• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Rocket's Return- An RMXP project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • STORY
    ~~~~~
    Kamon is a new Team Rocket Grunt, who has just finished his basic training and is ready to be deployed in the field. He is shipped away from the Rocket's Island Headquarters in the Erneil region to Pallet Town, of Kanto, and is told to disguise himself as a new trainer just beginning his journey. You will learn more of your mission as you progress through the game.
    When he arrives he finds no starter Pokemon left for him, three trainers: Red, Blue, and Green have already chosen them, so you steal an Eeevee and begin your journey...

FEATURES
    ~~~~~~~
    -Pokemon you catch will be transported to The Boss, so; you can't access them until a Waypoint
    -At certain Waypoints Grunts will offer you a choice of 3 Pokemon
    -You can steal Pokemon from people, if your theft meter is full, also the more you steal, the better you'll get and more often get away with it
    -You can dress in different clothes
    -Travel to Johto

SCREENS
    ~~~~~~

Redstv.png

Red never has to know...

gettownmap.png

Why call it a Town Map?

firstbattle.png

I know it's horrible, yet it should be good for now.

TEAM
    ~~~~
    -Storyliners: Yuoaman
    -Spriters: N/A
    -Coders: N/A
    -Mappers: Yuoaman

NEEDED
    ~~~~~
    I need:
    Coders
    Spriters

PROGRESS
    ~~~~~~~
    Mapping: 25%
    Events: 1%
    Story: 55%

GRAPHICAL REQUESTS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Could someone make charsetts for biking, running, and surfing for Kamon?

And could someone edit this to look like Kamon?
    goldsprites23jinew.png

NOTES
    ~~~~~
    *This game has officially started, as I've gotten permission.*

*The progress report is just my guesstimates, so they are not fully accurate.*

*I am looking for a team, so volunteers would be welcome.*

CREDITS
    ~~~~~~
    (If I've used anyones resources without crediting them, please mention it, and you will be added to this list.)

Last edited:

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
  • Nice Start.
    Like The Way Point Idea.
    Along With The Theft Meter.
    Very Nice.
    Keep It Up Yuoaman.
    I Got My Eyes On This =]

Yuoaman

Years
  • Dude... did you read my last post, this isn't anywhere close to being finished...

Right now I'm looking for a team to help.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Well, Acanthite was the first game to put Kamon in Team Rocket, so nyer :P Although you've put your own spin on it so that's ok.

Good luck with this. I think your interior maps need a little extra detail and a little less size so they look more like the official ones. Battle system's a fair start. Long way to go yet though, but keep working away ;)

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • This looks pretty good for 5 days old or something. I agree with Fangking Omega, you need a bit better house maps.

I am willing to help you with mapping. Before this gets to big can we please move this to rpgmaker2003? I just think that it is better than XP and much more flexible.

As I said, mapping i can do.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Can I just contradict you there? :P

RMXP is 100 times more flexible than RM2k3 as it gives you the ability to modify the scripts which is much more efficient than creating systems based on events. RM2k3 is not really designed to make an imitation of a Pokémon game.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Can I just contradict you there? :P

RMXP is 100 times more flexible than RM2k3 as it gives you the ability to modify the scripts which is much more efficient than creating systems based on events. RM2k3 is not really designed to make an imitation of a Pokémon game.

Thats if you can script, I can't, but i see your piont.
    Still, you can do anything will RM2K3 if you know how to use it, it just takes a while;).

And xp was not designed for recreating pokemon games or have i missed something?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Thats if you can script, I can't, but i see your piont.
    Still, you can do anything will RM2K3 if you know how to use it, it just takes a while;).

And xp was not designed for recreating pokemon games or have i missed something?

With XP's scripting function you can definitely create working Pokémon systems directly at the core of the game instead of a huge number of events, as I shall be set to prove very soon ;) I cannot script well either, but that isn't to say other people can't :P

So all in all, RMXP is the much better option as it's easily manipulated through script. I'd recommend this project continues to use it.

Yuoaman

Years
  • Sorry I haven't been on lately, but I am working on the game, and next time I'm on I'll post some screens.

Yuoaman

Years
  • Some new screens, to show we're still alive!

gtmusemu.png

Yay! A Museum!!

rcktbasecurln.png

What could he be guarding?

-And pyromaniacv3 what can you do, so I know if I'll need you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back