• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Going on with the game's parsing?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    So I was changing a couple of TMs and I came across something odd.

Spoiler:

I don't get it it's trying to read the index number of the next item as part of the move the TM teaches name even though it's formatted exactly the same as every other TM but it's the only one causing problems.

Years
  • It is because you didn't put a comma - or deleted the existing comma - after the phrase SLEEPTALK. When reading the text files, the compiler usually ignores newline characters.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The compiler does NOT ignore newline characters. The method that crops up in this error message several times called pbCompilerEachCommentedLine does indeed imply that it cares about lines, and checks them one at a time.

The problem here is that there ISN'T a newline character where there should be. One item per line. You have two items on the same line here.

Back