• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • Plz tell me you're joking. I get people who say they got their shiny in the first 30 eggs and then there's you and others. What kind of bell curve is this :P. Should I just give up after the first 100 eggs and try another pokemon? Cause that seems like the logical choice imo.
    Afraid not, I got my first MM shiny in the 193rd egg, then the onix in the 1,982nd egg. Most of the people getting shinies in eggs are low numbers because after a while people give up after a few hundred eggs, so you get a ton of people getting them in a few eggs and hear of virtually nobody getting them in 500+ eggs, purely because people don't stick with it! I say you just carry on if you want that particular pokemon to be shiny! :)

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
  • This is my first time MMing for a shiny eevee. So far, I find it relatively easy, as I can multitask while breeding. I'm about 3 boxes now and still going strong. If anybody has a good foreign Eevee (or ditto) with high IV stats, willing to trade (I will give it back afterwards), I would be really appreciative. n__n ~

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    As I am typing this my shiny eevee jumped out of the egg, lol.. so lucky. Took me about 100 eggs i guess. My shiny beldum jumped out of the first egg i made and my shiny growlithe took round about 20 eggs.
    On the other side, I've been walking around in the safari for hours... without any success. I would say MM is still better.

Pr3

Years
  • As I am typing this my shiny eevee jumped out of the egg, lol.. so lucky. Took me about 100 eggs i guess. My shiny beldum jumped out of the first egg i made and my shiny growlithe took round about 20 eggs.
    On the other side, I've been walking around in the safari for hours... without any success. I would say MM is still better.

I'd play the lottery next.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    @Pr3

Took a break from breeding and decided to give chaining with pokeradar a chance, wound up with a Shiny flabebe with perfect SP.A and SP.Def. I'll try MM again in the future but for now I'm good. :)

Now I need some sleep. XD

I know this will probably sound dumb but how do you do the Masuda Method.
    Can someone Please Explain to me how to do it?

Sorta new to it as well. I'm pretty sure it's just breeding a pokemon from your game with one that's foreign. Look for a black tag next to a pokemon's name to be sure it's foreign.

Pr3

Years
  • Foreign and in another language. AUS & US Pokemon don't work.

@GX-R

I've been trying. Give up after 15 ish. I watched a video of a guy do it, and he just kept resetting his radar until it was in one good spot each time. 3-5 hr ordeal. 40min video and in the end.. he didn't even show if he got a shiny. :P

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • As I am typing this my shiny eevee jumped out of the egg, lol.. so lucky. Took me about 100 eggs i guess. My shiny beldum jumped out of the first egg i made and my shiny growlithe took round about 20 eggs.

I went through 1900 Honedge eggs before I gave up. Hearing this makes me want to punch a wall repeatedly.

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    I just got a shiny ekans after just over 180 eggs :) wasn't even expecting it (I am using MM though) as I'm just hatching them as they currently get just about ANYTHING on the GTS lol XD

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Got my shiny Klefki, not sure how many eggs it took as I was conserving space but I'd estimate between 40-70 eggs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    I'm using this method with a Japanese Eevee and one of my Modest Eevee's with an everstone. To be honest a little worried the everstone could slow the process up. One of my friends got two shinies fairly quickly without an everstone, while my friend using an everstone went through 17 boxes of the Pokemon she wanted and had nothing. She only got her Pokemon because the friend gave it to her as he was helping her.
    It is just coincidence or should I take the everstone off?

I'm going for a shiny Sylveon. I already have the normal pink Sylveon which I love but I really want the shiny one.

I think once I get my shiny eevee I am done shining hunting. Luckily the coin method and going in circles in Lumiose City Helps.

Honestly I am motivated to keep trying because my friends got shinies but worried does the everstone cut my chances in X and Y?

HUF_DBC

I've been trying to MM breed for a shiny charmander (about 1000 eggs) and I'm losing my mind! I have no idea how people can go up to 5000

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I'm also on the hunt for a shiny Honedge. I've probably hatched 4 boxes of eggs. I was using a German Ditto with an American Honedge. I just switched over to a Japanese Honedge with an American Honedge.

Don't know if the ditto was working. Decided to switch things up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    I don't know how people can do it that long either! Are you using an everstone? I'm wondering if people who are using everstones will have a longer wait than those who aren't? Or is it all chance?

Don't get me wrong I know it's satisfying when you've worked really hard to get your shiny but it's like ugh I just want a different coloured Pokemon already!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Trying for shiny Spheal. Why Spheal? Because it's foreign and no one on the GTS offers a foreign Ditto for a reasonable Pokemon. :/

Back