roxy's mother then kneeled down to look at Tessa straight in the face. "Now you be sure to take care of my little angel now Tessa. I'm counting on you to keep her in line and make sure she takes care of herself, alright?" she questioned.

Tessa gave a firm nodded and replied with a stern saying of her own name. Tessa shook the tears off of her face and stood up straight as if to hide all traces of sadness.

Roxy's mother stood back up to look at Roxy in her face. "Now you be sure to do the exact same things that I just told Tessa for your Pokemon. You understand me?" she told her.

"Don't worry, Mom! I'll take real good care of every single Pokemon that I meet" Roxy said regaining her usual smile that was filled with displayed so much happiness. "I'll make you proud, Mom" Roxy told her mother.

"I've always been proud of you, sweety" Roxy's mother said once more. "Now I've packed many things that I know you will use on your journey in your backpack including Poke Balls to catch more Pokemon" she informed Roxy. She then turned to grab the backpack from the table and handed it to Roxy.

"Thank you so much Mom" Roxy told her as she gave her a tight and love-filled hug. "Goodbye now" Roxy told her rushing out of the house with Tessa to avoid another moment of crying.

Roxy now stood in the busy city streets of Castelia with her Mareep standing by her. "These will be our first steps into our big and fun adventure, right? I can't wait!" Roxy shouted excitedly.

"Mareep reep reep Mareep" Tessa said looking up at Roxy with soft and eyes attempting to enhance her cute factor.

"You are so lazy! But fine!" Roxy said returning Tessa to her Poke Ball. "I can't believe she's too lazy to walk with me on our first steps of our journey!" she exclaimed angrily but quickly let it go with a sigh. "Time to step up and be independent like Mom wants me to be!" Roxy told herself passionately.

She then began to skip down the streets of Castelia in her usual childish manner humming a pleasant tune. After a few turns she finally made it to the South exit of the city which would lead her to Route 4.

She stopped there and stared at it for a while. "Once I go in there...there's no turning back to the sweet and warm arms of my mother in our cozy little house" Roxy whispered to herself. She looked back imagining her home. "No, I have to do this" she said shifting into a serious tone.

Roxy made her way through the checkpoint and onto Route 4. "Wow..." Roxy stated in awe.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Osaka watched as her two charges played by the water's edge. Well, more like she watched her Igglybuff try to teach Minako how to speak. The Igglybuff would puff its cheeks out in frustration each time the white-haired girl failed to speak, and the mute girl would only frown back. Osaka found it adorable, and she let them be as she mulled over her thoughts.

The three were currently in Route 13, not too far off the entrance near Lacunosa Town. Osaka was a bit hesitant to leave the safe reaches of the city, that is until she got the handle of using her Pokemon. Not to mention the dangers of wild Pokemon out here.

A single Pokemon, a Baby one at that, isn't exactly the best deterrent for that.

At least, she thought, she brought her Kendo stick. Not that she thinks it would be much help against the tougher Pokemon like a Graveler, but any thugs that try to mug her better watch out.

Now that she thinks about it, are there any Gravelers around here? So far, she hasn't seen a single sign of a Magicarp around the area, and from where she came from, they own the seas and rivers with their sheer numbers.

Idly, she grabbed her Pokedex from the pocket of her satchel, flipping it open to check what wild Pokemon are often found in the area. She grimaced, finding out that her Pokemon stands little chance of winning against many of them. If there was a saving grace, it was that there were no Fighting Pokemon around. (At least, that she knows of.)

She turned the Dex to her Igglybuff, amused that despite it being young, has three moves. Sing, Wish, and Pound.

Sighing, Osaka pocketed the device and took out a spare Pokeball, resolving to capture another Pokemon so that she can train both of them up as soon as she can.

Years
Inari questioned the Shopkeeper on Pokevitamins. Usually kept off the shelf due to their outragious price, but Inari could turn it around with her Pokeblocks. Luckily enough the man behind the counter brought out two Protiens, a calcium, and two Carbos. Inari had just enough to afford one of each before becoming almost completely broke, not surprising as each on of the items cost, 9000+. It was a good sale for the man so he thanked her and wished her well on her journey. Inari nodded and waved as she left the building back into the streets.

She made her way through the City of Driftviel, heading South towards the PWT. Inari read in a magazine that there where a variety of self set up shops, and woundered if she'd be able to set up a temporary one herself. Heading into the rather large structure she searched for assistance from one of the employees of the PWT.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
"Drilbur, dodge! Prepare for a counter- strike!" Matthew, albeit calmly, bellowed. The russet- hued, long- nosed anteater, leaped steadily backwards, with its jaded claws bared.

"Don't be too hasty, Matt! Bellossom, leave no room for retaliation, magical leaf, continuous fire!" Madison, whom uprightly stood at the far- end of the rather elongated platform, remarked, albeit nonchalantly. Her bright blue eyes gleamed with sheer serenity; truth be told, the lass appeared all- too calm.

"Cover for Drilbur, Togekiss! Air Slash, repeatedly!" Maya bellowed in clamorous ferocity; truth be told, her rather ingratiatingly gaze said otherwise; it appeared as if, despite her manifesting rabidness , her rather jolly smile had simply palliated such intensity. The elegant fowl, molding strings of blue light onto its unfolded appendages struck the radiating, verdant crescents of leaves with a thud.

Matthew chimed in, "Drilbur, get into Bellossom's range, and exact a 'Brick Break' maneuver!" The, albeit aggressive anteater further advanced, nearing the rather calm Bellossom. Madison smiled slyly, "I just can't allow that. Gardevoir, Psychic! Redirect Drilbur's aim!" The rather pale, dainty bipedal Pokemon flounced its flowing, long glimmering dress, and propelled Drilbur into the barren ground. It was a long, hard fought struggle, though it was Madison that had triumphed.

Maya sighed, albeit jokingly, "So close.. !" Madison smiled, pleased, "Haha! Yup, it surely was!" She paused. "Though, you shouldn't dwell on it too much. You've put up quite the effort; you both should be proud!" Matthew simply nodded. "Yeah. Thanks, Madge!" He smiled, "Say.. you sure are a lot tougher than back then.." Madison laughed, albeit ingratiatingly, "I am.. ? Well, I guess training does pay off, if not at least just a tad bit!" Matthew nodded, "It sure does."

"So.. we might as well call it a day?" Maya remarked, nonchalantly. Madison nodded, "I guess so." Matthew, then, began a rather rapid sprint, departing the rather inundated platform, much to their surprise. "Well, come on then!" Though, the lad's rather swift stride was cut gravely short, as he had, albeit inadvertently, slammed onto a rather young man, donned with rather odd, wolf- resembling clothing. Matthew fell onto the rough pavements of the rather festive boroughs of Striaton City, though he, all- too swiftly regained his composure. Uprightly standing, the lad apologized, extending his fair hand "Ack! Ah! I'm so sorry!"

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Kio walks down the road of Striaton, hoping to find something interesting. much to his surprise, a young boy with striking brown eyes fumbles into Kio. Kio flinches as puts his hands up inocently as the boy stands up to apologize. Truthfully, it was also Kio's fault that he walked into the boy but the thought never came to his mind.

The boy apologizes in a formal manner, holding out his hand to apologize. He is far taller thank Kio, but the complexion in his face proves he is of equal age.

"It's nothing. Your excused!" Kio says with a grin. Zorua chimes in with a little yap before the two of them begin to pass the boy. A thought comes to Kio's mind suddenly. It may be the pokéball that this stranger carries with him that brought the thought along, or assumptions alone, but perhaps the two could battle. Swiftly, Kio turns around to face the boy with the black hair - a feature that Kio only now came to recognize.

"Hey, I'm Kio. I was just, you know, wondering..." Kio says, slurring his words with embarrassment, "would you like to have a pokémon battle with me?"

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Roxy stood in awe as she stared out into the desert area that was Route 4. She found it interesting yet intimidating to start off on such a path on her first steps of travel. But that didn't matter to her, right now she still had that electric feeling of new beginnings running through her blood.

She sighed and began taking slow and cautious steps as she made her way down the road and that's when she spotted a new Pokemon. It was a small red creature with a round body with tiny limbs.

Roxy gasped and squealed with excitement. "Oh my goodness! That Pokemon is super cute! I want it!" she exclaimed excitedly. She grabbed Tessa's Poke Ball and threw it out onto the field.

Tessa apeared from a flash of white light that was released from the Poke Ball. She yawned a long yawn and blinked a few times then looking confused at the Darumaka that stood in front of her.

"Where you asleep Tessa?" Roxy questioned.

"Reep..." Tessa replied reluctantly.

"You're still lazy as usual" Roxy said with a sigh. "But this is no time to discuss your sleeping habits, now is the time to battle and catch a new Pokemon!" Roxy exclaimed.

"Reep Mareep!" Tessa cried out agreeing with Roxy.

"Okay Tessa, let's start off with a Tackle!" Roxy ordered her Mareep.

Tessa nodded and charged off quickly towards the Darumaka ready to slam into it with great force but that did not happen. The Darumaka had been standing in front of a rock and just at the last minute he hopped out of the way of Tessa's attack. This lead to Tessa slamming hard into a rock.

"Mareep! Reep! Reep!" Tessa cried out in pain as she shook her head.

"Oh dear..." Roxy sighed worriedly. "Come on Tessa, you're my tough little girl!" Roxy exclaimed.

Tessa grunted and turned back towards the Darumaka who was on the floor laughing at Tessa's misfortune. This angered Tessa as she growled a deep growl towards the little jokester.

"Tessa, now while he is distracted! Use Thundershock!" Roxy commanded.

Tessa shot out a stream of electricity that collided with the laughing Darumaka causing it to cry out in pain. Now the Darumaka was just as serious as Tessa was about the battle.

The Darumaka proceeded to clench its fist and it began covered in flames. The Pokemon then rushed off towards to Tessa planning to punch it with its fiery fist.

"Watch out for that Fire Punch! Dodge it!" Roxy commanded frantically feeling the rush of the battle pulsing through her.

But unfortunately Tessa wasn't fast enough and was hit hard. She rolled back into the rock causing even more damage to her. This knocked Tessa out and she was down for the count.

"Oh no!" Roxy shouted shocked. She ran over to her hurt Pokemon and picked her up in her arms holding her like a baby. "Are you okay Tessa?" she asked worried.

"Reep" Tessa confirmed.

"You need a long rest girl" Roxy comforted her Pokemon as she returned her to her Poke Ball. A red beam of light beamed from the ball and Tessa was gone.

Roxy then hurt the laughter of the Darumaka from behind her. This Darumaka had a distinct high pichted laugh that she had never heard before. It was definitely unique to this specific Pokemon.

"Hey! We are new at this so cut us some slack!" Roxy shouted back at the Darumaka in anger. "Tessa did her best and so did I!" she continued. "So shut up you big meanie!" she finished her rant of anger.

The Darumaka kept laughing as it scurried off into the distance of the wide desert field until it was no longer in plain sight.

"Maybe I'm not cut out for this..." Roxy she told herself in sadness as she sat on the sandy floor. "I failed miserably against my first wild Pokemon battle. I should've been smarter when giving my commands" Roxy sighed with tears welling up in her eyes.

That's when her mother's words rang in her head. I've always been proud of you sweety. The words echoed through her head and she smiled. Clearly, mom has always believed in me. Now all I have to do is believe in myself. Roxy stood up and wiped the tears off her face. "No more crying from here on out" she told herself sternly.

That's when she continued off down the path without looking back this time. "No feeling sorry for myself either. Starting off as a trainer is always hard and I just have to keep trying in order to improve" she reassured herself continuing down Route 4.

Years
After asking a few people for directions towards someone that could help Inari was lead to a small office in the back corner of the rather open lobby. After access was allowed she slowly peeked her head in. A rough voice welcomed her to intrude, as she did so. Moving over to take her place on a small swivel chair on the opposite side of the desk from where the man was sitting.

"Now how can I help you, lass?" The man asked gruffly, yet still in a polite tone.

"Um. well you see sir, I just started my journey as a Pokemon Trainer, and I'm a little short on funds...I heard that you offer sections outside for temporary shops to be set up." Inari spoke nervousnessly, yet confidently enough that her words weren't slurred together or anything of the sort.

"Indeed we do rent areas out it's $2500 per day." The man replied coldly, but a smile soon covered his face. "What kind of shop did you have in mind?"

Inari gulped, 2500 was out of her league given her recent perchases. "It's more of a stand really, I offer PokeMassage, Styling, and Block. I figured here where many Trainers come to participate in high quality battles that there would be a few interested in my services..." Inari trailed off. "But I don't ha-"

"Well I think we could settle for a percentage of your income that you accumilate through the day. Haha. We've actually have plenty of room at the moment." The man laughed, while pretty much giving her the go ahead. He called in an assistant of his to take Inari to where she'd beable to get set up. Inari thanked the man endlessly and agreed on 10%.

Back outside, Inari was given a table, chair, and even a small portable oven by request. She let out her Axew who looked around confised. Inari told her little companion what was happening and the Dragon Pokemon lept up eagerly wanting to help. Inari giggled and handed Axew a sign for him to put up as she seen fit. The little Dragon placed it on the leg of the table, a nice effort, but hardly noticeable. Inari was prepared with a banner that she quickly strung up above her table. She had a couple labled bags of batter for the PokeBlock in her bag that she placed carefully into little balls on a small pan slidding them into the oven. After a couple other moderations based on appearence she took out a collapsable massage table and placed it against the one provided for her to be in the shape of an 'L'.

Inari took a step back and looked over her set-up. "Well Axie what do you think? Think people will be interested?" She looked down hopefully to her tusked Pokemon who yelped happily in reply. Sitting in her chair she managed the temp of the oven and looked out towards the street with a wide happy smile at passerbys, impatiently waiting for somebody to take notice.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Matthew smiled at the young lad, "A Pokemon battle.. ? Sure, I'm wholly up for it!" He paused, "Oh, and it's nice to meet you Kio. I'm--"

"Matthew! I told you not to run off like that! Urgh! You can be so light- headed sometimes, ya' know!" Maya demurred in discord. Though, the young maiden reddened a tad bit at the sight of a rather sheepish young lad. She smiled, albeit awkwardly, "Oh, hi." Madison chimed in, albeit apologetically, "Uh, uh, I'm sincerely sorry about all of this."

Matthew continued, his tone yet still as calm and crisp as the morning's wind, "Uh.. so, let's get our battle underway, shall we, Kio?"

"I can referee, if that's all right with the both of you?" Maya remarked, her rather calm and composed gaze set upon the yet still sheepish Kio.

Last edited:
Back