• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm going to watch the entire anime... someday...

as of now I've seen all of Unova, most of seasons 1-8, and all the movies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I got to uh, Johto, and I just had to stop u_u idk why but I just got tired of Ash xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
The movies are an absolute nostalgic blast. Currently downloading now.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I stopped watching the anime YEARS ago. Probably not gonna bother catching up, to be honest.

The movies are an absolute nostalgic blast. Currently downloading now.

So true. That nostalgia is something I love feeling. Sucks that I don't really feel it with the newer movies.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I got tired of the anime after Kanto xD I saw part of the Black and White saga but got bored yet again.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I prefer more mature anime... that's why I struggle so much with Pokemon.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I have two favorite movies. Scott Pilgrim vs the World (obvious reasons are obvious) and Brazil, one of those movies that is just interesting from beginning to end and has a twist that even makes M. Night ShamalamaIneverrememberhowtospellhisname gasp.

The Pokemon movies still kinda hold up. They hold up alot better then some kids movies I've seen with now freshly adult eyes. (I'm looking at you Power Rangers and Beyblade)

OH MAH GOD have you guys seen Dale and Tucker vs. Evil? :D

I really don't like horror movies, but the unique mix of comedy and violence just made it so fun to watch. Only horror movie I've liked in a long time.

Not to mention Alan Tudyk as Tucker... loving Firefly made him grow on me no matter what role he does <3.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont hate it, it's just kind of boring and I'm tired of Ash, his repeated noobishness and Pikachu ^^; I like other anime myself more.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'll never ever understand the logic behind Pikachu's strength.

-beats Latios in finals of whatever league.
-loses to a starter in the next leg of the journey.

Well, someone got rusty really fast.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Worst movie I've ever seen was The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

Oh my god did I hate that movie.
Oh God, that was the worst movie I ever saw. Like ever. D:
OMG I really want to watch the Mewtwo movies now ;-; but they're on VHS and we not longer have a VCR so no way to watch them. I also really want to watch Pokemon: The Movie 2000 as that movie basically got me interested in the games(cause of Lugia being awesome)
[cough]free hosting[/cough]
I'll never ever understand the logic behind Pikachu's strength.

-beats Latios in finals of whatever league.
-loses to a starter in the next leg of the journey.

Well, someone got rusty really fast.
Not just Pikachu, Ash like had amnesia or something. The dude killed Gym Leaders, riled up trainers and even friggin defeated two of Tobias' Legendary Pokemon in the Lily Cove Valley Conference, then he heads to Unova and forgets that he has to battle a Pokemon before catching it. Like... wat. >_>

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Pokémon is like phone plans - it's lots of fun when you first do it, but then the company screws us older fans over with new stuff to attract new customers. It's like, WTF Nintendo, I've been a fan since like 2002! D:

Crux

Evermore
Years
I only ever watched until a thirdway into Hoenn, and it was rarely even then.
The first movies/seasons are way better.

Meh, I really gotta hand it to whoever made that new Dcc rule... you just killed this thread for me.
Because now you can't just walk in and talk to people, which essentially outlaws the best part of it. You people and your conformity. :T

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I really liked the Advanced Gen the most. Why? As far as the main hero goes, he was by far the most matured during that season--he built up experience from previous seasons, and APPLIED it in ADV and DP.

My guess is he probably got washed up at sea in Unova from a boat wreck in the Orange Islands, where his memory was magically erased by a mysterious beast of the sea. ;D *shot*

Last edited by a moderator:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The whole point of a DCC is to follow the flow of the topic and if it dies, start a new one. Or, answer the topic and then try to start another. Don't just post...

hey guys what's up dcc?

That's spam and completely unacceptable! I report all of ye.

---

back on topic -- can I watch the Pokemon movies without following the anime?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When the Unova anime first came out I watched the first few episodes in Japanese. It was alright, but not good enough to follow on my own :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Wow look at the ridiculous rudeness going on in here. I'm really getting tired of senseless claims that newer gens are ruining things for the older fans, because wow. I've been a fan since 1998, and Pokémon continues to be pretty damn good.

@Mac: The movies are pretty much a separate thing from the main anime, so yeah you can totally do that.

@Toujours: It got better. Oh my goodness, it so got better.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

You definitely can! I actually saw the Advance Generation, Diamond & Pearl, and Best Wishes arc movies before I caught up on the anime lmao.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
The whole point of a DCC is to follow the flow of the topic and if it dies, start a new one. Or, answer the topic and then try to start another. Don't just post...

hey guys what's up dcc?

That's spam and completely unacceptable! I report all of ye.

---

I would think so. They don't follow the same plot as the show, unless you're wondering where and how Ash got a certain Pokemon or something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There was only one claim of that Anna! :( People are allowed to be bored with/criticize the anime.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
People are allowed to have opinions, yeah, but it irritates me that those derisive opinions are spread everywhere with no actual reasoning behind them. And that particular one was encompassing more than the anime, which yes, does get boring and stale at times. And the rudeness part was alluding to more than just terribly executed criticisms of Pokémon, although probably rudeness was not the correct word and I should have just stuck with 'ridiculousness'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back