• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Various Shadow Pokemon troubles in Double Battles

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2020
So I'm trying to make a game in the same style as the Gamecube Pokemon games, where every battle is a double battle and you can snag enemy Pokemon. I've run into a few troubles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_xQleYIgg&feature=youtu.be

I recorded some of the strange happenings that I've been having trouble with. Basically, catching a Shadow Pokemon in double battles causes various effects that change depending on certain things (which position the caught Pokemon was in, how many Pokemon the opponent has remaining, whether I was using Elite Battle System or the default one)

Anyone willing to shed some light on this?

I'm bad at explaining this, so if you need any more info, please tell me. {XD}

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2020
Upon further testing, it seems to only appear when you snag a Shadow Pokemon from a Trainer defined as a double battle against a single trainer. If there are two seperate Trainers fought at the same time, the error doesn't occur.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
That's a known bug. A fix will be in the next version of Essentials.

Back