• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU RMT

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Hey look, another one. Anyway, I've been working on a fairly decent UU team that's actually won me a few matches (I'm 15-5, not counting internet disconnects :|). So give me some rates and suggestions, please. I'm not good enough to really look at my team and understand the weaks it has aside from typing.. but eh. Anyway, I'd appreciate it.

AT A GLANCE

Spr_b_g4_211.png
    Spr_b_g4_229_m.png
    Spr_b_g4_442.png
    Spr_b_g4_003_m.png
    Spr_b_g4_106.png
    Spr_b_g4_377.png

211.png

Qwikes (Qwilfish) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Poison Point
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Explosion
    - Taunt
    - Waterfall
    - Spikes

D_A has converted me. This Qwil set is godly, really. It can set up at least a layer of spikes on almost every lead, and stops set-ups on other slower leads with taunt. It's pretty awesome.

How this fares vs. top ten leads:

AMBIPOM - usually I switch to spiritomb to take the fake out and deal hefty damage with pursuit on the u-turn
    UXIE - spikes set-up bait lol
    MESPRIT - usually runs a set very similar to uxie, therefore usually spikes bait
    ALAKAZAM - switch to spiritomb to take the anticipated psychic & pursuit it to hell; occasionally it gets screens up on that switch but that hasn't really bothered me to this point
    OMASTAR - taunt bait, usually (i've seen a few run earth power)
    KABUTOPS - haven't faced yet, but i'd probably taunt to prevent sr and then spikestack
    MOLTRES - again, haven't faced but i don't see it as a problem
    HIPPOPOTAS - lol
    ELECTRODE - a bit more of a prediction game; it's either going to taunt me or use rain dance, so I usually waterfall it in either case and predict afterwards accordingly
    CLOYSTER - taunt then spikestack

Basically, Qwil wins against every other spikestacking lead. :>

229.png

Houndoom (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Atk/180 Spd/76 SAtk
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Crunch
    - Overheat
    - Pursuit
    - Sucker Punch

Mixdoom is spectacular. I mean, seriously, people switch special walls into this and it eats them like its nothing. Overheat mauls anything lacking a Fire resist or Flash Fire. Crunch is the staple move here, and it does pretty fantastically. :D

447.png

Spiritomb (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Trick
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Pursuit

This is one of my favorite Tomb sets. It breaks a lot of things with priority, Pursuit, or W-o-W. Trick is there for stat-uppers or walls. Uh, not much else to say, I guess. :|

3.png

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Sleep Powder

SubSeed Venu is pretty awesome. I can kind of play mind games with Sleep Powder and Substitute and it's neat. I'm not one for words, really. :(

The only thing I've run into that beats this are things with sub that are faster (namely moltres, toxicroak). :(

106.png

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Limber
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Mach Punch

Lee has really good synergy with Spiritomb and Houndoom. His best switch-ins tend to be ghost types (mostly mismagius and rotom) and tomb and doom can trap and destroy those. It's easier to switch in houndoom on these guys, as the Flash Fire boost helps him quite a bit. XD

377.png

Regirock @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/220 SAtk
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Explosion

I love Regirock. It usually ends up taking a hit from a Pokemon like Moltres or Milotic and then *boom* they're gone.

Honestly I would expand more but I'm short on time and my stomach hurts so yeah. If you need more specification later I could probably provide it, but I don't know what to say unless asked a question, really. Anyway, rate please. :>

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Looks like a cute team, as you know, I don't play UU, but I would run Fire Blast instead of Overheat on Houndoom, it allows you to bluff a Nasty Plot set, which can help catch stuff off guard.

I can't think of anything else to say though.

inb4 D_A suggests his Qwil set.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Looks like a cute team, as you know, I don't play UU, but I would run Fire Blast instead of Overheat on Houndoom, it allows you to bluff a Nasty Plot set, which can help catch stuff off guard.

I can't think of anything else to say though.

inb4 D_A suggests his Qwil set.

Ah, yeah, I might try that. I like bluffing. :3

That's D_A's lead Qwil set. :D

Back