• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Video Game Quote game!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • This game is very simple! I will post a quote from any game of my choosing. The next poster will try and guess what game it is from, as well as post their own quote for the next poster! You can make your quote as hard or easy as you like! Just don't use google if someone posts a hard one!

Alrighty, now that the intro is over

"A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man!"

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • That one happens to be from Final Fantasy VII

Here is the one I will choose:

"You all know the mission, and what is at stake. I have come to trust each of you with my life - but I have also heard murmurs of discontent. I share your concerns. We are trained for espionage. We would be legends, but the records are sealed. Glory in battle is not our way. Think of our heroes: the Silent Step, who defeated a nation with a single shot. Or the Ever Alert, who kept armies at bay with hidden facts. These giants do not seem to give us solace here, but they are not all that we are. Before the network, there was the fleet. Before diplomacy, there were soldiers! Our influence stopped the rachni, but before that we held the line! Our influence stopped the krogan, but before that, we held the line! Our influence will stop Saren. In the battle today, we will hold the line!"

Years
  • Mass Effect is the origin of that quote.

"I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you; your past, your future. This is the way the world ends."

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I want to say Halo 3 - Gravemind?

This should be a hard one

"Alert, anticitizen one engaged. Vance Subprime engaged. Expunge. Mandate removal of active signature imprint. Cauterize and expunge."

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Half-Life 2!
    ..i don't remember which episode

"Show a human a little mercy and next thing you know, he thinks himself your equal!"

Okage

He who can defy Classifacation
    Years
  • I'm trying to remember if that was from DC Universe Online or from one of the Superman games. It's been a LONG time since I heard that quote.

Here's my quote;

"Why create, when it will only be destroyed? Why cling to life, knowing that you have to die? None of it will have meant anything once you do!

Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That's a line of Kefka's from Final Fantasy VI

For the next one:

"Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite...a lie will remain a lie."

Years
  • ^Devil May Cry? (Generalizing because I actually don't know the individual games)

"What'cha see is what'cha get! Just a guy who loves adventure!"

Years
  • Sonic from Sonic Adventure 2. I just remember he was talking to Shadow.

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

Okage

Years
  • I believe that is from Path of Exile. It was the description for the Facebreaker if I remember right.

Here's one;

"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will"

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Answer is hidden in tags since its a potential spoiler.

Spoiler:

This one should be easy enough for a lot of people.

"So here I am, at probably the worst school in the country. Whose alumni are nothing but arms dealers, serial killers and corporate lawyers. Real scum. And that old creep thinks he can tame me. We shall see, my friend. I only give people what they have coming to them."

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I am going to take a wild guess and say Bully

@Okage: yes, the last quote I did was from DC Universe Online

Now for the one I will do

"Uphold the principles of our order and all that for which we stand, never share our secrets nor divulge the true nature of our work. Do so, until death - whatever the cost. This is my new creed. I am Shay Patrick Cormac, Templar of the Colonial... of the American rite. I am an older man now, and perhaps wiser. A war and a revolution have ended, and another is about to begin. May the father of understanding guide us all."

Years
  • Assassin's fucking Creed Rogue! I just beat the game, but the "creed" and "Templar" gives it away too

"Har har. You're killing me, Joshua. Oh wait..."

Okage

Years
  • Oh man, The World Ends With You, one of the FIRST game's I've ever fully completed. (Take me from that hell...)

Here's mine;

"You who are a son of man, yet became the kind of Pandemonium...
    You desire to crush underfoot the old order and begin the new,
    forsaking His command passed down since the dawn of time.
    You have chose to revolt against the Lord.
    You and I are now enemies.
    If you truly wish to protect man, bear your burden and fight to the end...
    Until the day when fate chooses the one that shall survive..."

Okage

Years
  • @Judge Mandolore Shepard Nope, it was from SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked (It might have been in the original version as well, but I'm not going to play through THAT again.)

Your quote come from the Sage (I can't recall his name unfortunately) from Final Fantasy 4.

Here's one;

"Laughing is an important aspect of being the Overlord."

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • Hm, I have no idea, but i'm gonna guess.... Guild Wars 2??? (Probably wrong.)

(This quote is technically 2 from the same person in the same chat, just to make it easier.)

"However others see me, pariah or paragon, I am but myself... I walk the road I walk because it is mine to walk."

Back