• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Singing in the rain! (RMT)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
  • Hey PC people, I've stopped playing the pokémon metagame for awhile, but last week I started to have some ideas for a team and finished making it this Monday and started testing it out yesterday. So far I'm in a 10x winning streak, something that never happened to me before and my favorite part is that the team focus in a UU pokémon, Omastar xD.

So yeah, it's a rain team, but it's different from most out there and you will see why:

-------------------------------------

Azelf @ Damp Rock
    Levitate
    Jolly
    EV: 252 HP / 252 speed / 4 def

-Rain Dance
    -Stealth Rock
    -U-Turn
    -Explosion

It was quite a problem finding the perfect lead, I thought of many options, but in the end I chose Azelf. I always get a guaranteed 8 turns rain dance, he didn't fail to do that so far. in the second turn I normally setup with Stealth Rock and if It's taunted I use U-Turn. Explosion is for these mid game moments when a possible to threat to the stability of the team comes in (Suicune for example) or when a pokémon is settuping on me. It already saved me a few times but normally I don't need to use this last resource.

-------------------------------------------------

Omastar @ leftovers
    Swift Swim
    Modest
    EV: 252 sp.atk / 100 HP / 152 speed

-Surf
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam
    -HP electric

This little guy is truly beast, yes, beast. With SR it OHKO most pokémon in the game, surf gets really strong with Rain Dance and STAB. Surf OHKO Metagross for example. Ice Beam deals with Salamence, Dragonite, Latias and Togekiss in one hit too. Earth Power is rarely used since normally it's better to use Surf (because of RD and STAB). HP electric is for annoying Starmie, Milotic and some other pokémon I can't remember.
    Also, Omastar in RD outspeeds pretty much anything, so I will usually be hitting first ^^. And due to it's typing it resists to most prioritie moves that are it's only threat.
    So far the only pokémon that beat it was a Poliwrath with Vaccum Wave, the ONLY one, however a Hitmontop is also a threat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Swift Swim
    Adamant
    EV: 252 Atk / 100 Speed / 156HP

-Stone Edge
    -Waterfall
    -Water Jet
    -Swords Dance

This kabutops is fast and can do some serious dmg with STAB/RD Waterfall and STAB Stone Edge and if I manage to get one or two SDs, it's game over (I hope so) for my opponent ^^. Water jet is there for when it stops raining and is also a surprise for priority moves users.

-----------------------------------

Kingdra @ life orb
    Swift Swim
    Naughty
    EV: 252 Sp.ATK / 252 attack / 4 HP

-Hydro Pump
    -Draco Meteor
    -Waterfall
    -Outrage

This guy is fast, really fast when it rains, with 150 Base Speed it will outspeed anything, but another Kingra or faster SSer. It's the third main offensive pokémon in the team. He is the third in the line because he is mixed, Both Hydro Pump and Waterfall hits really well together with the RD and STAB. Draco Meteor is there to destroy the foes that resist water, like Suicune. Rain dace is there because I didn't thought of anything better so far. I never used RD on it...

----------------------------------------------------

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 100 HP/152 SpAtk/252 Speed

Modest nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder
    - Roost/Toxic/Roar
    - HP Grass

This guy takes advantage of the 100% acc Thunder, dealing loads of dmg with it's STABbed move ^^. HP Grass is there for Swampert and Quagsire and for the other move slot I'm between roost(bulkyness), toxic(status) and roar(abusing SR and help Kabutops to setup).

-------------------------------------------------

Scizor @ Damp Rock
    Adamant
    EV: 252 Atk / 252 Speed

-Bullet Punch
    -Rain Dance
    -Super Power
    -U-Turn

At the same time a good hitter and also a RDer, this scizor is totally useful for my team. It revenge kill, set rain dance up and also hit hard.

----------------------------------

I know the team is not perfect yet and all, but I'm really happy with the results I'm having and also because my main weapons are a NU and a UU pokémon that are destroying most OU pokémon out there ^^. There aren't many threats to the at all since I can deal with most pokémon quite well. So yes, please rate it and give suggestions plz!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Looks just like every other Rain team ever, except with Omastar over Ludicolo. Not that it's a bad thing, but there's just not much to rate.

I would definitely give Zapdos Roost and also put Roost over Superpower on Scizor. You'll want your rain dancers to last as long as possible after Azelf explodes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back