• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team! (Be nice, I'm still kinda new to this XD)

Charzy12

Doesn't afraid of anything.
Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    So I've been using this team for a little bit now, but I'm starting to notice it has some problems, especially with Bullet Punching Scizors, which is pretty much all of them XD. My team right now is:

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    Speed Boost
    EV: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe

Substitute
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    X-Scissor

Gallade @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Inner Focus
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Psycho Cut

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Sand Veil
    EV: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe

Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Roost
    U-Turn

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Liquid Ooze
    EV: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

Toxic Spikes
    Surf
    Rapid Spin
    Sludge Bomb

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    Pressure
    EV: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

Pursuit
    Ice Shard
    Low Kick
    Night Slash

And Finally, the tweak I just made to help deal with Scizors:

Heatran @ life orb
    Naive Nature
    Flash Fire
    EV: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Flamethrower
    Earth Power
    Hidden Power Grass
    Explosion

The idea is to have Ninjask Baton Pass speed and attack to Gallade and then have him sweep from there. Gliscor is acting as a physical wall and stealth rock user, while Tentacruel takes special hits and lays down Toxic Spikes if the gets the chance. Weavile is a revenge killer and can deal with Dragons quite well.

What do you guys think?

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years

• Okay, my thoughts. Protect works better on Ninjask I think, because you still lose health from sub. Gallade is fine, but I'd recommend Adamant Nature.Weavile doesn't need Night Slash, cause by the looks of it it's a revenge killer. I'd say to switch that for something else. I'd think about changing your Gliscor's EV's... I dunno.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Taunt > Passing Ninjask. You get awfully screwed if someone Taunts you, which most leads run. Maybe you could just go Swords Dance + Sash and, even if they taunt you, manage to get an SD and hope that they're of the type that you can land a solid hit on with X-Scissor (ie. Not Aero, Heatran)...or, you could switch Ninjask lower down your team so you can get it out on something you can set up on (ie. anything without phazing/priority).

Superpower or Brick Break > Low Kick on Weavile and probably replace Night Slash, and put Fire Blast on Heatran, because the extra power helps.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Keep Jolly nature on Gallade because you are not running Shadow Sneak. Your Weavile set is fine if you are going for the revenge killing/check set. The standard is Pursuit, Ice Shard, Low Kick and your choice between Ice Punch and Night Slash.

If you are passing SD's ad Speed Boosts to Gallade then don't bother running SD on that too (perhaps Night Slash or Shadow Sneak). You should be at +1 or 2 Speed and Attack by then you are fine to sweep. Scizor rains on your parade though.

Charzy12

Doesn't afraid of anything.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    I figured if Ninjask had Substitute, he could hopefully pass one off to Gallade, so he doesn't get hit on the switch. Protect and Sash is a good idea though, I'll have to give that a try.

The reason Gallade still has SD on his set is so that just in case Ninjask can't pass his boosts for some reason, then Gallade can find a moment to give himself an SD. But I'm gonna try replacing it with Shadow Sneak and giving him an Adamant nature.

Is the extra power of Fire Blast worth the chance to miss on Heatran? I was just worried about him missing at a crucial moment, so I gave him Flamethrower.

Thanks so much for all the help!

Back