• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My OU Team :D

myrrh25

New account soon.
Years
  • Azelf @Focus Sash (Ability: Levitate)
    Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed.
    Taunt
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Zen Headbutt
    - Azelf is pretty much your standard lead, get in and get Rocks up, then get the hell out of there via any means possible, even if it means exploding the crap out of his opponent.

Umbreon @Leftovers (Ability: Synchronize)
    Serious, 252 Defence, 252 Special Defence.
    Quick Attack
    Mean Look
    Baton Pass
    Confuse Ray
    - This is a tricky one. He goes out second to get rid of sash'd leads that i've failed to OHKO with Azelf, with priority Quick Attack. Next pokemon comes out, hopefully a special attacker. If opponent sends out a special attacker, I use Mean Look, then Baton Pass out to my original Blissey.

Blissey @Leftovers (Ability: Natural Care)
    Bold, 252 Defence, 252 HP
    Flamethrower
    Defence Curl
    Calm Mind
    Softboiled
    - You'll never see a Blissey quite as strange as this one. It takes the baton from Umbreon, and with the Mean Look still up on the Special Attacking opponent, it rares up both of its defences and its special attack. After only three Defence Curls, Blissey has 355 Defence. Blissey heals off any damage it takes from the opponent with Softboiled as it bolsters its defences and its Special Attack. When it hits +6 DefenceCurl and +6 CalmMind I start the sweep, by firing Flamethrower at anything that is silly enough to get into Blissey's firing path. Only thing that will ruin InvinsiBliss's day will be a hazer.

Scizor @Life Orb (Ability: Technician)
    Adamant, 252 Attack, 252 Defence.
    U-Turn
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Roost
    - Standard run-of-the-mill Scizor. If Blissey pays off I shouldn't even need to bring him out of his lovely PokeBall. Swords Dance once, maybe twice, and hopefully get a BulletPunch sweep in. Does not like Heatran or Arcanine.

Ninjask @Leftovers (Ability: Speed Boost)
    Impish, 252 Defence, 252 Special Defence.
    Substitute
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    X-Scissor
    - With the extra bulk for its defences, I like to get the Speed Boost up, and maybe a Swords Dance or two, and then BatonPass the speed and attack to Tyranitar. If the opponent is foolish enough to have a type weak to bug out when I bring Ninjask out, I'll maybe go for a hit with X-Scissor, depending on how I think their defence is.

Tyranitar @Life Orb (Ability: Sand Stream)
    Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Pursuit
    Shadow Claw
    - Pure killing machine. Takes the Baton from Ninjask and runs with it, and when I say runs, damn it runs. The speed of this Tyranitar is phenomenal from the Speed Boost of my dear Ninjask. This is used only when boosted from Ninjask, if I can't pull off Ninjask, Tyranitar doesn't help me out much.

What do you think? Be brutal. :)

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    id make a better rate but i need to go somewhere so ill just note something quick i noticed- You dont exactly have a clear answer for a DDanced gyarados, i'd get rid of umbreon and put in vaporeon with Hp electric or something else along those lines, you also need to have crunch over shadow claw on tyranitar for the extra power since dark gives nearly the same coverage with crunch and it hits normals for neutral coupled with tyranitars STAB and you dont really want to have pursuit as your main STAB as that isn't very smart...

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • id make a better rate but i need to go somewhere so ill just note something quick i noticed- You dont exactly have a clear answer for a DDanced gyarados, i'd get rid of umbreon and put in vaporeon with Hp electric or something else along those lines, you also need to have crunch over shadow claw on tyranitar for the extra power since dark gives nearly the same coverage with crunch and it hits normals for neutral coupled with tyranitars STAB and you dont really want to have pursuit as your main STAB as that isn't very smart...

the only problem i have with switching Umbreon to Vaporean is that it completely nullifies the strategy I have for Blissey, as my strange-unique Blissey needs something to keep locked into battle so it can set-up its defences, and as far as i know Vaporean can't utilise Mean Look. my Tyranitar's main STAB is Rock Slide but you're right I'm gonna switch Shadow Claw for Crunch because thats the better option anyway.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    i really wont deny it's a cool strategy with mean look you came up with, however setting up your blissey for a sweep from just a simple mean look isn't going to do the job.

I mean, umbreon is a good poke, but WHAT EXACTLY are you going to mean look to set up?? Nearly every special attacker nowadays has a physical move for stuff like this(heatran[sometimes packs taunt too which ruins your stategy right there, and with his ability and no seismic toss on your blissey, your sets ups will be completely wasted], infernape, gyarados to give some brief but very used pokes) and specifically now that i look at this team more closely your also pretty mixape weak, which heightens my recomendation for vaporeon even MORE.

Also by the time you have something umbreon can wall all day, theyll simply switch out when your mean looking to their infernape or heck a resttalk machamp even(expecting a toxic but you dont even have that), letting him just do his thing, your team is 3x weak to fighting and that really isn't a good sign, and neither the fact that ninjask and azelf are your only fighting resists.

In fact, if you want a better way of setting up, why dont you use your OWN gyarados, or heck, you can even set up with a bulky machamp and bulk up and something like that with dynamicpunch is pretty scary, its whatever you want, but that blissey isnt going to do it.

But anyway, umbreon has to go, it's not even good natured (neutral giving you no bonuses in the stats you need over stats which are useless to you) and the strategy is very gimmicky and will rarely work on someone who knows how to beat an umbreon, you should also work seismic toss over defence curl on blissey, you can keep calm mind for more damage, since thats your option, but you DO need seismic toss for quicker damage.

Another thing i've noticed is your tyranitar pretty much relies on ninjask to function, you should find a move to replace for dragon dance so it can set up on its own even without ninjask since in the long run your ninjask is only getting 1-2 boosts off a game without protect and the SR weakness, which means that ANYTHING with a priority move(scizor) or simple stealth rock since your not leading with it(and in this case, you will only get a SINGLE speed boost making it very predictable too when your going to be baton passing), will beat it. When in the end, you could have replaced ninjask with a better poke that fills a role in this team and can do something over then just baton pass once and then completely die, when tyranitar can simply just do it HIMSELF WHILE raising his attack with DDance...

Oh, reminds me to say that enemy scizor choice banded/SD give you hell with superpower/bullet punch with rocks up, like REALLY bad.

Anyway, this team needs more revising then i can help with. You need to figure out a strategy on your own and you need pokes to fill in certain ROLES to lure out the pokemon that stop your strategy cold and THEN think about your central strategy. Simply mean looking a random poke to set up a blissey with a single move (flamethrower) isnt going to work nowadays.

Hope i helped...

Last edited:

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • One thing I was thinking of doing was switching Tyranitar with my DDancing Dragonite. By doing that I also have no use for Ninjask, so I could swap Ninjask with Vaporeon..
    I definetely need to get Superpower on Scizor aswell...
    Anyway here's the information on Dragonite:

Dragonite @Life Orb (Ability: Inner Focus)
    Adamant, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw (for reliable STAB, i don't like Outrage due to the amount of times I've killed off my friends when they lock themselves into it.)
    Aqua Tail (to deal with Mixape)
    Extremespeed (for revenge killing)

What do you think?

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • One thing I was thinking of doing was switching Tyranitar with my DDancing Dragonite. By doing that I also have no use for Ninjask, so I could swap Ninjask with Vaporeon..
    I definetely need to get Superpower on Scizor aswell...
    Anyway here's the information on Dragonite:

Dragonite @Life Orb (Ability: Inner Focus)
    Adamant, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw (for reliable STAB, i don't like Outrage due to the amount of times I've killed off my friends when they lock themselves into it.)
    Aqua Tail (to deal with Mixape)
    Extremespeed (for revenge killing)

What do you think?

Thats actually close to the same strategy that I used, with the Ninjask, but honestly I figured out later that its kind of sloppy. You want good synergy in your team, not just a few sweepers that are boosted by Pokemon that you would, if given the opportunity, would just faint. (lets be honest, what good are they after the boost right?)

Not exactly an example of good flow of a team. The Umbreon strategy is brilliant however. I never would have thought of boosting Blissey of all Pokemon to create a tank like that.

But back to my point, Ninjask+TTar isn't the best idea. Sure, its an incredible boost, but when people see the ninja, they instantly think, OH CRAP, BOOST!!! And bring out Starmie, or another bulky water with Ice Beam. Even though Tyranitar will be running like a Kenyan and sweeping like a Mexican, he will get swamped like a Haitian.

Typical Bulky Waters pack Ice Beam, Surf, and Earthquake, or some form of them(ie Ice Fang, Hydro Pump, Earth Power) and when seeing Ninjask, will try to KO it. This will mean you'll be forced to switch out, Baton Passing the boosts to TTar. When TTar comes out, boosts or not, that bulky water will have an even more fun time with target practice. Your Dragonite on the other hand, sure people will pull the ice beams out, but you have more mystery with Dragonite because his movepool is so varied and people won't exactly know what to expect. This Dragonite set is the same one I'm running right now, and its because he's sturdier than Salamence and... well... LEGAL as opposed to their more powerful Dragon (RIP Chompy).

Dragonite is a much better choice than a NinTar combo. Even though that crazy boost to Tyranitar is very attractive, its not stable enough to survive hits from people that know what to expect from Ninjask. I know I used to baton pass to only Metagross or Garchomp, because Meta was resistant to Ice and Flying. If it were a Fire type, Garchomp.

In your case however, Ninjask gets killed by some of the same things, if not MORE things than Tyranitar. But cutting extra weight from your team leaves you with spots to put new Pokemon in like Lil mukipz said, Vaporeon. Even though DNite has Aqua Tail, its safer to have more than one counter to MixNape.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I've always considered Swords Dancing Ninjask to be a rather cheap. Plus, a Skarmory totally laughs in his face.

Secondly, you don't really have a Special Sweeper. I'd recommend one, personally. Preferably something with a Grass move, because Swampert (Curse-pert in particular) rolls over this entire team without much of a problem.

Third, I commend you on creativity with Blissey, but I think its a lost cause. Even maxed out and Bold, Blissey can't really take a physical hit too well. I think you'd be far better off with Baton Passing to a Choice Specs Starmie, or something along those lines. Something versatile.

Can Umbreon learn Encore? If so, I'd say stick that move on him. With Mean Look, you can essentially do whatever you want to the opponent... it's like a half-assed Wobbuffet.

EDIT:

Even though Tyranitar will be running like a Kenyan and sweeping like a Mexican, he will get swamped like a Haitian.

I just woke up not too long ago, and you already made my day. haha. Kudos! Will you be here all night? :P

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Secondly, you don't really have a Special Sweeper. I'd recommend one, personally. Preferably something with a Grass move, because Swampert (Curse-pert in particular) rolls over this entire team without much of a problem.

I have a Pikachu with Light Ball that knows Grass Knot in my computer? :D 398 Special Attack and 306 Speed FTW!

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • if you are going to run dragonite you should always run vaporeon just for a ice shard possiblity and the ability to pass wishes like a boss, they have great synergy btw
    so yeah i agree with the above statement
    phazers and hazers will wreck your blissey but you already said that =P

however i don't agree that umbreon is useless, most people play the umbreon card late game, when its counters are gone, or as bait (ex. umbreon, they bring in skarmory who sees a good poke to set up spikes on, you bring in magnezone)

plus there is always the chance they didn't consider umbreon when making a team and actually don't have a counter for it, plus umbreon dominates against a team of walls

Back