• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wondertrade Pokemon

Years
  • Hi everyone,

I am relatively new at playing Pokémon, and am currently playing Pokémon Y.

Since the only other Pokémon Edition I have ever played is FireRed, I really enjoy the new online trading features, especially Wonder Trade.

But now I have read several times that you can get hacked Pokémon via Wonder Trade; I am sure that you get this question a lot, but after all my research online, my questions are still not completely answered, so I hope that you can help me with that.

Do I really have to fear that I receive hacked Pokémon via Wonder Trade, and if so, what does that mean, not only for this particular Pokémon, but for my whole cartridge? I have read that one tainted Pokémon can get you banned from tournaments (which I am currently not participating in, but I would like to have the option). In how far is that true?
    And if I do receive a Pokémon that could be hacked, can I simply let it go free and undo the "damage"? What happens if I breed a hacked Pokémon?

I have also read that there were certain filters that do not allow trading hacked Pokémon via Wonder Trade - however, there seem to be Pokémon in circulation that are hacked so well that they do not get filtered.

And what about regular trade, outside of Wonder Trade? I have recently received a Generation VI starter Pokémon for a Raichu, and I am kind of afraid that it's hacked or cheated.

So, in how far do I have to be afraid of hacked Pokémon? And what about cheated Pokémon - if I receive one of those, does it impact my game as well?

Thank you very much in advance.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Hi everyone,

I am relatively new at playing Pokémon, and am currently playing Pokémon Y.

Since the only other Pokémon Edition I have ever played is FireRed, I really enjoy the new online trading features, especially Wonder Trade.

But now I have read several times that you can get hacked Pokémon via Wonder Trade; I am sure that you get this question a lot, but after all my research online, my questions are still not completely answered, so I hope that you can help me with that.

Do I really have to fear that I receive hacked Pokémon via Wonder Trade, and if so, what does that mean, not only for this particular Pokémon, but for my whole cartridge? I have read that one tainted Pokémon can get you banned from tournaments (which I am currently not participating in, but I would like to have the option). In how far is that true?
    And if I do receive a Pokémon that could be hacked, can I simply let it go free and undo the "damage"? What happens if I breed a hacked Pokémon?

I have also read that there were certain filters that do not allow trading hacked Pokémon via Wonder Trade - however, there seem to be Pokémon in circulation that are hacked so well that they do not get filtered.

And what about regular trade, outside of Wonder Trade? I have recently received a Generation VI starter Pokémon for a Raichu, and I am kind of afraid that it's hacked or cheated.

So, in how far do I have to be afraid of hacked Pokémon? And what about cheated Pokémon - if I receive one of those, does it impact my game as well?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Any Pokemon that's hacked/cheated in Pokemon can be as obvious as a level 1 legendary (excluding dialga, palkia, or giratina if it's from the ruin of alph side event from Heartgold/soulsilver) or fully evolved Pokemon excluding the 3 original eeveelution.
    Other hacks include impossible moves learned, unobtainable like volcanion, impossible abilities like a drought on a magikarp or blaze on a mewtwo. Also anything shiny but are supposed to be shiny locked, like Xerneus, Yveltal, Zygard, and the main trio legends of ORAS (available to be shiny pre-gen 6) are hacked. So if you get a shiny Xerneus, it is most likely shiny locked.

As for any damage or events that do t happen or take a different route... So far, that I know, there isn't any damage to any extent. If you happen to say have a full team of hacked Pokemon, everything should progress normally. I haven't heard of any game crashing or have my own crash.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Thank you so much for your answer! It's really nice to know that this doesn't seem to be such a big problem after all. And when I'll get a Pokemon that makes me sceptical, I'll try to check whether it's legit based on what you wrote.

Thanks! :)

Back