• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Circle

Should the main character have dialogue or remain silent?

• Dialogue

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Silent

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
^ I would assume badges. Or else it would screw over people who like grinding for levels.

as for the poll, I dislike silent heros, I like it when they have their own personalities. Silent heroes usually mean minimal storylines.

keep it up :)

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This seems like quite an interesting project and I'm looking forward to seeing more from it.
However, it'd be a lot better if you explained more in your storyline, or expanded it with lots more detail. It seems a bit too plain.
The battle graphics look nice, and the features seem interesting, but I do agree with coolmansam123. It'd be great if you posted some overworld screenshots.

Years
^ I would assume badges. Or else it would screw over people who like grinding for levels.

That's kind of why I was asking. There are some people who will sit in a route and just level up until they are 10 or 15 levels higher than their previous level. For those that like to do that, you could make a case for progressing levels by the number of badges you've obtained.

At the same time, some people may want to do a quick run through, so you can make a case for progressing with time.

I personally would like both to be implemented (if possible). I personally just like to play the game. I am not trying to be the best or finish it as quickly as possible. If after an hour you still don't have your first badge, levels increase by a certain number. If you do have your first badge, the levels increase by a larger number, but the time between badges is reset.

I'm gonna try to explain what I mean, because I'm not sure that was clear.

You start the game and you have 1 hr. to get your first badge. Say you get it after 54 mins of playing. Levels of wild pokemon/trainers increase by 50%. Instead of having 6 mins to get your 2nd badge, you have 60 mins. So you would have to have your second badge by the 1hr 54 min mark or levels increase by, say, 25%.

This is just a thought tho, not saying it should be done this way

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
Nice game, and the mini-game looks fun.

Hopefully, this game will be finnished.

Years
Thanks for all the comments. I'll try and address them all now. :)

In regards to the poll, and whether the hero should speak or not - I think its pretty clear the majority would prefer a speaking character. Which, to be honest, is what I would have voted for myself. :P

In regards to posting Overworld screenshots, the reason I have done so yet is because I believe mapping to be one of my weakest areas and I've been putting off posting any screens of it. But I'll go ahead and post some later on today. :)

In regards to the storyline, I'll write out a more detailed version and stick that in the first post soon.

And in regards to the Trainer Growth...
I was toying with the idea of difficulty settings the player can choose from that affects the speed of other trainer's improvement. This could be changed at any time from the options menu - so if you find the game becoming too easy or difficult, then you can change it on the fly (though the affect may not be instantaneous and gradually become easier/harder. Does that sound plausible?

And finally, in regards to the game being completed...
While I could never hope to 100% guarantee that I will finish this game - and while I also accept that the chances are slim - I will definately try my best. And if for whatever reason I can't, then I will at the very least not stop until there's a decent chunk of the game that can be released. :)

Years
Here's two random overworld screenshots, I'll throw some better ones up later. :)

Overworld01.png
Overworld02.png

hey, it seems that this is back (well kinda) so your keeping the same basic ideas?

Pretty much. It's more of a revamp than a completely new game.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Those look amazing, 00Vampire. I'm really glad to see them in FRLG style, there's not enough games like that around here. I'm looking forward to seeing some more. ;)

Years
Thanks Cilerba.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post more overworld screenshots, but for now...

SkillSwap01.png

As stated in the first post: each Pokémon can learn many different moves which they don't have to forget. At any point outside of battle, a player can access a Pokémon's Skills Screen and choose out of all that Pokémon's learnt techniques, which 4 he wants to set for battle.

Though I'm not sure myself if I actually like the way I've set it out. :/

Years
I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post more overworld screenshots, but for now...

SkillSwap01.png

As stated in the first post: each Pokémon can learn many different moves which they don't have to forget. At any point outside of battle, a player can access a Pokémon's Skills Screen and choose out of all that Pokémon's learnt techniques, which 4 he wants to set for battle.

Though I'm not sure myself if I actually like the way I've set it out. :/

I like the idea very much, but in the screenshot, maybe you should have two columns one for the moves being used now, and one for the moves Bulbasaur has learnt but not in use, and you can drag em over etc.

Years
I like the idea very much, but in the screenshot, maybe you should have two columns one for the moves being used now, and one for the moves Bulbasaur has learnt but not in use, and you can drag em over etc.

The problem with that though, is then there'd be four moves in one column, then about 15 odd in another - which would make it a bit of a tight squeeze.

Do you think I should show the names of the moves that haven't been learnt yet - and just have them faded out or something - or just leave them blank like they are now?

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
blank no questions asked, but if possible just say i'm raising two bulbasaur the weaker one could have what the stronger one has but faded out because you already know what bulbasaur learns so it isn't a surprise

Years
I like what Lockmaster said if you could code it like that, it would be like discovering things as you go along.

Years
blank no questions asked, but if possible just say i'm raising two bulbasaur the weaker one could have what the stronger one has but faded out because you already know what bulbasaur learns so it isn't a surprise

I like what Lockmaster said if you could code it like that, it would be like discovering things as you go along.

Sounds good to me. :)
What do you guys think about the layout of the screen?

Just thought I'd update with two more screenshots...

TrainerMenu-Trophies01.png
TrainerMenu-Trophies02.png

This is the Trainer's Hub portion of the menu where you can view your badges, trophies (basically achievements), game statistics, and also save your progress.

If it seems like I'm updating random things in a random order - that's because I am a very random person and it works best for me lol. :P

Last edited:
Years
Looks very good to me, but the moves thing, when you hover over the move it should come up with a small info box, telling us the abilities of the move, you no

Years
Looks very good to me, but the moves thing, when you hover over the move it should come up with a small info box, telling us the abilities of the move, you no

The only thing is trying to fit it all in. Maybe I should have the moves on 2 pages then?

do the trophies have any point other than look good, do they give you bonuses of any sort

I'm undecided at the moment. Originally they were just going to be achievements that add together to make up a player score, but I'm now thinking of having a character in-game that gives you rarer items the higher your score is.

Years
The only thing is trying to fit it all in. Maybe I should have the moves on 2 pages then?
I like the hover-box idea if its not a lot of work.

I'm undecided at the moment. Originally they were just going to be achievements that add together to make up a player score, but I'm now thinking of having a character in-game that gives you rarer items the higher your score is.

I like the rare items idea, it makes them more... relevant.

Years
I apologise for lack of updates this past week - when I have had time to work on the game, I've been focusing on the Intro/Prologue, and planning out the story in a lot more detail.

I'll be uploading quite a few screenshots of this within the next few days. :)

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hey, it's nice to see this game again. I liked the Asphar concept, actually.

Seeing this, makes me wanna forget about my project and be part of yours. I made my game's whole interface by myself and mapping, curiously, I think it turned out good enough, so I could be part of it.

Whatever, I'm not here to ask you that. I'm here to congratulate you. This concept is superb and the most accurate example of how I would want a Pokémon game to be.

A question: Why does the trainer and wild pokémon grow gradually? If you start romaing the whole region for 20 hour of gameplay, and then when you want to fight against the first trainer or start your first wild battle, they are gonna be too strong that your pokémon are going to be wiped out like nothing?

BTW, I remember you wrote something about only the first 150 pokémon will be on the game.

Back