• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Video Game Music?

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2015
    Made a video of my favorites so everyone will be able to listen to it as opposed to a boring text where you can't hear it! What is everyone's favorite? Always good to hear other's peoples favorites! Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sadly, my Internet connection's sort of slow, so I can't load the video right now. Will try giving it a go once it speeds up!

As far as other Pokémon music go, I would say one of my most favorites would definitely have to be May and Brendan battle theme from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, for sure. I've enjoyed their original version a ton, and being able to hear it again with advanced quality, more instruments, and so forth feels great. They've done a great job on it, in my opinion.

Alongside that, I'm also a fan of Gym Leader theme from HeartGold and SoulSilver versions. It does have a bit of slow start, but things begin to pick up soon after, and when it does, the song winds up to be quite hyping, in a way! It's great.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I loved Sinnoh music. But all the games have good music.

Least favorite is Hoenn. The best songs in those games were the ones where there wasn't an overuse of trumpets.

(trumpets were conscious decision by GF btw, as I don't remember hearing them in the other GBA games I've played)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Definetely Mossdeep City music. I dunno, it's always been a favoite to me, always gets stuck in my head as well :D

pkmin3033

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm extremely fond of the original 8-bit soundtrack for R/B/Y and, to a slightly lesser extent, the music of G/S/C as well. Whilst the sound quality has improved significantly since then (excluding the GBA generation of music, which I loathed) the original soundtrack brings back an overwhelming wave of nostalgia, and sometimes simple is better. I've always had a thing for 8-bit music as well.

...that said, I am extremely fond of Cynthia's theme, and her battle theme. Nothing like a little piano to set the mood, and her battle theme seems more charged than others to my ears. I also liked the remix of Slateport City in ORAS...it's so Christmassy!

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2015
    Call me old-fashioned, but I'm extremely fond of the original 8-bit soundtrack for R/B/Y and, to a slightly lesser extent, the music of G/S/C as well. Whilst the sound quality has improved significantly since then (excluding the GBA generation of music, which I loathed) the original soundtrack brings back an overwhelming wave of nostalgia, and sometimes simple is better. I've always had a thing for 8-bit music as well.

...that said, I am extremely fond of Cynthia's theme, and her battle theme. Nothing like a little piano to set the mood, and her battle theme seems more charged than others to my ears. I also liked the remix of Slateport City in ORAS...it's so Christmassy!

I agree about the 8-bit soundtrack, they're def up there for me too!

Years
  • I like the G/S/C sound track, mainly because I grew up listening to it. Gen 4 is good, The battle theme to Cynthia is awesome. N's theme is also awesome to hear.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • From a couple of discussions with other members, I realize how amazing the route and certain city music from the pokemon games are! But in general, aaaah, I have so many. <33 Here is about 3 of my favourites:

BW - Route 10
    Spoiler:

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Cipher Peon Battle
    Spoiler:

Colress battle theme
    Spoiler:

Yeah, the tracks from Pokemon XD and Pokemon Colosseum are REALLY good. <33

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2015
    I like the G/S/C sound track, mainly because I grew up listening to it. Gen 4 is good, The battle theme to Cynthia is awesome. N's theme is also awesome to hear.

From a couple of discussions with other members, I realize how amazing the route and certain city music from the pokemon games are! But in general, aaaah, I have so many. <33 Here is about 3 of my favourites:

BW - Route 10
    Spoiler:

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Cipher Peon Battle
    Spoiler:

Colress battle theme
    Spoiler:

Yeah, the tracks from Pokemon XD and Pokemon Colosseum are REALLY good. <33

Great comments guys! Thanks for listing it out!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    First Elite Four to have its own theme? The first Pokemon track to make my heart race as a kid? Yes please. ♥

Years
  • My favorite soundtracks are from hoenn and johto due to nostalgic reasons.

I would love a new remake oh gsc (i know it won't happen in a short future) where you would have the option to choose 'remixed music' or 'classic music', it would be pretty cool for me because i really love gen II music

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    OR/AS has been my favourite soundtrack of the 'main' Pokemon games.
    Victory Road, Battle! (Super-Ancient Pokémon), Trick House, Trainers' eyes Meet (Hiker), Surf, Battle! (Team Aqua - Team Magma Leaders), The Soaring themes (I probably like the day one a little more), Sea Mauville (Abandoned Ship), Mt. Pyre, Sky Pillar

From FR/LG Soundtrack
    All the 'Road to ...' tracks, Pokemon Gym (This is my favourite one from any soundtrack), Lavander Town, Oak's Laboratory

HG/SS

Union Cave, Azalea Town, Goldenrod Game Corner (GB Sounds Version), Burned Tower, Ice Path, Celadon City, Trainers' Eyes Meet (Suspicious Figure 2), The Pokémon League, Battle! (Champion). Shinto Ruins and Battle! (Rival) I liked a bit too

From D/P/P

Love Route 201 (Day/Night), Game Corner, Looker Theme (wasn't in D/P Soundtrack). I can't remember any tracks I disliked from this but there wasn't many that I loved, all of the route and town/city themes are nice, the Battle! (Trainer Battle) is possibly my favourite of any of the games.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Of course I have notable favorites based on the games, but I'll just focus on ORAS for now...

And I have to say it may have beaten HGSS for my favorite soundtrack. First off...Zinnia's battle theme may very well be the best battle theme I ever heard in the series up to this point. Wally's battle theme being so guitar heavy is nice change of pace too. The Team Aqua/Magma themes, the EPIC FRONTIER BRAIN REMIX as well...yeah ORAS really outdid itself in the music department.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • HG SS- Ice Path- it sounds so cool and mysterious, Buena's Password, really catchy. Global Terminal, It's really catchy, gets me in the mood for thinking what Pokemon the Hetalia characters would use
    Gen V- N's Castle, They really went all out on this song it sounds so Gothic, it is simply brilliant . Lookers theme- The best reward for sage hunting in Black was to hear this catchy song, gets me in the mood for Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Undersea Ruins- A very appropriate song for exploring under the sea, it reminds me of Ever 17 (a visual novel)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Tracks that I'll never get bored of:

RBY: Trainer, Gym Leader

GSC: Violet City
    HGSS: Game Corner

RSE/ORAS: Trick House
    RSE: Elite Four, Gym Leader, Route 113, Mt. Chimney, Frontier Brain
    ORAS: Champion, Route 110, Route 112, Rustboro, Victory Road

DPPt: Mt. Coronet Upper, Oreburgh Night, Champion Cynthia Piano (before battle)

BW/BW2: Victory Road (seriously, best in the series)
    BW: Sky Arrow Bridge, Let's Go Together (I can't find this track in HQ anywhere), ALL routes, Village Bridge
    BW2: Virbank Complex

XY: ALL routes

These are my absolute standouts, but I like them all.

Back