• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Defenders of Spirit

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    The game Pokemon Mystery Dungeons is owned by Nintendo and Gamefreak
    All Pokemon are owned by Nintendo and Gamefreak

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Defenders of Spirit Chapter 1​

Cameron woke up. The first thing he saw was trees. "Where am I?" he thought to himself. He looked around. Nothing, except a green tail behind a rock. His curious mind took him to where it was. Behind the rock was a Snivy. "What! A pokemon!" Cameron shouted. His shouting woke up the snivy. "Uh, what!" said the snivy. "And it talks!!!" Cameron was in more disbelief. "What! An Oshawott!" yelled the snivy. At that point, Cameron recognized the voice. "Savannah?" he asked. Savannah was Cameron's best friend. "What? How did you know my name?" asked the snivy. "Savannah, it's me, Cameron," "Cameron! Oh my gosh is that you!?" Savannah said, still shocked. "Well yeah! Don't you recognize me?" replied Cameron. "Well, not really. You..." Savannah hesitated. "I'm what?" asked Cameron. "Well, you're an Oshawott," And when Savannah said that, Cameron froze. "O-O-Oshawott? How could I be an Oshawott?" Cameron was even more surprised. First he found himself in the middle of nowhere. Then he finds his best friend in the same spot as a snivy. And now he finds out that he is a pokemon. "Well, Savannah. You're a pokemon too," said Cameron. "What! So we're both pokemon!" Cameron nodded at Savannah's comment. "But that's impossible. Pokemon don't exist! Pokemon is just supposed to be a video game!" Savannah was freaking out. "Savannah, calm down! You might attract attention!" said Cameron, not trying to freak out himself. Then there was a rustle in the bushes. "What's that?" Savannah said quietly. An axew came out of the bushes. "Hello? was anybody yelling?" Then the axew saw Cameron and Savannah. "Whoa! Pokemon!," said the axew coming closer. Again, Cameron recognized the axew's voice as on of his friend's. "Adam?!" "What? was that you," "It's me, Cameron, and Savannah." Adam stared in disbelief that his friends had turned into pokemon. "You guys turned into pokemon too?" said Adam. "Well, yes. We were surprised too," said Savannah. "Well, I found a town. We could find refuge there since none of know what we are doing," said Adam. "Well, we should get going," said Cameron.

10 minutes later

Cameron looked up. The giant bright moon lit up the sky. What a big moon, he thought. "Ahh!" there was a scream. "Lets go!" said Adam. "Wait, hold up," said Cameron. "What!" said Adam, impatiently.
    "Where's Savannah?"

Last edited:

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • PLEASE WRITE MORE!
    That really intrigued me! I never thought of what would happen if multiple friends were in the Mystery Dungeon world together! And the cliffhanger!
    Write on, hoennstarter!

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • Kind of ironic that your username is hoennstarter but you're writing about unova starters XD

super interesting concept, though! it would be pretty cool for a group of friends to be in the mystery dungeon setting. can't wait to find out what happens next :)

one thing: at the moment, your story is a total "wall of text", making it hard to read. it'd be a lot easier on the eyes if you formatted it a little differently, eg:
    ("Savannah, calm down! You might attract attention!" said Cameron, not trying to freak out himself.

Then there was a rustle in the bushes.

"What's that?" Savannah said quietly.)

also, what was happening during those ten minutes? were they walking towards the town? you could include a little more detail in your story

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Defenders of Spirit Chapter 2

Adam and Cameron looked around. They couldn't see Savannah anywhere. "Ahh!!" came the scream again. "Lets go!" said Cameron. "Right!" replied Adam. The two ran to the scene. When they got there, they saw three pokemon. A woobat and a pikachu. Between them was Savannah. "So thats where she went!" remarked Adam. The woobat attacked Savannah. Savannah didn't do anything. Neither did the pikachu. "Savannah! Attack!" yelled Cameron. All three pokemon turned toward them. "Great going Cameron. Now that woobat is probably going to attack us!" said Adam in an angry-ish voice. The woobat started moving toward Cameron and Adam. "How do you attack?" asked Cameron, who was starting to freak out once the woobat got closer. "I don't know... maybe, uh, say the attack! And think it?" said Adam. Cameron tried Adam's suggestion. "Water Gun!!!" yelled Cameron. All of a sudden, water shot out of Cameron's mouth uncontrollably. He couldn't aim so the water accidentally hit Adam. "OW! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR!!!" yelled Adam, angrily.
    Cameron couldn't talk because water was uncontrollably shooting out of his mouth. Cameron tried to aim at the woobat. The blast of water got one of the woobat's wings before stoping. When it stopped, Cameron lay down. He was coughing and hacking and gasping for air. "Never again!" Cameron uttered between breaths.
    "Vine Whip!" yelled Savannah. Her attack then became out of control too. Savannah's vines were going everywhere, tangling her up in the process. "Ugh! How do you control these things!!!" Savannah uttered. "Haha! Pathetic!" screeched the woobat. "Um, Iron Tail!" the pikachu finally spoke. Her tail then became metal colored. She slammed her tail on the woobat. The pikachu seemed surprised when her tail landed smack dab on the woobat, and landed a critical hit. The woobat then left. "That's strange, it couldn't have been that easy of a defeat, could it?" Adam asked himself. By then, the vines untangled Savannah and Cameron had gotten up. "Ugh, it would've been easier if we knew how to attack," said Savannah." "Yeah, how do you attack?" Cameron asked the pikachu. "Well, I don't know exactly." replied the pikachu. "Well that doesn't help. What's your name?" asked Cameron again. "Oh, I'm Lydia." said the pikachu. "Lydia! Oh my gosh, you too!" said Adam.
    Lydia looked confused. "What?"
    "Well, it's us, Adam, Cameron, and Savannah," explained Adam.
    "You guys turned into pokemon too!?" remarked Lydia.
    "Apparently," Savannah replied.
    Then, in the middle of the darkness, the night suddenly turned to day. "What the heck?" remarked Cameron. "Night doesn't just turn to day like that."
    "Well maybe to pokemon, the night is fast. Or maybe-" Savannah hesitated to think of another reason.
    "Yeah, I have nothing," she concluded. "Well, we better get going," said Adam. "We better get going to the town." Then the four of them started to walk toward the town.

Last edited:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Ahh interesting concept. Im guessing this is based of of the logic from GTI but adding a group instead of just "you" is a cool idea :) im glad i accidentally clicked on this xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Defenders of Spirit Chapter 3​

Cameron, Adam, Savannah, and Lydia were now getting close to the town. "This is the path I remember waking up in," said Adam. The four of them could now see a fork in the road. "You never told us Lydia, but what happened when you woke up?" asked Savannah.
    "Oh, well I woke up in front of this huge, random, ice chunk standing out of the ground, so that's how I found out I was a pikachu, then it disappeared," replied Lydia.
    "Like, it melted?" said Cameron.
    "No, it just disappeared. Then that woobat appeared, and then you guys showed up," Lydia continued.
    "That's weird, huge ice chunks aren't found in forests like that. Plus, it just disappeared," exclaimed Savannah. The four of them approached the the two-way road. "This way," said Adam pointing. Cameron caught a glimpse of the sign that pointed in the direction that they were walking. Post Town. Cameron thought he had heard that name from somewhere but didn't know where, so he kept on walking. The four then finally entered the town. Pokemon were everywhere. In shops, talking, running around, acting human. "You think our whole neighborhood turned into pokemon?," asked Lydia. "Doubt it, knowing humans, they wouldn't be acting this normal," replied Adam. Then they heard a loud yell. "HELLO NEW TRAVELERS!!!!! Welcome to the Kecleon Shop! If you want any goods, this is the place!" Yelled the Kecleon. Adam spoke up.
    "Sorry, but we don't have any money,"
    The kecleon's facial expression then turned from happy to suspicious. When that happened, Cameron became uncomfortable.
    "Uh, I think we should go now..." he said, slowly walking away. His friends followed him. Then Adam bursted his way in front of Cameron. "This way!" said Adam. His friends followed him into what looked like a half restaurant half motel building. The four entered and saw more pokemon. Behind a counter was a Swanna. "Woah, daja vu," thought Cameron. He thought he had seen this all before.
    "Hey Savannah," asked Cameron.
    "Yes Cameron,"
    "Does this seem familiar to you at all?" he asked
    "I know what you mean, but I can't remember where this has happened before?" replied Savannah.
    "Lets just try to act normal until we figure it out,"
    Cameron nodded. Being her best friend, he knew her advice was the one to follow. He knew that if he didn't, he would get in trouble, and Savannah would have to get him out of the situation. But how would she get him out of this? Then the four of them heard running. Adam looked out the entrance only to be greeted by being tackled by a Tepig. "Ugh..." The tepig and Adam groaned. Then a few more pokemon showed up through the entrance. An Emolga, Dunsparce, and a shiny Eevee. "Haha, Talon. When will you learn to watch your surroundings?" said the Emolga.
    "Talon?!" yelled Lydia.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Defenders of Spirit Chapter 4​

The Tepig looked up curiously at Lydia. "Do I know you?" he asked. Realizing her mistake, Lydia quickly corrected herself.
    "Nope, I don't know you at all. Bye now," and with that, she quickly left the restaurant. The Tepig had gotten off of Adam and looked out the entrance of the restaurant. The pikachu was gone. Adam then got up and ran out of the restaurant, probably looking for Lydia. The Tepig then turned towards Cameron and Savannah.
    "Do you know what that's all about?" he asked. The two looked at each other. Cameron knew by Savannah's facial expression that she didn't want either of them to tell the truth. So they just looked at the Tepig and shook their heads. "Oh, well ok then," said the Tepig. He then turned to talk to them again.
    "Your not from around here are you? My name's Talon. Nice to meet you," Talon said happily.
    The name was familiar to Savannah and Cameron. Talon had also been a friend of their's in the human world. Then Savannah spoke up.
    "Thanks, but we really have to go," she said, grabbing Cameron's hand and running out the restaurant. She let out a sigh of relief when she and Cameron were out.
    Back at the restaurant, Talon and the three other pokemon, Emolga, Dunsparce, and a Shiny Eevee looked out the entrance curiously. Then turned back and started heading to one of the tables in the restaurant. "That was strange," said Dunsparce. "Yeah, those pokemon seem suspicious," said Emolga. "Even more suspicious than Virizion,"
    "Oh come on Emolga, we all know you don't hate Virizion anymore," said the shiny Eevee.
    "Hey, we were talking about those pokemon, not my rivalry against Virizion!" said Emolga angrily.
    Emolga and the shiny Eevee were bickering for a while. Dunsparce was just sitting there when he looked over at Talon.
    "What's wrong Talon, you seem down," said Dunsparce.
    Talon just looked at Dunsparce. "That pikachu. Her voice seemed familiar," replied Talon.

Meanwhile, at the path just out side of Post Town, Savannah and Cameron caught up to Adam and Lydia. Lydia was just standing there. Adam behind her. Lydia seemed sad. "What's wrong?" asked Savannah. Lydia turned around to look at Savannah.
    "If that was Talon, then I have to go back," replied Lydia.
    "No Lydia, if you tell any pokemon that your human, then you might attract attention," said Adam.
    Lydia knew he was right. She started to cry. Lydia cared a lot for Talon. In fact, in the human world, Talon and Lydia were boyfriend and girlfriend. Adam didn't like to see his friends be sad, so he looked around for anything that could help. Then he caught glimpse of another sign pointing away from Post Town. This one said Paradise.
    "Hey, maybe this will cheer you up, a PARADISE!!!!" Adam said excitedly. Savannah, Cameron, and Lydia started to follow Adam to this "Paradise." The first thing they saw when they entered were three tents and a board. One tent had a Gurdurr and two Timburr. Another one was blue and almost looked like the head of a Quagsire. In front of it was a Quagsire. The third tent looked the the head of a Scraggy. In front of it was a Scraggy. And by the board was an Azumarill. The four just kept on walking straight. They then came upon a house.
    "Woah, that is an awesome house," thought Cameron. The four then kept on walking. Then there was another sign that said Welcome to Paradise. They had made it. They saw shops, dojos, crops, and other facilities.
    "Well, which one should we try first?" asked Adam.
    At that point, Lydia heard a very beautiful sound. She looked and found that a Meloetta had been singing.
    "Over here, lets go!" and with that, Lydia ran towards the Meloetta. The other three caught up. They listened to Meloetta's soothing tune. Lydia felt so relaxed.

While the four of them were listening to Meloetta, something strange was going on at a nearby dojo.
    A Roggenrola and a Zebstrika were having an argument.

Roggenrola: I told you, you can't train here

Zebstrika: Why not!

Roggenrola: Because this is a Rock type dojo

Zebstrika: So?

Roggenrola: So, you're an electric type

Zebstrika: So I'm an electric type. That doesn't change the fact that I'm gonna train here

And with that, the Zebstrika let out a huge flame charge that happened to hit Lydia, which sent her bumping into Meloetta.
    "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!!!!" yelled Lydia. The Zebstrika looked at the little pikachu.
    "Oh look, a party crasher," said the Zebstrika. The pokemon around Lydia looked at her in an angry way.
    "You interrupted my concert on PURPOSE!!!" yelled the Meloetta.
    "No, you don't understand, it was-," began Lydia but Meloetta cut here off with a Psychic.
    "You ruined my concert and now you will PAY!!!!" she yelled, moving Lydia with psychic and dropped her on top of a shop, breaking the shop. Adam ran over to Lydia.
    "Are you alright?" he asked.
    Lydia just coughed.
    "Come on, lets get out of here," Adam said, picking up Lydia. Savannah and Cameron followed them. Meloetta saw them leaving. "Oh no, I'm not done with you!" she said following the four. They ran until they got to the part with the buildings and the board. Gurdurr was blocking the way.
    "What's going on! What was all of that noise?" he asked.
    Meloetta replied "The pikachu destroyed my concert,"
    Gurdurr looked down at Lydia in Adam's arms. "Well, you criminals will get a lesson, QUAGSIRE!!!" yelled Gurdurr.
    Adam then turned to Savannah. "Take her and run," Adam gave Lydia to Savannah.
    "Hey Gurdurr!" yelled Adam. Gurdurr then turned to Adam. while Gurdurr was distracted, Savannah and Cameron ran. They got to the path heading out of Paradise. They stopped. Which way would they go? Post Town or the middle of nowhere? Then Quagsire appeared behind them. "You won't be going anywhere you hmmm criminals!" he yelled. Just then, they all heard a rustle in the bushes. In a split second, a Pawniard jumped out and grabbed Savannah. Savannah dropped Lydia in the process.
    "Don't move or I'll cut your friend," said the Pawniard. Cameron stood next to Lydia, laying on the ground. He looked around him. Quagsire didn't move an inch and a Pawniard was holding his friend hostage. "Let her go!" yelled Cameron.
    "Or what?" asked the Pawniard. "You don't know how to attack. None of your friends do,"
    Cameron and Savannah were shocked at Pawniard's reply.
    "H-how do you know that?" Cameron asked. Pawniard then looked deeply at Cameron.
    "My partner of course. Come on, partner, don't be shy," said Pawniard and with that, a Woobat came out of the bushes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Defenders of Spirit Chapter 5​

"What!!! You were spying on us!!!" yelled Cameron. Woobat and Pawniard gave an evil stare.
    "It's not just me and Pawniard, come out Zebstrika!" yelled Woobat.
    Zebstrika jumped over Quagsire and next to Pawniard. "Our plan started ever since we were disbanded," started Woobat. "The Pawniard brothers were the leaders of our group, but we were disbanded when the brothers were attacked by some pokemon," Then Pawniard started talking.
    "My brother and most of our group was convinced that instead of doing bad for pokemon, they wanted to help pokemon. So they left, except for me, Woobat, and Zebstrika," said Pawniard. Zebstrika spoke up.
    "We then had to leave our hideout, to hide our trace just incase those pokemon ever came back," Zebstrika finished.
    Woobat started again. "So we were walking in the forest when we heard some talking, we looked to see two pokemon. One of them was her," Woobat said, pointing a wing toward Lydia. But Cameron was confused. Lydia was with another pokemon? Or was it a... human?
    Pawniard started talking again. "We didn't want to miss this opportunity to, you know, take them, and make them part of us. Brainwash, you could say. That's when Fletchling appeared. She told us that if we took them hostage and tried to make them part of our team, it would take years," Pawniard ended.
    Zebstrika spoke again. "She told us that she had a hideout, and that she would help us take them to her base and have some psychic types do the brain washing, that's when Woobat and Fletchling attacked,"
    Woobat started explaining again. "When we attacked your friend, Fletchling chased the other pokemon, and I got stuck with her," said Woobat pointing at Lydia again. "That's when you showed up and started talking about human crap or whatever," ended Woobat.
    Cameron was stunned at the information he had just been given. Lydia woke up with another pokemon, Pawniard's evil plan to brainwash one of his friends, the fact that they were being watched all this time. Then Pawniard started to speak.
    "Now, time to get that Pikachu and a bonus!!"
    Woobat and Zebstrika stepped forward into an attack position. Then there was a black streak that appeared for a split second. All the pokemon looked over to see Woobat on the ground. Emolga standing above him. "Hey, your one of the pokemon who attacked my brother and I," said Pawniard, still holding Savannah.
    "That's right, but it's not just me," said Emolga, and with that, more pokemon appeared. Dunsparce, the Shiny Eevee, Virizion, and Talon. Then Quagsire got in an attack position when Gurdurr, the two Timburr, and Meloetta, followed by Adam. The many pokemon surrounded the three outlaws. Pawniard saw that he was out numbered and dropped Savannah. Savannah ran over to Cameron.
    "We have to protect Lydia," said Savannah to Cameron. Cameron nodded. Savannah picked up Lydia and ran toward Post Town. But then, she was blocked a pokemon. Fletchling.
    "Going somewhere?" Fletchling said in an evil voice. Fletchling was holding something. No. Someone! Cameron got a closer look. It was a Starly. Fletchling then had an evil grin on her face.
    "This Starly, was with that Pikachu when we found them," Cameron noticed that the Starly was beat up a little. Fletchling continued. "It seems like, you humans, don't take punches very well," Cameron was confused again. What did she mean by that? She then spoke again. "You two, Savannah and Cameron, meet Skyler," and with that, Fletchling threw the Starly at Cameron and Savannah's feet. Cameron looked at the Starly. Could this really be Skyler?
    "Oh, don't pretend you don't know her. She told me everything about her human life. About you," said Fletchling, grinning. "Boys, it's time to leave," said Fletchling
    "But what about the targets?" asked Pawniard.
    "Well get them later, besides, your obviously blinded by the fact that we're surrounded," replied Fletchling. And with that, the outlaw pokemon ran down the road. They were gone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Defenders of Spirit Chapter 6​

Many pokemon stood at the path between Post Town and Paradise. Savannah, who had just been let go, looked at the two fainted pokemon. A Starly, and Lydia. Savannah went to pick Lydia up.
    "Bring them to Swanna's Inn. They will be helped their," said Talon.
    Savannah looked at Talon.
    "Here, this way," said Talon as he walked toward Post Town. Savannah, with Lydia in her arms, followed him. Adam picked up Skyler and followed to, along with Cameron. When they got too the Inn, Talon went to talk to a Swanna.
    "Swanna, we need the upstairs for healing some pokemon. Could we please have the upstairs?" asked Talon. Swanna nodded and watched them go up the stairs to where the Inn was. In the Inn, Lydia and the Starly were laid down on two beds. When they were laid down, Talon turned to Savannah, Cameron, and Adam.
    "Who are you?" he asked.
    Cameron spoke up. "Talon, it's us. Your friends from school."
    When Talon heard that, he looked at each pokemon carefully. He couldn't believe that people he knew from the human world were in the pokemon world with him. Emolga then popped up from behind him.
    "Don't believe them Talon. I mean, they're strangers we hardly even know," he said while looking at them suspiciously. Talon just kept looking at them. Finally, he uttered the words, "Prove it."
    Adam, Savannah, and Cameron looked at each other.
    "Well, that pikachu over there is Lydia. Your girlfriend," said Savannah.
    The comment that Savannah had made caught Talon off guard.
    "You guys are... and she is..." Talon stuttered. Savannah just nodded her head. Talon sunk to the floor.
    "You guys, are really here," Talon said, looking at Lydia.
    At that point, Swanna had come up to them with some berries. Two sitrus berries and two oran berries. She fed one of each to the unconscious pokemon.
    "They're getting better, but wait until morning for them to be completely healed," said Swanna.
    Swanna then went back downstairs. The whole time Talon just stared at Lydia.
    "I... I can't believe that they would do this!!!" Talon said as he became angry.
    "Calm down Talon. Lydia will heal. You just have to wait," said Adam. Adam's words calmed Talon down.
    Adam was right. Getting angry wasn't going to help.

That night, Talon didn't sleep in his house. He was right next to Lydia the whole night.

Back