• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suspect rmt

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    hi,

I have recently made a team for suspect that focuses on breaking the ever so common stall, that also can beat offence. This team has been really good for me, losing only to players like krack and limitless (and even those battles were close) but before I do some serious laddering, I want to polish this team, and I want to know some different opinions on the team, so I've come to PC to rate it (I didn't want to go to smogon because there's a greater chance that people will know my team on the ladder.

Anyway...

The lead
    Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/108 Spd/150 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Trick
    - Grass Knot
    - Psychic

Yeah, this is the lead. I just trick usually, and SR next, usually death fodder after that lol, grass knot is for swamperts and stuff. I might need help with the EV's

Gengar (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 100 Atk/188 Spd/220 SAtk
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Focus Punch

This is a lure, to beat scarftar, blissey, heatran, jirachi, scizor etc, and helps me break stall, which I have found to be REALLY annoying. It's also my fastest member, so it revenges slower threats, like infernape, salamence.

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 40 HP/220 Spd/248 SAtk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hydro Pump
    - Surf

This guy is definatly the teams MVP against offence and balanced. When I click "dragon pulse" (or draco meteor) against a choiced scarfed heatran locked into fireblast, something is going to get 2hKOed, as it nails his common switch ins, like celebi, suicune, zapdos, gyarados etc. It also checks a bunch of top tier pokes, like infernape, starmie, heatran. This guy is staying on the team as the special sweeper.

Heracross (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge

This guy is the willo wisp absorber and really punches holes in most stall hard, but he is actually the guy that I most want to replace (to something like tauntskarm for a dragon resist and stall breaker), I don't know why, even though he has been doing well.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 56 Atk/200 Spd/252 SAtk
    Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Extremespeed
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower

Another stall breaker on the squad, I figured that I also wanted a priority move, so I chose Dragonite. I figured out that he punches holes in teams just as good as mixmence, even against offence. Draco meteor is just amazing.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk/196 Spd/60 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance
    - Flare Blitz
    This guy is my late game sweeper, and an awesome one too. iI gets just about all of my sweeps. I don't know how, but I can usually get a swords dance up and once that happens, a few pokemon can stop it.

So yeah, that's my team, rate away!

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • As pokemon with trick go Mesprit is outclassed by Jirachi, who excells in breaking walls with its iron head+ serene grace combo and is not useless after tricking the scarf
    Especially because i assume this is a OU team a dead wait lead just hinders your team (after tricking the scarf, your opponent switches out the useless lead and sets up on mesprit) but most people predict the trick lead and switch to their own choiced pokemon.

scarftran modest can 2hko kingdra (maybe even OHKO) with dragon pulse for the revenge kill (and you don't have a safe switch for the dragon pulse which is really scary)

but what i dont see is a counter for anything that has a dragon dance. 1 dragon dance mence sweeps this team, so can dragonite, and even kingdra sweeps this team after a dragon dance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    As pokemon with trick go Mesprit is outclassed by Jirachi, who excells in breaking walls with its iron head+ serene grace combo and is not useless after tricking the scarf
    Especially because i assume this is a OU team a dead wait lead just hinders your team (after tricking the scarf, your opponent switches out the useless lead and sets up on mesprit) but most people predict the trick lead and switch to their own choiced pokemon.

Well, most common leads are actually dead weight (azelf)

One of the reasons I chose mespirit before something like Jirachi because most people actually do not really expect a trick mespirit, where if it's a lead jirachi, they would know its a tricker. I wouldn't attempt to break walls with flinch hax anyway, but I'll test it out and see how it goes.

scarftran modest can 2hko kingdra (maybe even OHKO) with dragon pulse for the revenge kill (and you don't have a safe switch for the dragon pulse which is really scary)

true, but no scarftrans are modest, and they usually use fire blast anyway. If they are modest with scarf, infernape revenges them, and if they aren't scarved, then kingdra outspeeds and KOs anyway, but I really need a dragon resist. I'm thinking Skarmory. Thoughts?

but what i dont see is a counter for anything that has a dragon dance. 1 dragon dance mence sweeps this team, so can dragonite, and even kingdra sweeps this team after a dragon dance.

There are no mences in suspect...

But I see your point. Dragonite actually isn't that powerful dragon dancer, so I deal with him using heracross (normal ones don't know fire moves) or go for the revenge kill with dragonites extremespeed. Kingdra is a really big problem if it comes in on kingdra's water moves, and I have to rely on dragonites extremespeed to kill it. Again, Im thinking skarmory, but who should I replace for it?

BTW, I also have a gaping weakness to fast jirachis if infernape dies early.

Suggestions?

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Azelf is a better lead as it can at least explode and take something down with it, while mesprit kinda waits to die after the scarf switch, you kinda want your lead to do something after that,

these are smogon's dragon stats 318 att and 274 speed which after a dragon dance will outspeed all of your pokemon and they will all be KO'd with a stab outrage

but then ur running mixape evs on a swords dancer (lul wut) should be jolly nature with apropriate evs

btw heracross isn't faster than a dragonite even before a dragon dance

replace mesprit with skarm or zong, it provides a dragon resist and entry hazards because thats what you were doing on mesprit anyways

and as sweepers go swords dance infernape is pretty weak as close combat lowers your defences and flareblitz does the same thing and it is outsped by scarfers and weak to priorities
    now if you had mach punch i'd be singing a different tune right now

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I would definitely use Jirachi over Mespirit, the resistance to Dragon is very useful, even without Mence there are still things like Flygon, Kingdra and Dragonite who can rip holes in teams if there aren't things to resist outrage.

I would also replace Heracross with Breloom, the SD variant, I've been playing around with it a bit and its amazing. In case you aren't aware here is the set.

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~Spore
    ~Mach Punch
    ~Seed Bomb / Stone Edge
    ~Swords Dance

Basically, spore on the first turn, usually they will switch, use Swords Dance, then just spam Mach Punch or Seed Bomb/Stone Edge. It gets an attack stat of 1024 factoring in Life Orb after 1 Swords dance and a +2 Mach Punch will always OHKO Heatran. The choice of Seed Bomb or Stone Edge is what you fear more. Flyers or Grass-types. A +2 SE will OHKO defensive Celebi and Shaymin, but will only 2HKO Gliscor, whereas a +1 Seed Bomb will OHKO every Gyarados set except for the RestTalker set, and will OHKO Gliscor, but you leave yourself vulnerable to Zapdos, Celebi and other stuff that resists Grass-type attacks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    Azelf is a better lead as it can at least explode and take something down with it, while mesprit kinda waits to die after the scarf switch, you kinda want your lead to do something after that,

Ok then, I could test scarfzelf

these are smogon's dragon stats 318 att and 274 speed which after a dragon dance will outspeed all of your pokemon and they will all be KO'd with a stab outrage

Ok, I'll switch something for a dragon resister like jirachi or skarmery, hope it helps

but then ur running mixape evs on a swords dancer (lul wut) should be jolly nature with apropriate evs

oops...

btw heracross isn't faster than a dragonite even before a dragon dance

Yes it does, Heracross base speed is 85, which beats Dragonite's 80

replace mesprit with skarm or zong, it provides a dragon resist and entry hazards because thats what you were doing on mesprit anyways

I'd rather go with skarm, as the only bronzong set I like is otr zong, and that does not have hazards.

and as sweepers go swords dance infernape is pretty weak as close combat lowers your defences and flareblitz does the same thing and it is outsped by scarfers and weak to priorities
    now if you had mach punch i'd be singing a different tune right now

It sweeps lategame when scarfers and priority (not named scizor) is dead. But trust me, I have no room for mach punch.

I would definitely use Jirachi over Mespirit, the resistance to Dragon is very useful, even without Mence there are still things like Flygon, Kingdra and Dragonite who can rip holes in teams if there aren't things to resist outrage.

I already switched to skarm, but if that isn't working, than I'l try this

I would also replace Heracross with Breloom, the SD variant, I've been playing around with it a bit and its amazing. In case you aren't aware here is the set.

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~Spore
    ~Mach Punch
    ~Seed Bomb / Stone Edge
    ~Swords Dance

Basically, spore on the first turn, usually they will switch, use Swords Dance, then just spam Mach Punch or Seed Bomb/Stone Edge. It gets an attack stat of 1024 factoring in Life Orb after 1 Swords dance and a +2 Mach Punch will always OHKO Heatran. The choice of Seed Bomb or Stone Edge is what you fear more. Flyers or Grass-types. A +2 SE will OHKO defensive Celebi and Shaymin, but will only 2HKO Gliscor, whereas a +1 Seed Bomb will OHKO every Gyarados set except for the RestTalker set, and will OHKO Gliscor, but you leave yourself vulnerable to Zapdos, Celebi and other stuff that resists Grass-type attacks.
    Sounds interesting, sleep would be nice, and this does not look like a bad replacement.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it going :)

Back