• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon with 3 types

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    Is it possible to make Pokemon with three types? If so how would I be able to do that?

Thanks in Advance!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Possible, but very difficult. I wouldn't bother if I were you. Three types seems like overkill anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    I know it would be a bunch of work and that it is an unpopular idea, but I would still like to do it. I mostly am asking to make sure I don't miss anything that I would need to change to make it work correctly. Here is my list of things to edit involving adding a 3rd type:

Compiler Script
    Rock/Paper/Sciccors
    STAB Effect
    Conversion Move
    Transform Move
    Protean Ability
    Type Symbol Location
    PokeBattle_Pokemon
    PbTypesExtra
    dexdata.dat

What am I missing?

Years
  • I know it would be a bunch of work and that it is an unpopular idea, but I would still like to do it. I mostly am asking to make sure I don't miss anything that I would need to change to make it work correctly. Here is my list of things to edit involving adding a 3rd type:

Compiler Script
    Rock/Paper/Sciccors
    STAB Effect
    Conversion Move
    Transform Move
    Protean Ability
    Type Symbol Location
    PokeBattle_Pokemon
    PbTypesExtra
    dexdata.dat

What am I missing?

Effictiveness modifiers (there's a few places regarding this, I added a psuedo-third type for gen 6)

Back