• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphical glitch when dependent-event crosses two maps

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I have been trying to improve the Partner Trainer in my Pokemon Essentials V15 . However, I can't seem to find a solution for the graphical error or glitch that occurs whenever the Partner or actually the dependent-event following the player(e.g Brendan) crosses between two connected maps. What happens is that the sprite of the dependent-event blinks and gets pushed forward to then reappear in an incomplete manner for a few frames. I understand that this happens because it is being moved to another map, but I was wondering whether someone managed to find a solution for the graphical error(especially in the popular hack-games that do seem to have Pokemon followers across multiple maps).

It is obvious that if you just use doors/entrances all the way through, you could avoid that glitch as you would never directly pass between two connected maps, but I believe that this would ruin the design of my game's environment. This glitch can also be avoided by using one huge map for your game, but that will increase the processing overhead and make the game much slower.

The bug is already known and mentioned on the Wiki itself of the Partner Trainer and so I didn't report it.:
    "There is a slight graphical error when crossing between two connecting maps which you may not want."

Have you managed to solve this graphical glitch on your own? And do you know how it is done?

Thanks in regards,

Years
  • I too have the same problem. I tried to use the pbWait (10) function, in the DependentEvent script, after line 320, with a decent result, but the problem is that the follower disappears for a moment from all maps, and then reappears. There is also a problem with the sprite animation, repeating only the first two frames (it is probably an error in the update function).

Back